Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I kind of feel like a Gamecock
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

I kind of feel like a Gamecock

Jan 20, 2017, 12:09 PM

with our running back situation right now.

It's Ettiene or 2 star fall back.

??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: I kind of feel like a Gamecock

Jan 20, 2017, 12:11 PM

Absolutely blows that Richardson fell through. Kinda like when we didn't get Cook there was no way we would in a natty without him.

Jan 20, 2017, 12:15 PM

Id rather eat the Scholly this year than grab a fall back.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

foubt you'd pass on etienne if he came our way

Jan 20, 2017, 6:31 PM

But agreed I'd pass on ###### back if no one good is available

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2017, 12:22 PM

Zamire White and Devon Lawrence...yes please!

Honestly I'm a little concerned about our depth at RB

Jan 20, 2017, 12:24 PM

Fuller looks improved but can he do it as a starter? Can he pass block? Feaster looks ultra-talented but has yet to play a meaningful role. Can he be a 20+ carry a game guy and can he pass block? Choice looked nothing like where he was; can he get back to pre-injury form? You remember when Gallman went down against NCSU? We looked lost in the running game. I wish I was as confident at RB as WR. Personally I wish we had a coupe high profile guys on the commit list.

Re: Honestly I'm a little concerned about our depth at RB

Jan 20, 2017, 4:30 PM

Was Gallman a high profile guy? Lol. We are fine we have the best RB in the sophmore class and Fuller and Choice are both solid backs. We are good as gold at RB.

Jan 20, 2017, 12:36 PM

wow, we have Choice, Feaster and Fuller. now granted we need another but we can survive with those 3, and the walkons if we have to. If we don't get another this year, OK, just pocket the scholly and get the one you want next class!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me too

Jan 20, 2017, 2:26 PM

but I want her to look something like this.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder if there's any chance we move Ray Ray.

Jan 20, 2017, 2:35 PM

If we don't pick up someone, we're only three deep at RB. Ray Ray would be a nice receiving option out of the backfield. Not sure how he'd do in pass pro though.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wonder if there's any chance we move Ray Ray.

Jan 20, 2017, 3:55 PM

Ray Ray needs to solve the fumble issues.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Running back is the least of my concerns***

Jan 20, 2017, 2:37 PM

Running back is the least of my concerns***

Jan 20, 2017, 2:37 PM

Really?

Jan 20, 2017, 2:39 PM

Other than QB (where I personally have a lot of confidence in Zerrick Cooper), I can't think of any other position where we are so unproven, being thin just exacerbates it.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Really?

Jan 20, 2017, 2:55 PM

Qb is the most important position everything else will fall in place if we can find a leader there. Same with the linebackers on D.

I think we'll be fine at LB. Probably better

Jan 20, 2017, 2:57 PM

overall, though it's tough to replace Boulware from a leadership and fire standpoint. QB is of course a concern but we have a lot more talent there than at RB.

Jan 20, 2017, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Really? ]

TE? LB? Safety? Center?

Fuller Choice Feaster

Jan 20, 2017, 3:52 PM

TE - Lack experience but lots of depth and talent.

LB - LOTS of talent, might be even better than this year's group with Lamar and Shaq Smith.

S - Tanner Muse looks like a solid, maybe great player. Probably move him to Jadar's spot to play along side Smith. Might be some lack of quality depth.

C - Plenty of talent and depth along the OL, someone will probably move from G and step up.

Meanwhile at RB you listed everyone on the roster as of now. Feaster has potential obviously but isn't a complete back. Fuller I think will be the starter and he's workable but lacks the burst and vision. Choice hasn't been the same since his injury. If Fuller or Feaster goes down, there's nowhere to go unless we move someone (Ray Ray or Kelly Bryant most likely).

Jan 20, 2017, 4:05 PM

I know our depth charts. Your word was unproven. We are much more unproven at other areas. We have three RBs that have taken various amounts of live meaningful snaps. That's all we need if we can avoid injuries

I'd still say we're more proven at S and LB.

Jan 20, 2017, 4:19 PM

Not C or TE though.

Jan 20, 2017, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Really? ]

Fuller has a great burst and vision looks good to me.

He's good on kickoff returns

Jan 20, 2017, 4:34 PM

but has a tendency to run into the back of the OL when he's lined up in the backfield. Nothing that can't be coached though. Like I said, I'm sure he'll be the day one starter.

Sorry man, what'd you get locked up for?

Jan 20, 2017, 3:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Jan 20, 2017, 4:36 PM

If you have a great OLine, I can take a 2* running back and gain more yards than someone else with a 5* RB and a horrendous OLine. Just make sure that the OLine is ready, and we will cruise at RB.

That said - Fuller has done a darn good job at RB. Not sure why anyone would doubt his ability. Also, our recruiters usually fare pretty well each season, so maybe they have a surprise for us. You never know. :)

What do fry grease burns feel like?***

Jan 20, 2017, 6:07 PM

NM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jan 20, 2017, 6:43 PM

I have never felt like a coot. Even in our darkest days there was always light at the end of the tunnel. The coots are trapped in the twilight zone with little hope of getting out.

They may have a good year or two every 10 years but most years they are stuck in the mud spinning their wheels.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic