Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tempo: Are the Tigers still moving fast on offense?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

New Story: Tempo: Are the Tigers still moving fast on offense?

Oct 5, 2016, 7:57 AM

Tempo: Are the Tigers still moving fast on offense?

During Clemson’s win over Louisville last Saturday, there were periods when Clemson’s offense looked fast and running the type of tempo Clemson fans have come to expect since Chad Morris arrived in 2011. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Tempo: Are the Tigers still moving fast on offense?

Oct 5, 2016, 8:23 AM

In our next difficult must win game.........can we skip the 3rd quarter? Asking for my cardiologist

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Oct 5, 2016, 11:41 AM

I think, technically, you could say we have skipped the 3rd quarter and therein lies the issue...we need to come out as fired up and focused for the 3rd as we have been to start the games - no matter how much we're up by. If we had on Saturday we roll them by 3-4 TDs.

How did we have 7 games and our record is 5-0?***

Oct 5, 2016, 8:31 AM

I think we're counting Auburn and Troy as both a win

Oct 5, 2016, 10:47 AM

and a loss, thus 7 games total

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Oct 5, 2016, 9:51 AM

I'm a little weary of hearing 'establishing the run' all the time. If that means three-and-outs in the third quarter when the other team has made adjustments, maybe we should just take what their defense gives us until the run is there again. I'm sure our defense would appreciate that approach.

Oct 5, 2016, 10:03 AM

ditto

Really?

Oct 5, 2016, 10:24 AM

So.....Elliot and Scott are 20-1 since taking over as Co-OC's. I trust they are taking what the defense gives them over what Tnetter's think they see.
It really amazes me that people on this board (and others) think they can call plays better then our OC's. It's laughable actually.
If you really look at each game, there are at least 5+ game changing plays our play makers did not make. Coaches can only put them in the position to make the play, when they don't it obviously changes the next play call.

Re: Really?

Oct 5, 2016, 1:03 PM

These are the same people that called Dabo a cheer leader.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2016, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Really? ]

Respectfully, the TEAM is 20-1 over that time frame. If winning is the only measure, then the special teams folks are also 20-1 over the same time period, and we all know that nothing over there needed fixing after last season either, right?

Oct 5, 2016, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Really? ]

+1. Couldn't have said it better

Oct 5, 2016, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tempo: Are the Tigers still moving fast on offense? ]

Maybe a quick slant to Ray Ray...oh that was intercepted

Oct 5, 2016, 10:32 AM

So at GT we did a really good job of mixing it up in the first half.
So in the second let's get away from what's working to establish the run?
I'm sorry that doesn't make much sense.

Imo, the faster that the offense plays the better for us.

Oct 5, 2016, 10:57 AM

Clemson is loaded at the skill positions, especially wr and most schools don't have good depth at db, so we could really wear out the opponents late in the game by being fresh and still attacking all game long.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2016, 1:03 PM

I agree that we should trust the OC's, as overall they have done a great job. Aside from a few cases, our biggest problem has been execution of plays...not play-calling.

As far as our goals for establishing the running game, I think it is important to continually work to improve and strengthen it, especially in games (or during games) where you can afford to do so (even if it is not working too well). If this is their strategy, then I fully support it.

Dabo and the entire team knows what it takes to GET to the Big Game. They also know what it will take to WIN it. Continue to grow all aspects of the team, particularly the O-line/running-game, defensive secondary, and special-team. Keep guys as healthy and fresh as possible. Rotate, and develop as much experience as possible.

We ran out of gas last year at the Natty...that will not happen again.

To be honest

Oct 5, 2016, 3:47 PM

Clemson's offense wasn't exactly elite last year. There were games where they looked as good
as any offense in the country, but there were games where they were about as average as any team.
But sometimes I think Dabo is saving the teams when he doesn't need to do as much- it's about
keeping the game in check, or in hand. And we've done that for the most part.
BUT!!!

Letting teams hang around into the 4th quarter doesn't always mean the unexpected won't
happen, and while Clemson is 5-0. They could very easily be 2-3. Yep.
Only a handful of plays separate Clemson from being a play off contender to a huge disappointment.
Clemson needs to step on the GAS early, and keep the pressure going.
Something they haven't done......

Yet.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic