Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: NCAA reviewing Watkins' involvement in Florida party
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: NCAA reviewing Watkins' involvement in Florida party

Dec 13, 2011, 9:41 AM

NCAA reviewing Watkins' involvement in Florida party

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really?***

Dec 13, 2011, 9:45 AM

Re: Really?***

Dec 13, 2011, 9:47 AM

I don't see what the big deal is. It's not like Sammy and the other guys are charging admission. Some guy is using those 4 guys' names to get some publicity. Shouldn't be a problem for any of the football players involved.

Seriously? The NCAA is clearly thinking the obvious, that

Dec 13, 2011, 5:08 PM

this guy said, "hey, i'll give you x amount of money to use your name".

i love how the guy said "flyer" like some cheaply copied and printed flyer on bulletin boards everywhere to be deceptive. then actually has a professional promo piece created. lol, that picture is definitely NOT of a "flyer".

this guy clearly wanted to be deceptive and use these guys to promote his party. i'm sure there is a healthy door charge and if this guy is smart he even negotiated a piece of the money made by the restaurant for food n drinks.

It looks like Clemson got ahead of this in time.

Dec 13, 2011, 9:47 AM

This seemed harmless enough, but the NCAA will suspend a kid for sneezing wrong.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: It looks like Clemson got ahead of this in time.

Dec 13, 2011, 9:49 AM

Unless he is a kid whose dad accepted thousands of dollars. Or a kid who accepted free nights in a nice hotel. Or a kid who gets arrested multiple times. Or a kid who sends a text message to his girlfriend that he is going to kill her. Or worst yet, a kid who sucker punches another kid on national tv. Oh wait, that kid did get 6 games. He should get 6 years in jail.

6 years for a punch that the guy who got punched was asking

Dec 13, 2011, 10:25 AM

for, come on now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The guy that got sucker punched was just trying to

Dec 13, 2011, 11:46 AM

pull people out of there. That's why it was called a sucker punch

Re: The guy that got sucker punched was just trying to

Dec 13, 2011, 12:47 PM

I think one of you is talking about LaGarrette Blount and the other is talking about Cincinnati v. Xavier...so you're both right.

Yeah, I've not seen the basketball thing.

Dec 13, 2011, 1:04 PM

Clemson has kindly given me permission not to care about that sport at all this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, I've not seen the basketball thing.

Dec 13, 2011, 2:38 PM

Why would you not care? I think the jersey say Clemson on it!!!!!!

Somebody using Sammy's name for publicity.

Dec 13, 2011, 9:49 AM

Anybody who talks with Sammy for five minutes knows he's not the party-and-spotlight kind of kid.

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Re: Somebody using Sammy's name for publicity.

Dec 13, 2011, 10:22 AM

this is so stupid,anyone can put players names ona flyer and promise to have them there to get people to come to an event.Why would a player jeopardize thier carrer and chance to go t orange bowl for a christmas party?mlooks like a scam to get Sammy out of the bowl, must be some worried WV peeps out there.

lol paranoid much? a wvu player was on it too. this was a

Dec 13, 2011, 5:12 PM

hood rat trying to capitalize off local kids done good.

exactly he left florida to get away from that type of stuff***

Dec 13, 2011, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Somebody using Sammy's name for publicity. ]

Re: Football Player Update: NCAA reviewing Watkins' involvement in Florida party

Dec 13, 2011, 9:50 AM

How exactly does this end up getting investigated by the NCAA when all four went to separate schools? Wouldn't that eliminate the idea of a school gaining and advantage?

null

Re: Football Player Update: NCAA reviewing Watkins' involvement in Florida party

Dec 13, 2011, 9:58 AM

Funny how the NCAA jumps in so quick before the party, but let other players take money for years, then drag their ### before making any decision

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Makes you wonder how the NCAA found out about a flyer.

Dec 13, 2011, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: NCAA reviewing Watkins' involvement in Florida party ]

It's not like it was on a website or advertised on TV and radio.

"Show me a good and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure."
Knute Rockne / Notre Dame

Re: Makes you wonder how the NCAA found out about a flyer.

Dec 13, 2011, 10:31 PM

LMAO!!!Makes me think a coot booster down in Fla. Trying to assure Clemson don't get that 11th win of the season. B/C they know that the coots ain't going to get that badly wanted 11th. And they will step down to trying anything to make sure Clemson doesn't either. That 11th for us, and their 10th would make their win over us worth even less....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its not about schools but amateur players profiting off

Dec 13, 2011, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: NCAA reviewing Watkins' involvement in Florida party ]

their names. like a college player being paid to be in a commercial. like when the ncaa stupidly denied bloom from getting paid as an olympic skier advertising for his sponsors because he also played wr for colorado.

yet they let guys make millions in pro baseball, then come back to college and play football.

common sense and the ncaa are words that don't belong in the same sentence.

NCAA must have plenty of $

Dec 13, 2011, 9:59 AM

to throw away investigating something that hasn't happened yet. Probably just looking for an invite!

Some NCAA investigator wants a free ticket to S FLA

Dec 13, 2011, 10:14 AM

to visit the family during the holidays I bet.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This sounds like zilch.***

Dec 13, 2011, 10:16 AM

Also, isnt Sammy taking exams this week.........

Dec 13, 2011, 10:26 AM

so he will be in CU all week. Plus practice for the bowl starts this week and he will have to be at those as well. Sammy probably wont be in Fla. until a day or two before the game and I doubt he will have anytime to be attending Christmas parties. Somebody down there looked up him and his brothers name because they probably grew up close to where this "party" is being held.

It Is A Big SO WHAT!

Dec 13, 2011, 12:03 PM

The NCAA "Fun Police" must be really bored. They must be staffed with with a bunch of holier then thou pencel necked geeks! If Sammy wants to lend his name to a Christmas Time Party, so what? He is over 18, he can go to war and potentially get harmed, he can sign a legal contract, he is treated as an adult in the legal system ... Ooooooops! Better not drink a beer! You have to be 21 for that! Carrie Nation will see to that! Thank God we such strict laws! US, Muslim Countries, and of course, China ....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's nothing to see here. Move along! :)***

Dec 13, 2011, 12:35 PM

May be nothing, but sammy has been known to tweet

Dec 13, 2011, 1:57 PM

that he and the football team will be at certain bars downtown clemson and invites everyone to come out. My instant thought was someone was giving incentives for him to tweet it.

Dec 13, 2011, 3:12 PM

If he were in the SEC the NCAA would have looked the other way.

His brother plays for UF. Just sayin***

Dec 13, 2011, 3:20 PM

Re: His brother plays for UF. Just sayin***

Dec 13, 2011, 4:24 PM

Yea, for a 6 and 6 Florida. If it would have been a team in the hunt for the national championship from the SEC it would have been ignored.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny how..

Dec 13, 2011, 10:43 PM

The ncaa can't catch a team being run by a ponzi scheme con artist or a child molesting coach until 20 yrs after the fact but they can break up a party before it even occurs!

Those guys on the ncaa commitee of infractions are really catching the bad apples! Sammy is a good guy on and off the field. Bogus propaganda. GO TIGERS!

Dec 13, 2011, 10:54 PM

Dec 13, 2011, 11:00 PM

maybe if his dad was merely selling his football services to the highest bidder the NCAA would see there was nothing of note going on....sigh.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic