Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Real perspective (long)....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 926

Real perspective (long)....

Oct 27, 2013, 10:39 AM

Lets start with the coots:
Since many on here are ready to concede that game based on yesterday, and yes its based on yesterday because no one was scared of the coot team that gave Tennessee their first conference win of the season.
They beat the #5 team in the country, but how good were they really? Mizzou was undefeated with wins over UGA and UF. When they played UGA, the Dawgs were in no better shape than the Maryland team we played yesterday and Mizzou had to score on their final drive to win, btw that UGA team then lost to Vandy the next week. Anyone want to imagine what we would have done to Georgia if we would have played them without Marshall or Gurley?
Then Mizzou beat UF handily at home, impressive, right? Well...this is the same UF team who lost to Miami, yes the U is undefeated, but with come from behind wins over UNC and Wake (anyone remember what we did to Wake?). UF was overrated with their only wins coming over Toledo, Tenn,. Kentucky, and Arkansas.
Finally, Missouri was also playing with their backup QB as well, how quickly we forget.

Now The Tigers:
Yes, we have looked bad for three games now, however, yesterday we keep talking about how depleted UMD was but we weren't exactly at full strength either. Does anyone actually believe we would have struggled so much in the redzone if UMD had to respect the QB run? We were afraid to run Boyd and that has been one of our most successful redzone plays.
We looked rough against BC, but in case anyone missed it, BC is the only team to hang with FSU this year for any amount of time. The FSU game was bad, but FSU is as good as anyone in the country.

In conclusion, are we Elite? Probably not, Are we Good? Absolutely, and I for one am not ready to concede a game that is a month away to a team that lost to Tennessee last week. We have struggled with turnovers for three weeks now, good news! That can be fixed! So I say bring on the COOTS!!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Real perspective (long)....I dont disagree but it was od

Oct 27, 2013, 10:47 AM

TB wasnt running well. Yet in the 4th qtr he was the old TB and ran fine. Dont know if a shot kicked in or what but there were clearly two distinct phases of his game yesterday

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Real perspective (long)....I dont disagree but it was od

Oct 27, 2013, 11:20 AM

Great points from the original post. On the running of Tajh- I did not like it to much in the beginning of the year, but it is far and away our best running play in short yardage and red zone. No one has been able to stop it even though they know it is coming.

Also, it really seems to get Tajh in the flow of the game and settle him down. He is not great at going through his progressions so I would tell him look at one then two then run if they are not open.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Real perspective (long)....

Oct 27, 2013, 11:36 AM

Football games are generally about matchups and not how teams preformed against other teams. South Carolina w/ shaw is as dangerous of an offensive team we have played with the exception of maybe Florida State. Our unwillingness/inability to consistently run the football will again be a problem when we play South Carolina. Barring injuries, I expect us to open as a lined underdog and lose our 5th straight to South Carolina.

Things that can help prevent that train-wreck:

1. Actually setting up a kick return/punt return (are we the worst team in the nation here?)
2. Better pocket awareness/footwork from T.Boyd.
3. More consistent inside running scheme/blocking
4. Better Safety play (maybe let Kearse start from here on out)
5. TE play. No way Cooper is better than leggett at 70 percent. Just Let leggett log 200 snaps before the coots.

spot on. very well said. we are close to reaching the elite

Oct 27, 2013, 11:48 AM

status, but we are not there yet. couple of pieces of the puzzle are still missing. i do think we are in that next group, though. i would put is in the 5-10 range, right now. we are getting very close to where we want to be.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Real perspective (long)....

Oct 27, 2013, 12:18 PM

Our O line has looked bad for more than just 3 games. Hell, outside of UGA game, they haven't impressed me for an entire game all year, except maybe Wake.

Good stuff, Brian. In fact, I think I might leave on this

Oct 27, 2013, 12:22 PM

post because it is about as accurate as can be and has me feeling encouraged once again. Much obliged sir!

Replies: 6
| visibility 926
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic