Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reading some of the Louisville boreds...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Reading some of the Louisville boreds...

Oct 7, 2014, 10:57 AM

More than a few of them claim we haven't faced a real defense yet this season. They also claim their defense would never give up 35 points. A couple even mentioned how they will hold us under 20 with no problem.

I guess my question is this:

Have they faced an offense anywhere close to what they will face on Sattidy?

I can't wait to turn Williams, Scott, Kitt, Hopper, etc loose on their secondary.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

link to said boreds please

Oct 7, 2014, 11:00 AM

seriously

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: link to said boreds please

Oct 7, 2014, 11:01 AM

https://louisville.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=658&tid=175329564&mid=175329564&sid=923&style=2

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

"Watson shows signs of getting rattled..."

Oct 7, 2014, 11:08 AM

Uhh - when? Where? This has all the makings of the Syracuse game last year, except on our court. Like I was saying yesterday, my boss (UK guy) loathes UL. All I hear about is how trashy, ignorant and redneck they are. For years I've rolled my eyes and told him he has no idea and that we annually deal with much worse. But he might be onto something here. These guys are straight up delusional.

I guess cheap, bad pizza does that to the mind.

I'd argue that Watson actually shows signs

Oct 7, 2014, 11:12 AM

of extreme composure when facing adversity. Do you remember how he responded to that pick against UNC?

He also stands in the pocket and finds an open guy about as well as anybody in the nation.

Not sure what those morans are watching.

Re: Reading some of the Louisville boreds...

My first thought when reading their comments. They are quick to point out our fourth quarter struggles against Georgia...without acknowledging that Georgia would probably take them to the woodshed, too.

Yeah, there were some State morans that said

Oct 7, 2014, 11:03 AM

the same thing last week.

Ha.

We should stomp them imo

I doubt we rack up 500 yds but Uva is probably their hardest test to date. Our D is worlds better than Uva's too and their offense only got 280 yds.

FIRST DOWNS 17 13
Rushing 6 5
Passing 9 8
Penalty 2 0
NET YARDS RUSHING 79 114
Rushing Attempts 27 40
Average Per Rush 2.9 2.8
Rushing Touchdowns 1 1
Yards Gained Rushing 98 150
Yards Lost Rushing 19 36
NET YARDS PASSING 203 171
Completions-Attempts-Int 20-43-2 16-30-2
Average Per Attempt 4.7 5.7
Average Per Completion 10.1 10.7
Passing Touchdowns 2 1
TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS 282 285

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They've yet to play a top 50 offense

Oct 7, 2014, 11:02 AM

These guys struggled with Wake and Cuse for a while for goodness sakes.

Agreed.

Oct 7, 2014, 11:07 AM

Their offense is also not very good. Not sure they are any better than State, and, well, umm...

Yeah.

can't link effectively from my phone

Oct 7, 2014, 11:03 AM

Look aT my replies from yesterday. . There is a thread that completely put thier d status in perspective.

If I remember correctly thier best opponent ranked like 80 in total yards.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

regardless, they are a good D

Oct 7, 2014, 11:07 AM

Bad D's don't hold their opp to that little yards. Not a #1 D but I'm betting top 15 at end of yr.

But our offense combined with our D spells trouble for UL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should beat them, but not because their defense isn't really good

Oct 7, 2014, 11:18 AM

I'm a little worried about our offense becoming one- dimensional, a we had trouble running the ball on a UNC run defense that isn't as good as theirs is. The only good run defense we've faced held us under 100 yards.

If we can't run it, we better hope our thin OL can pass block.

The reason why we ought to be confident isn't our offense, though, it's our defense against the mess they've had on offense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed.

Oct 7, 2014, 11:20 AM

I don't think they are as good as the Woof Pack offensively. So good luck to them with that.

Re: Agreed.

Oct 7, 2014, 11:36 AM

I believe Chad Morris has DW to the point in the play book we are going to see some electric plays on Saturday! IMO.

UNC sold-out to stop the run.....

Oct 7, 2014, 11:20 AM [ in reply to We should beat them, but not because their defense isn't really good ]

and we beat them throwing the ball. NC State backed their LB off the line to help defend the pass and we were able run on them effectively.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: UNC sold-out to stop the run.....

Oct 7, 2014, 11:28 AM

And UNC's pass defense has been terrible all year an NCS's run defense has been bad all year. I predicted before the NCS game that we'd be able to run on them. Heck, even FSU ran on them. Don't let that make you think we're a very good running team who can just line up and push people around, especially with the line so thin.

Also, even if you think teams like Miami, UVA, and Syracuse aren't any good on offense, you still don't hold all of those teams well below 300 yards of offense unless you're pretty good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Teams like Miami, UVa and Syracuse aren't very good

Oct 7, 2014, 11:40 AM

We beat Cuse 49 - 14 last year at the Carrier Dome and held them to 390 yards of total offense (100 of which came on two long runs).

Likewise, we beat UVa 59 - 10 in Charlottesville and held the Cavaliers to just 277 total yards of offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should also remind people we haven't win against an even mediocre defense

Oct 7, 2014, 11:21 AM [ in reply to We should beat them, but not because their defense isn't really good ]

The only defenses we've played with a pulse were UGa and FSU, and we couldn't score on those teams (even if we moved the ball at times). That's why I don't expect us to win this one as easily as UNC or NCSt.

I'm thinking this may be 17-7 type game at halftime, with us eventually winning 28-10 or 28-13.

Watson didn't start against UGA and it was the first game

Oct 7, 2014, 11:24 AM

Also the reason we didn't score as much against FSU was our own fault. We had over 300 yards of total offense on the road against FSU. If we don't make our mistakes we'd have scored around 30+.

Also we don't really know how good their D is yet because they haven't played even a decent offense yet.

Re: Watson didn't start against UGA and it was the first game

Oct 7, 2014, 11:32 AM

The 400ish yards of offense was ok, but we also couldn't really run the ball. I'm just saying, I'm not sold on this offense beaing great just yet because of the problems running the ball. If they can run it on UofL, it'll mean they've greatly improved.

Just curious what y'all think: over/ under 400 yards of offense for us? I'm saying just over. I think UofL will have less than 300 yards of offense.

You are right to have reservations about the run game...

Oct 7, 2014, 11:34 AM

I hope that the flashes from Gallman last week are a sign of good things to come for him. Also, getting Watson involved in the run game did help, and we may see more of that moving forward as well.

Dude...we moved the ball on FSU at will....

Oct 7, 2014, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Should also remind people we haven't win against an even mediocre defense ]

we just managed to step on our own Johnsons with golf shoes in the process.

I don't know if they have a good D or not ....

Oct 7, 2014, 11:18 AM [ in reply to regardless, they are a good D ]

Clemson will be the first offense they've faced with anything that even remotely resembles a pulse.

That's not really true

Oct 7, 2014, 11:23 AM

Look at what UVA and Syracuse did in the games before and after playing them. Syracuse, for instance, put up over 500 yards on Maryland and over 400 yards on a really good ND defense. Its fine to be confident about us winning, but you guys seem to want to believe that we can't be confident unless we think the other team sucks.

I don't think Louisville sucks big time, but I do think

Oct 7, 2014, 11:26 AM

we are currently playing at a level that they won't be able to hang with on both sides of the ball.

I don't think it will be 41-0, but I do see something like 30-13 as a reasonable expectation.

Neither I nor anyone else said Louisville sucks.....

Oct 7, 2014, 11:29 AM [ in reply to That's not really true ]

I said we don't know rignt now how good their defense really is becasue they haven't faced an offense that ranks in the top 50 nationally.

UofL hasn't faced a real offense or defense yet this season***

Oct 7, 2014, 11:11 AM

Oct 7, 2014, 11:29 AM

We've all been exposed to "coach speak" well, this is fan speak. Most of them are probably like me, not to much in the "X's and O's" of football just we love our teams and rely on "printed" facts to prove how good our teams are. That being said, they really are clueless about what they are coming into on Saturday. If Chad is correct and we are thin on OL it might be rough but that may be coach speak? Who knows, Go Tigers!!!

Oct 7, 2014, 11:39 AM

Spiller: This Little Bird team will be exposed for what they are--a fraud! Look at their schedule, O and D stats against those of the teams they played and it quickly show a miss match. They'll have trouble moving the ball and I can guarantee they haven't seen anything remotely close to our Tiger O. Tigers 48-Little Birds 10-14

Their FBS opponents are averaging 18.4 points per

Oct 7, 2014, 11:51 AM

game in FBS games. That's not good.

PPG ranks:

Oct 7, 2014, 11:52 AM

Virginia - 59
Miami - 81
FIU - 94
Syracuse - 107
Wake - 123

In FBS games where they don't face Louisville

Oct 7, 2014, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Their FBS opponents are averaging 18.4 points per ]

their opponents are averaging 20 points per game. So Louisville isn't driving that number down by themselves.

Petrino is dangerous

Oct 7, 2014, 12:39 PM

One of the best pure football coaches around.
I don't know what he has to work with now as far as players are concerned.

But he will make his mark soon enough. Let's hope it's not this weekend

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2014, 12:36 PM

I don't think they have played even a bottom 50 offense yet

It will be an interesting game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope we put up 70

Oct 7, 2014, 12:41 PM

Chad and dabo would be my bffs forever if we kept our foot on the pedal.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic