Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reading PackPride forums
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Reading PackPride forums

Oct 30, 2017, 11:25 AM

It seems like NC State fans are expecting for us to steamroll the puppies. They weren't very optimistic before the Notre Dame game, but it seems like after that loss they are ready to throw in the towel.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reading PackPride forums

Oct 30, 2017, 11:41 AM

too bad the fans don't play!

I don't think our offense is good enough to steamroll

Oct 30, 2017, 11:43 AM

a good team.

Re: I don't think our offense is good enough to steamroll

Oct 30, 2017, 11:49 AM

I think this will go about like VT and Louisville

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmm.. is***

Oct 30, 2017, 11:49 AM [ in reply to I don't think our offense is good enough to steamroll ]

Re: Hmm.. I'd say we pretty much

Oct 30, 2017, 11:51 AM

Steam rolled VT @ VT and they are a good ball club. I don't think we win walking away but I think we win convincingly.. which is what we need.

Re: Hmm.. I'd say we pretty much

Oct 30, 2017, 11:57 AM

It will be a quality win, and that will help us cement our status as a contender for the final 4. Still 2 tough games after this one, though, so it is crunch time for sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't exactly call that a steamrolling. Sure we had a

Oct 30, 2017, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Hmm.. I'd say we pretty much ]

3 TD lead in the 2nd half, but they actually outgained us by 10 yards for the game. They had 3 TOs (one of which got returned for a TD), we had none. We dominated the 1st half, but our offense played really poorly in the 2nd half... which has been a theme for us all season. We had like 72 yards of offense in the entire 2nd half against VT.

Re: I wouldn't exactly call that a steamrolling. Sure we had a

Oct 30, 2017, 12:22 PM

So we don't get credit for causing the TOs? They didn't score a TD until the fourth quarter and the first one came off of a fluke line drive punt where the return man got a sprinting start and took the ball to our 2 and the other TD came with less than 2 minutes left in the game to make the score look respectable. I know a decent amount of VT boosters and even they admit they got blown out.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

I'm just saying it wasn't a steamrolling

Oct 30, 2017, 12:24 PM

We've steamrolled 2 teams this year - Kent State and Louisville.

No, you are trying to justify your statement

Oct 30, 2017, 12:29 PM

We DOMINATED VT.

Re: I'm just saying it wasn't a steamrolling

Oct 30, 2017, 12:35 PM [ in reply to I'm just saying it wasn't a steamrolling ]

Anybody watching that game knows we dominated. Stop trying to justify your comments with stats that are skewed by garbage time. The game was never in doubt in the second half and they had to score a TD with 2 minutes left for it not to be a 3 score game.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Go ahead, downvote the truth.

Oct 30, 2017, 12:23 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't exactly call that a steamrolling. Sure we had a ]

There's nothing i posted you can't find in any box score.

Re: I don't think our offense is good enough to steamroll

Oct 30, 2017, 11:55 AM [ in reply to I don't think our offense is good enough to steamroll ]

We will find out Saturday PM. I think NCSU is a good pretty team, even with the overlook of usuc in game 1, but we shall see Saturday what they really look like against a very Clemson good team. I believe, if our Defense plays like last weekend )and I think we will) we will wear their offense down, and I believe our offense will wear their defense down, and we comfortably win this game. I really expect a tough game, but I think we will play lights out, because we have another appearance in the NC in our sights, and we won't be denied. All that said, Tigers roll on Sat. JMHO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reading PackPride forums

Oct 30, 2017, 12:10 PM

I don't think we steamroll them but maybe 10-12 point win? Clemson is the more proven team and if we play our game on both sides of the ball and get solid special teams contributions I don't see any way we lose.

Should be another "no doubt" game after the Gallman incident

Oct 30, 2017, 12:13 PM

last year, which their coach bragged about that being the reason for their good game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic