Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ABC has cancelled the racist's show.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

ABC has cancelled the racist's show.

May 29, 2018, 1:55 PM

She thought it would help her ratings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fox should pick it up.

May 29, 2018, 1:58 PM

Probably do pretty well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fox should pick it up.

May 29, 2018, 2:01 PM

They will have to beat out the NRA network, I see a bidding war brewing.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ABC has cancelled the racist's show.

May 29, 2018, 2:05 PM

I wonder if ABC owns it.

I won't celebrate it getting canceled. I thought liberals were over the top with their criticism of a realistic conservative family being portrayed on TV. And a lot of good people are undemployed now just because the star is a scumbag.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They aren't really a conservative family.

May 29, 2018, 2:08 PM

My wife and I started watching the new season. I was never into it as a kid. She and her husband are pretty conservative, but the kids and aunt are on the liberal end. I thought the show does a pretty good job of poking fun at both sides and showing how they can both find common ground.

Ironically, she has an episode where she doesn't trust her Muslim neighbors but then later sees eye to eye with them and defends one of them from bigotry.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

yeah, its has a certain All in the Family style scripting***

May 29, 2018, 2:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately for her co-stars, their sitcom is named after

May 29, 2018, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: ABC has cancelled the racist's show. ]

a racist scumbag. It would have been hard to simply fire the racist that the show was named after.

It's probably a good thing for John Goodman. This way, he doesn't have to quit the show over her comments and get death threats from Trump supporters.

Fox will pick it up.

Sadly, if it had been an ultra-liberal sitcom and some ghey

May 29, 2018, 2:13 PM

transgender star tweeted about killing all the conservatives in the US, or burned the flag, or did anything else anti-US, they would have been hailed as heroes...

ABC sux.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Well, it's almost too easy to point out how wrong this is.

May 29, 2018, 2:15 PM

For one, anyone who watches Roseanne knows that it isn't a conservative sitcom. One of her grandkids is even transgender on the show.

Second, remember why ABC cancelled Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher.

So, yeah. This post was about as incorrect as one can be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Still, the left has called for this to be cancelled since

May 29, 2018, 2:20 PM

the 1st episode, when she slammed the dems and supported Trump.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

This latest tweet proves they were right.***

May 29, 2018, 2:22 PM

Did ABC obey them when they called for that?

May 29, 2018, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Still, the left has called for this to be cancelled since ]

No. They didn't. They only did it when their star did something extremely stupid and probably would wind up costing them money in the long run.

Still - it's a double standard for the MSM.

May 29, 2018, 2:34 PM

My point was if a liberal celebrity tweeted someone who worked for Trump looked like an alien (or something) absolutely nothing would be done and said tweeter would be praised for saying it. Or at least not fired...See Jamele Hill, for example.Or Chris Matthews wanting to "Kill" Jared Kushner.

Re: Still - it's a double standard for the MSM.

May 29, 2018, 2:40 PM

No, there isn't, and I challenge you to provide a real example to counter the Roseanne one. I've already given you an example of ABC canning someone's show for making a comment that conservatives hated.

Jamele Hill was suspended. Her comments weren't as bad.

Chris Matthews clearly made a joke about Trump wanting to kill his son-in-law. He never said he wanted to.

Doesn't matter if it was a joke.

May 29, 2018, 2:52 PM

Roseanne's was a joke. Please explain the difference.

Re: Doesn't matter if it was a joke.

May 29, 2018, 2:56 PM

Roseanne made a blatantly racist joke. There's your difference. What are you upset about?

So a rassist joke is that much worse that saying you

May 29, 2018, 2:59 PM

want someone killed?

D@mn man. A comment that hurts someones feelings is worse than taking a life.

Suggest help brother.

Matthews didn't say he wanted him killed.

May 29, 2018, 3:02 PM

You know he didn't. This is a classic P&R case of twisting words to fit your argument.

Matthews exact quote: "So the son-in-law — you know, one good thing Mussolini did was execute his son-in-law. I mean, I’m talking about Ciano."

There you go.

Read the entire conversation. It was clearly implied.***

May 29, 2018, 3:06 PM

Re: Read the entire conversation. It was clearly implied.***

May 29, 2018, 3:13 PM

Show me:

CHRIS MATTHEWS: Coming up, a meltdown in the Trump camp. Catch this. This is wilder. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson explodes at a White House meaning for undermining him. They say the people around the President — the personnel people are screwing him. It’s a far cry from that love feast we watched a few weeks ago, which is right out of Mengistu’s government in Ethiopia with all the people bowing to the president. Apparently all is not well in paradise.

Well, according to The American Conservative magazine, Secretary Tillerson believes he's been contradicted and undermined by the White House. A close associate of Secretary Tillerson explained: “Rex is just exhausted. He can't get any of his appointments approved and is running around the world cleaning up after a president whose primary foreign policy adviser is a 36-year-old amateur.” Now, Ashley, I’m allowed to have opinions and one of my opinions was that nepotism is a bad thing in government. It just is. You put Uday and Qusay in your government and you’re going to have a problem with everybody else in the government because nobody can fight with them. Nobody can challenge them and, in the end, the son-in-law is always right because he can always to go his father-in-law or his wife and say they were mean to me. Do something about it. It is a disastrous decision from day one and now we find Kushner in the Middle East, brokering the Middle East peace process, whatever it is, among the Arabs and Israelis and Likud and everybody else and meanwhile, Tillerson is sitting around doing what? He can’t even appoint his own deputies. The power seems to have gone to the son-in-law. This is the Romanovs. Just a thought. The Romanovs. Is it?

MATTHEWS: Is it a royal family instead of a Democratic or a Republican form of government? Or is it a family running the government? Is it Ivanka and Jared and the President sitting around in the White House upstairs ruling the world?

ASHLEY PARKER: I don't think it’s quite that but I think it is run like a family business. The president and his aides see it publicly and privately and the President’s family, his children, especially his daughter Ivanka and, you know, Jared Kushner, they operate with a degree of impunity that does not exist for these other aides. So, if you look at just Jared and Tillerson, Jared basically emerged as a shadow Secretary of State. You mentioned peace in the Middle East. His portfolio includes not only that, it includes China, it includes Mexico, it includes Canada and that's just on the foreign policy front. So, if you're the secretary of state, ambassadors and leaders of foreign nations know that they can directly go to the President’s son-in-law and have his ear that deeply undermines you and makes it really difficult for you to do your job.

MATTHEWS: And then you find out in all these investigations that Jared was opening up a tunnel to Moscow so he wouldn’t have to deal with the State Department. So the son-in-law — you know, one good thing Mussolini did was execute his son-in-law. I mean, I’m talking about Ciano.

FRANK BRUNI: Let’s be careful here, yeah.

MATTHEWS: That was an extreme measure. But this was — this is a strange situation.

Re: Did ABC obey them when they called for that?

May 29, 2018, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Did ABC obey them when they called for that? ]

They also recently cancelled Last Man Standing....most likely because of Tim Allen's conservative views.

Re: Did ABC obey them when they called for that?

May 29, 2018, 7:22 PM

Jhop83® said:

They also recently cancelled Last Man Standing....most likely because of Tim Allen's conservative views.

Oh geez, would you like some cheese with that whine?

Roseanne has a right to free speech. ABC has a right to disassociate it'self from Roseanne.

I don't remember you coming to Kapernick's defense over his free speech rights?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What we need is George Jefferson!

May 29, 2018, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Sadly, if it had been an ultra-liberal sitcom and some ghey ]

hes not a bigot because....black

Re: What we need is George Jefferson!

May 29, 2018, 2:37 PM

George Jefferson WAS a bigot. That was the whole point of the show.

It was a spin off from All In the Family, where the character was introduced as the black version of Archie Bunker.

Movin' on up.

May 29, 2018, 2:55 PM

Probably couldn't get that show on any network these days. Or All in the Family for that matter...

I know, which is why I brought him up. its ok since hes blk

May 29, 2018, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: What we need is George Jefferson! ]

Maybe I should have gone with Clayton Bigsby

They show a lot of the re-runs for shows that couldn't

May 29, 2018, 3:33 PM

get on the air these days.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Roseanne will be hailed as a hero by many Trump supporters.

May 29, 2018, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Sadly, if it had been an ultra-liberal sitcom and some ghey ]

Will Trump tweet about it?

is the Pope Catholic?***

May 29, 2018, 2:27 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought it was a liberal sit-com.***

May 29, 2018, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Sadly, if it had been an ultra-liberal sitcom and some ghey ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This wouldn't even be making Chuckstons top 5 things

May 29, 2018, 4:06 PM

to enjoy Schadenfreude over if Rosanne hadn't come out in support of Trump earlier this year.

May 29, 2018, 2:14 PM

There are plenty of white people who look like monkeys....but of course she HAD to have racist intentions....

C'mon.***

May 29, 2018, 2:16 PM

Re: C'mon.******

May 29, 2018, 2:20 PM

Does someone on here really need to explain to you

May 29, 2018, 2:26 PM

Why comparing black people to apes is racist?

Just in case, why don't you take a shot at it.

May 29, 2018, 2:35 PM

Since we all came from apes.

You really honestly don't get it?

May 29, 2018, 2:47 PM

You really don't know the long history of using this comparison to degrade black people, or are you just being facetious following your dud post above?

I get it. I wanted to see your expaination.***

May 29, 2018, 2:53 PM

Nah. No need if you get it.***

May 29, 2018, 2:56 PM

Re: Just in case, why don't you take a shot at it.

May 29, 2018, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Just in case, why don't you take a shot at it. ]

We didn't come from apes.

Are you actually racist or are you just playing one on Tigernet?

Evolution proves otherwise.***

Re: Evolution proves otherwise.***

May 29, 2018, 3:03 PM

That isn't what evolution proves.

Re: C'mon.******

May 29, 2018, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: C'mon.****** ]

May 29, 2018, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: ABC has cancelled the racist's show. ]

Found one.

thats hard to believe

May 29, 2018, 2:26 PM

Good Morning America first debuted in November 3, 1975. That was quite a run.

Told you.

May 29, 2018, 2:46 PM

Doesn't matter what Trump supporters think or do. She's been relegated to Paula Deen territory now. And all Paula Deen needed to do was admit using the "n" word like 20 years ago. Doesn't matter that she freaking cooks food. Her viewers are food cookers and eaters, for crying out loud.

There's a reason America is tumbling down every list of freedom that exists. Press, falling. Personal freedom, falling. Economic freedom, falling. It fell during Bush's presidency and Obama's. It's falling with Trump. As long as this stuff, and #MeToo, etc. keeps going, freedom declines more and more. TV sucks anyway and is only slightly behind the news. That's because there's no freedom to express controversial thoughts or opinions. And it's not just race. It's politics. It's religion. It's everything. So you get a hyper-sanitized media and television that's quite frankly BORING. Sitcoms are now just sit. Or #### actually. There's no comedy. Jerry freaking Seinfeld won't even do standup anymore around college students. They're too wrapped up in political correctness to understand or appreciate freedom.

So long Rosie. Never really liked you, but that's not the point really.

/endrant

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So...

May 29, 2018, 2:48 PM

This is a sign of the downfall of America because a corporation won't stand for an employee's racist behavior and thus fires them?

If you had an employee who did this publicly, and you stood to lose a lot of money as a result, you would fire her in a heartbeat and you know it.

wait, ABC said this was about money?

May 29, 2018, 2:50 PM

ABC was profiting from the show. This is about the execs not getting invited to parties

Re: wait, ABC said this was about money?

Her comments made the risks outweigh the benefits. It's about money and nothing else.

Re: wait, ABC said this was about money?

May 29, 2018, 3:00 PM [ in reply to wait, ABC said this was about money? ]

Yeah, Disney's shares dropped 2.6 percent. Advertisers were likely soon to follow.

It's about money, bro.

Watched a few episodes of the old show...

May 29, 2018, 3:01 PM

It can be pretty funny. No idea about the new show...haven't watched anything but live sports on network TV in a long time. I don't know why people get so worked up about this stuff...if it ran for 10 more years, or got cancelled, I couldn't care less.

I thought the new one was pretty good.

May 29, 2018, 3:03 PM

Too bad she screwed it up. I thought it did a nice job of making fun of both sides of the Trump aisle, and took some practical approaches to social issues affecting most families.

I like shows that talk, and joke, about realities of life.

May 29, 2018, 3:06 PM

I like Everybody Loves Raymond for this reason. It's very relateable.

Still probably wouldn't catch it until TBS started doing re-runs of it. I've seen every episode of Big Bang Theory 10 times, probably, except whatever the latest season is, because I've never once watched it on CBS. Only TBS re-runs.

Poor John Goodman.***

May 29, 2018, 3:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good. What was she thinking?****

May 29, 2018, 4:09 PM

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic