Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To the three of you out there out of 100,000...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,744

To the three of you out there out of 100,000...

Apr 15, 2013, 11:08 PM

NBA defenders, that is:

Once again, The NBA has shown its true colors with the Kobe injury: the Lakers promptly went out and PLAYED BETTER. In reading the article I discovered that the team decided to "play as a group". Now that Kobe is gone, we "all have to step up". Hmm-m-mm.

Yet another reason why college ball at the level of Final Sixteen is superior. Team play.

The NBA is built on individualistic play of star players and not team play. Yep, their individual skills and athleticism are better on the average, but they have lost the meaning of playing together. Thus, Boston loses Rondo and also gets better: yet another example of this..

Well, good luck, you three, as you spend the next two months watching these teams slog through their "second season" - the playoffs. You will some individual skill, but not near the intensity and competitiveness of March Madness.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spurs?***

Apr 15, 2013, 11:10 PM

Louisville, kevin ware's teammates says hi..... you idiot***

Apr 15, 2013, 11:29 PM

I don't know who's an idiot but hi back

Apr 16, 2013, 9:37 AM

to the boys from my home town. Way to go, U of L (only hometowners refer to it this way).

If you loved FGCU so much

Apr 15, 2013, 11:29 PM

I think you would like the Clippers haha.

Re: To the three of you out there out of 100,000...

Apr 16, 2013, 8:06 AM

You obviously haven't watched much NBA or college basketball recently.
College basketball, which I love, has become almost unwatchable because the players can't shoot, can't make baskets. The game has been bogged down by walk-it-up play, holding and grabbing on defense and terrible offense.
The NBA has many terrific "teams" out there right now and it's not just one-on-one like it was with Iverson and Marbury.
The Lakers won ONE game without Kobe, but they won't do much without it. We see that all the time when teams can rise up without a player for a short spurt, but that won't last.
Watch the game before you make statements like that.

I like CBB more due to the fact I just enjoy college sports

Apr 16, 2013, 8:15 AM

but I have to admit that it has gotten bad in recent years. I think a lot of the "street ball" has worked its way into the game, and by that I mean the undisciplined nature the game is turning into. Guys blindly running into the lane, fouls everywhere, which then effects how the referees call the game. Even if there was a foul, the coaches and players dog the refs until they feel they need to let guys get away with the fouls. Even if a play is run well, enough guys don't make the shots, and I feel the shot clock is almost too long.

In the NBA, short shot clock = lots of offense, the teams run plays well (and even if it's just one guy going one on one, they almost always get an open play). So basically, I just feel it's better to watch now from a pure basketball stand point than college, not emotion wise though if that makes sense

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you think you see better fundamentals in college basketball than in the NBA

Apr 16, 2013, 8:17 AM

You are mistaken

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't think that a few years ago, but CBB has been

Apr 16, 2013, 8:27 AM

rough to watch lately

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The NBA has better athletes as a whole, and

Apr 16, 2013, 9:43 AM [ in reply to If you think you see better fundamentals in college basketball than in the NBA ]

a higher skill level, if slightly, as acknowledged earlier. Which has very little to do with my post.

Good luck looking for excitment and "madness" the next two months.

The Celtics have lost 10 of 15

Apr 16, 2013, 8:38 AM

How are they doing better without Rondo?

And judging the Lakers after 1 game without Kobe makes a lot of sense

Read my post more carefully

Apr 16, 2013, 9:36 AM

The judgment was made by the players themselves. They weighed in on it, and made it clear.

Re: Read my post more carefully

Apr 16, 2013, 10:53 AM

What do you expect them to say? "Well, without Rondo we're screwed. Maybe next year"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,744
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic