Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: News and notes from Monday's practice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: News and notes from Monday's practice

Mar 25, 2013, 8:31 PM

News and notes from Monday's practice

Dabo Swinney and the Clemson football team returned to the practice fields on Monday after taking a week off for spring break. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't like OHio State viewing us

Mar 25, 2013, 8:46 PM

Seeing as how Urban Meyer is targeting and taking some of our recruits , I just don't like us showing his offensive staff our practices.

I would have no problem if it was a UCLA or Colorado or another school out that way, but I keep seeing Ohio State in the mix for a lot of our top recruits.

I agree...who's to say they aren't here just to see first

Mar 25, 2013, 8:59 PM

hand some grievances they will share with recruits to sway them in their direction.

I'm not worried ant recruits, after all they came to see us.

Mar 26, 2013, 12:26 AM

What does that tell a recruit? Now I don't like the possibility of potentially playing them at year end in a BCS game...

I'm sure Morris has a counter play for most anything he runs

Mar 26, 2013, 12:32 AM

It took us two years to get 75% installed. How much do you think they learned in a day?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't matter. It's THE Ohio State University. I don't

Mar 27, 2013, 1:49 PM

like a thing about them and I don't won't them on our campus either. However, I do kind of like Urban Meyer and he has had good things to say about Clemson so, I guess I can look the other way.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Re: Don't like OHio State viewing us

Mar 26, 2013, 7:01 AM [ in reply to Don't like OHio State viewing us ]

Urban Meyer is going to get his share of top recruits just from his name. And he can't take any of our recruits that want to be at Clemson. And those are the only one's I want at Clemson. If they don't love Clemson as we do, let them go play for Mr. Urban Meyer....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously?

Mar 26, 2013, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Don't like OHio State viewing us ]

You think our coaches would do anything to hurt our program by having them there?

You don't think it's better to recruit against Ohio st than Colorado? You don't think our coaches benefit from having a working relationship with coaches from another top program?

You were the guy that when you did get that hot chick to go out with you, all you did was worry about the dudes looking at her.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: Seriously?

Mar 26, 2013, 6:05 PM

Actually when I got the hot chick, after about a year of being with her I was hoping other guys would take her away from me so that she could be another guys problem and not mine. Woman had a new problem every day.

I finally got smart and broke up with her in August right before the start of college football season. My Saturdays this past fall were the best ever. At the gym at 6 AM and back home before the start of the games at 9 AM west coast time. On the couch watching college football all day long.

Hope to do the same this season as well.

^^THIS!!!^^^***

Mar 26, 2013, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Don't like OHio State viewing us ]

Yea, we could see them in Pasedena..........could be.***

Mar 26, 2013, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Don't like OHio State viewing us ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In summary: Peters back in***

Mar 25, 2013, 8:51 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be..." - Winston Churchill

will be back at practice in full pads on Wed.******

Mar 25, 2013, 9:20 PM

"There is no one on the team that can cover Hopper 1 on 1

Mar 25, 2013, 8:57 PM

right now," I hope our DB's aren't that bad and Hopper is just THAT good. Hope Hopper has a breakout year like Sammy. Clemson is turning into WR U.

Re:I would bet that our dbs aren't that good.***

Mar 25, 2013, 9:00 PM

I would bet that would be your bet. Long time before Dawgs.***

Mar 25, 2013, 11:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2013, 7:04 AM [ in reply to Re:I would bet that our dbs aren't that good.*** ]

I think we went after Hopper b/c he was that good!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2013, 8:58 AM

I believe you are right. I think I remember him being a very sought after player, and he was considered a huge get for us. As always, the biggest factor in our being an elite offense will be the OL. We have had plenty of skill for a long time. JMO, but I think the OL will be much better going forward. If they are, we will get what we are looking for out of this offense. I hope we get some guys to step up in the Defense at LB and in the secondary. Time will tell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one can cover Hopper?

Mar 25, 2013, 9:04 PM

Quite sure...
that's not so much him being THAT good, as we have no one who can cover...anyways, helps on da way.

I've got a feeling Hopper is very good.***

Mar 25, 2013, 9:27 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Alexander

Mar 25, 2013, 9:07 PM

Will call out Sammy day 1 wen he gets here and prolly get burnt but Alexander has some confidence we need that at CB.

Re: I've got a feeling Hopper is very good.***

Mar 25, 2013, 9:32 PM

And very fast haha.

Re: Re:I would bet that our dbs aren't that good.***

Mar 26, 2013, 5:39 AM

Enter McKenzie Alexander!!

His tenacity and confidence will make Sammy even better, and bring out Hopper as well.

Gonna get exciting Tiger Nation!!

ALL IN

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re:I would bet that our dbs aren't that good.***

Mar 26, 2013, 9:39 AM

I believe Hopper is just that good!!! But to say that none of our DB's can't cover him 1 on 1, is not a fair assessment. Afterall, we did have two safeties out with injuries and a corner on suspension.

Swinney said Peters was in shorts Monday... lol***

Mar 26, 2013, 9:53 AM

Re: Swinney said Peters was in shorts Monday... lol***

Mar 26, 2013, 10:00 AM

What is funny about that

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope TB beats Rodney's record. Just needs 12 wins. 14 works***

Mar 26, 2013, 1:58 PM

Replies: 26