Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
HUNH Offense...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

HUNH Offense...

Aug 1, 2013, 2:46 PM

is the future of college football! We have shown the havoc is can wreak on physical, smashmouth style teams (VT, LSU). There is too much speed on the field and the big ol boys on D get worn down as the game goes on. $EC coaches know it exploits their game, so they're gonna keep crying over it

I think we have a chance to run the table this year and I wouldn't be surprised if Oregon did as well...Can you imagine that matchup??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oregon will be hard pressed to keep it up (this year) with

Aug 1, 2013, 3:13 PM

out Chip Kelley. Will be some learning curves for the new guy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: HUNH Offense...

Aug 1, 2013, 4:18 PM

It appears that the most effective defense for the HUNH offense is the 4-2-5, because the substitution problem is eliminated by the hybrid linebacker/safety position. I think that you would still need very athletic, physical, and highly intelligent LB's and DB's. Most teams who use this defense (SC, UNC, TCU, Ole Miss, along with Auburn and OK, beginning this year) have very little trouble with the HUNH, but this is not suited for the classic power run game. When this defense is combined with a ball controlling, clock-chewing offense, the HUNH is effectively neutralized, as we have witnessed for the past few Thanksgiving weekends.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

only if Chad had not given up on the run in the 2nd half

Aug 1, 2013, 4:24 PM

The only bad coaching job I have seen him have. Everybody who did well against USuck ran at them, and Ellington and McDowell put up some good numbers in first half. Personally, I don't see Chad making that mistake again! GO TIGERS CALIFORNIA DREAMING ALL IN ALL THE WAY TO PASADENA! Oregon, Ohio State, Alabama, whoever, California here we come!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: only if Chad had not given up on the run in the 2nd half

Aug 1, 2013, 4:33 PM

Give the whole,"Chad abandoned the run" gig a rest. It's literally a terrible excuse. You think the highest paid OC in the country, who will be a headcoach at another school next year, didn't know what he was doing? Please

Aug 1, 2013, 4:34 PM [ in reply to only if Chad had not given up on the run in the 2nd half ]

lmao, the coot game was all on the defense not being able toget off the field and dropping 3 ints

Aug 1, 2013, 4:48 PM

I concur. Clemsons terrible secondary was the reason. Big plays and poor tackling is the reason why.

Aug 1, 2013, 4:50 PM

the secondary will be very good this year.

Re: Re: only if Chad had not given up on the run in the 2nd half

Aug 1, 2013, 8:29 PM

Just out of curiosity, how do you figure? Lose 3 of 4 starters from last year. Sure, return some injured guys, but they're coming off injuries. So it's tough to expect much. Clemson has brought it "talent" at DB for a while but never developed it. I'm waiting for a sign to show me otherwise.

Really? Clemson showed everyone how an offense

Aug 1, 2013, 4:30 PM

that has been around for quite a while now can work? I don't think Bama is scared of anyone, not because they're great (they are) but because the coaches prepare them. I don't see anyone unseating them this year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: HUNH Offense...

Aug 1, 2013, 5:34 PM

It all depends on the game. It will move and change and slow down and speed up. It all comes in cycles.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic