Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson only got Watson bc UGA doesnt like dual threat QBs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Clemson only got Watson bc UGA doesnt like dual threat QBs

Feb 6, 2014, 10:17 AM

Signed, DJ Shockley

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson only got Watson bc UGA doesnt like dual threat QBs

Feb 6, 2014, 11:50 AM

He was a clem commit nearly a year before we camped him and offered in Jan of 2013. He's never played in a pro set and it would have been a mental challenge for him to say the least. He would have been a project for us but was a perfect fit for Morris offense. Chad's offense isn't nearly as tough to comprehend as the pro set.

^^^Dumb*** post of the day^^^***

Feb 6, 2014, 11:52 AM

Wasnt easy for your defense to comprehend was it?***

Feb 6, 2014, 11:54 AM

They didn't want Watson, because in addition to being the

Feb 6, 2014, 1:24 PM

all time passing leader in Georgia, he can run like a deer. We did not steal Kitt from UGA, because he decommitted and we took 7 months after that to get his commitment. We didn't steal Korie Rogers because the top linebacker in the state( debateable) went to Ohio State. Artavis Scott.....I'm not sure what happened there....

Reminds me of several years ago when my daughter

Feb 6, 2014, 1:20 PM [ in reply to ^^^Dumb*** post of the day^^^*** ]

was in high school. SHe had won several beauty pageants, including the talent section ( as a singer ). She tried out for the Glee Club or what ever it was called and did not make it. I called the chorus teacher just to get an answer as to why she was cut. She told me," Your daughter has more of a solo voice, than a choral voice", and she added,"I don't think her voice would blend in with the other students". I said," So, since she sings better than the others, you do not want her?"....no reply.

I bet Superdawg teaches chorus.

Nah - classof09 took that, hands down.***

Feb 6, 2014, 3:01 PM [ in reply to ^^^Dumb*** post of the day^^^*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: ^^^Dumb*** post of the day^^^***

Feb 7, 2014, 10:04 AM [ in reply to ^^^Dumb*** post of the day^^^*** ]

Never seen anyone refer to their own post as the dumb post of the day. Thats funny! :)

Just quit while you're ahead.***

Feb 6, 2014, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson only got Watson bc UGA doesnt like dual threat QBs ]

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Feb 6, 2014, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson only got Watson bc UGA doesnt like dual threat QBs ]

You can't be serious? Pollack said it best on his Twitter yesterday. "You will never hear a coach say man, that 5* just didn't fit our system!" Does the $EC send out a manual every year to all of the fan bases with a chapter of excuses? If your not sure, it's probably between the chapters "Beating your wife 101" and "trailer park etiquette for dummies."

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Concocting that excuse ...

Feb 6, 2014, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson only got Watson bc UGA doesnt like dual threat QBs ]

..would have taxed the mental acumen of ANY Georgia QB.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

welcome back supermutt!***

Feb 6, 2014, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson only got Watson bc UGA doesnt like dual threat QBs ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and I though my bluetick hound was stupid?***

Feb 6, 2014, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson only got Watson bc UGA doesnt like dual threat QBs ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2014, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson only got Watson bc UGA doesnt like dual threat QBs ]

About as bad as coot logic.

Feb 6, 2014, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson only got Watson bc UGA doesnt like dual threat QBs ]

lol the sad thing is he believes this bs.

null

Mental- challenge- UGA..

Feb 6, 2014, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson only got Watson bc UGA doesnt like dual threat QBs ]

Just doesnt read right.

You girls still offer Landscaping as a degree?

That takes mental fortitude right there, cutting grass in a straight line

Feb 6, 2014, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson only got Watson bc UGA doesnt like dual threat QBs ]

Never use "comprehend" or "pro" when referring to UGAY.

Re: Re: Clemson only got Watson bc UGA doesnt like dual threat QBs

Feb 6, 2014, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson only got Watson bc UGA doesnt like dual threat QBs ]

So UGA offered but didn't want him? Sure...logical

Chad offense not hard to understand? okay buddy***

Feb 6, 2014, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson only got Watson bc UGA doesnt like dual threat QBs ]

did i mention our concerns about Watson's weak arm?

Feb 7, 2014, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson only got Watson bc UGA doesnt like dual threat QBs ]

it's probably revealed itself on campus already. go see for yourselves.

Richt tell you about those concerns over morning coffee??

Feb 7, 2014, 9:19 AM

Please, if Watson had committed to UGAy he would have been the second coming of..... Well, of the two best QB's you have to choose from one throws more interceptions than Brett Favre and the other can't win a big game and carries a man purse...

Not surprising he didn't want to go there.

HAHAHA! I'm now convinced you're trolling us

Feb 7, 2014, 9:59 AM [ in reply to did i mention our concerns about Watson's weak arm? ]

You don't post the numbers he did and become a 5 star without arm strength.

Re: did i mention our concerns about Watson's weak arm?

Feb 7, 2014, 10:11 AM [ in reply to did i mention our concerns about Watson's weak arm? ]

You want to talk about weak arms and Aaron Murray has been your QB for the last 4 years? Ha!

Re: did i mention our concerns about Watson's weak arm?

Feb 7, 2014, 1:54 PM [ in reply to did i mention our concerns about Watson's weak arm? ]

Here is the scout profile on him

The epitome of a field general, Watson is one of the few quarterbacks on either the college or the high school level who calls and adjusts plays at the line of scrimmage. Doesn't possess a huge arm, but has more than enough arm with a quick release and good accuracy. Can run if pressed, but definitely a pass first quarterback - Scott Kennedy

Re: Re: did i mention our concerns about Watson's weak arm?

Feb 7, 2014, 2:10 PM

Dude your just trying to find a excuse why you didn't get him. You just posted that he couldn't read a defense that is why he didn't choose a pro style offense. Then you go and post a scouts opinion and it says he is one of the few qb's in high school or college to be able to change plays at the line. Wow!! I thought you change the play to what you read the defense. Your credibility just hit rock bottom!!

Re: Re: did i mention our concerns about Watson's weak arm?

Feb 7, 2014, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: did i mention our concerns about Watson's weak arm? ]

I bet Mitch Hyatt can't play pro style either that's why he didn't choose UGA!! Y'all got gurley and guess what he is still a good rb even though Clemson didn't get him. See the difference between y'all and us?

Feb 7, 2014, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson only got Watson bc UGA doesnt like dual threat QBs ]

You have to actually READ defenses in a pro set

LOL...whatever makes you feel better***

Feb 6, 2014, 11:51 AM

UGA doesn't run a pro style offense....

Feb 6, 2014, 12:23 PM

They run the same style of offense FSU has ran when Brad Scott OC. It's spread, with I formation mixed in.

Handing off to Gurley

Feb 6, 2014, 6:59 PM

Is way too complicated.

Easy now

Feb 6, 2014, 7:02 PM

They occasionally utilize their fullback as well.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic