Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Serious Question re Leggett: for the folks who want
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,362

Serious Question re Leggett: for the folks who want

Apr 8, 2014, 4:26 PM

him fired, what would he have had to have accomplished and how recently to get a pass on the last 4 years (since we went to Omaha in '10)?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This isn't Serious Thursday

Apr 8, 2014, 4:28 PM

HTH that helps

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you , somebody gets it. point!***

Apr 8, 2014, 7:10 PM

Wrong question

Apr 8, 2014, 6:46 PM

I don't want anyone fired - ever. However, the reality is I want what is best for Clemson. Period. Unlike many on Tnet, I'm not married to a coach as I try to look at their performance as objectively (ones perspective certainly impacts perspective) as I can and would never suggest making any coaching decision that is not in Clemson's best interest.

Jack has a lot of supporters and certainly his share of non-supporters but ultimately the decision at the end of the year should be based on performance and the direction/identity of the program. I think Jack is a very good coach, one who will likely have us between 15-30 every year. For some, that is acceptable. For me, I think our program can and should be better. I don't think Jack is an elite coach but clearly has his moments.

There is risk is changing the head guy and it could be worse. That is part of business and life that you have to accept. It's worked out well in football and basketball so maybe it's time to see if baseball can regain its rightful place in the top ten. I'm sure others disagree but most Tiger fans do agree the program is not what it used to be. Is Jack the guy to turn it around or is new blood needed to reach beyond recent years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He is not going to get this program in the top 10. The

Apr 8, 2014, 7:03 PM

man has become complacent. We need someone with a fire in his belly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wrong question

Apr 8, 2014, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Wrong question ]

Excellent summary that I think touches on the thoughts of many of us. I like Jack and don't like calling for heads. However, at some point we have to decide if being good, not great, is all we're capable of being. I don't think it is but we've been mired in it for some time. Getting to Omaha every once in a while isn't enough given the talent we've had and the resources available. So I agree with you. The question is, can Jack make us better than we have been, or have we seen enough to know that he can't.

The lack of any significant accomplishment for the program in a very long time seems to suggest to me that he can't

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: Wrong question

Apr 8, 2014, 8:36 PM

Y'all quit being politically correct!just come out and say it. He's an average coach and will never get us to the next level. It's time to pack your bags and the road jack. Cause the road to Omaha DONT go through Clemson!!

Re: Re: Wrong question

Apr 8, 2014, 9:10 PM

hey look another low post count moron.

null

Re: Serious Question re Leggett: for the folks who want

Apr 8, 2014, 7:39 PM

Same thing I have said for years on here.... Win championships and play good fundamental baseball.

null

I'm close to your stance

Apr 8, 2014, 9:43 PM

A lot more than coaching goes into winning championships. I just want to see us compete at the top level of our conference and compete against the coots. If we do that we have as good of a chance as anybody of winning the whole shooting match. Sadly the past few years we have slipped to the middle of the pack in conference and South Carolina has kicked our butt and took our lunch money.

To not underachieve. The team had the talent to win ACC,

Apr 8, 2014, 9:46 PM

make a CWS appearance, maybe even win the CWS . Yes we had the talent but not the fundamentals. Instead we play regionals at cc, SCU, lose to liberty. Those get coaches fired if I'm the AD because I expect more. I don't see a plan but I at least applaud him on getting bigger athletes. Hitting has been better but the pitching hasn't been what I expected.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,362
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic