Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Women's coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Women's coach

Apr 5, 2012, 4:34 PM

Did the Audra Smith from UAB stuff turn out to be a hoax? It was four days ago and all reports seem to be based on stupid twitter posts. I don't see anything since then.

I don't care much about women's basketball, but this hire is going to set the tone for what we can expect from our new AD. This hire was (potentially is) very discouraging.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Women's coach

Apr 2, 2013, 9:10 AM

Should have given Kevin Pederson a look............

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What he said ^^^***

Apr 2, 2013, 9:35 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Apr 2, 2013, 9:43 AM

Audra Smith isnt exactly tearing it up at UAB. I believe she has a losing record. I dont see why we dont just give some new up and comer a chance (like Pedersen). What does it matter?

Apr 2, 2013, 9:49 AM

because Clemson thinks it's best to have a woman coaching women's bb. We see how that's worked with the last to coaches.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Apr 2, 2013, 10:01 AM

What about Lynn Bria? She has displayed interest in the position.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree completely...

Apr 2, 2013, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Women's coach ]

Hiring what appears to be yet another medicore coach from a medicore program is not what most fans envisioned when Coleman was fried.

Apparently, the Athletic Department's on-going lack of serious interest in womens basketball has carried-over to the DRad era.

If I were a betting man, I'd wager that we will be replacing this coach (assuming she is in fact hired), within the next three of four years as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I agree completely...

Apr 2, 2013, 1:28 PM

what this says to me is that we are going CHEAP,CHEAP,CHEAP! again!!!admin simply refuses to spend the $$$$ to get us competitive!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2013, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Women's coach ]

I don't like the hire at all and now it seems like no one knows whether we have actually even hired her. I had held out hope that we might see a shift into being serious about athletics as a whole under DRad - but this would set the opposite tone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: Women's coach

Apr 2, 2013, 11:12 AM

some of y'all just don't get it. its not just about women being hired. heck we can't even find the right woman. based on these returns if they did hire a man it would be the wrong man as well. they would ignore both Pederson and Green. Barbara Kennedy Dixon is running the show. why are you surprised? smh. stop blaming the wrong people.

I agree that Barbara Kennedy-Dixon is part of the problem...

Apr 2, 2013, 11:23 AM

but ultimately, she works for and reports to DRad. On that basis, yet another poor decision in hiring a women's basketball coach falls squarely on his shoulders.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

i havent heard a peep***

Apr 2, 2013, 1:19 PM

wiki still says she is a Blazer

Apr 2, 2013, 1:19 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audra_Smith

This is a no-win situation for our AD.

Apr 2, 2013, 5:21 PM

If we shell out the money to hire a top coach, people will complain that we are spending too much money on a sport few people care about. If we go for a budget hire, we are being cheap and don't care about winning.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: This is a no-win situation for our AD.

Apr 2, 2013, 5:29 PM

agree somewhat.... but, he makes to right hire and they WIN then if he spent $$$ all will be forgiven!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic