Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Campus Update: Clemson turns Solid Orange Friday into Garnet Friday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Campus Update: Clemson turns Solid Orange Friday into Garnet Friday

Feb 6, 2015, 12:40 PM

Clemson turns Solid Orange Friday into Garnet Friday

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Campus Update: Clemson turns Solid Orange Friday into Garnet Friday

Feb 6, 2015, 12:43 PM

some_text

One word: CLASS

Feb 6, 2015, 12:44 PM

To wear something Garnett, I'd have to own something Garnett

Feb 6, 2015, 12:47 PM

which I don't...and won't.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

No Garnet here but I'm making an attempt with Black and Red***

Feb 6, 2015, 12:56 PM

Ditto

Feb 6, 2015, 1:39 PM [ in reply to To wear something Garnett, I'd have to own something Garnett ]

I will offer prayers for the victims and their families. It was a tragedy that we wouldn't wish on anyone, but it is still solid orange at my house today. Go Tigers!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ditto

Feb 7, 2015, 12:17 AM

Solid Orange!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To wear something Garnett, I'd have to own something Garnett

Feb 7, 2015, 2:47 AM [ in reply to To wear something Garnett, I'd have to own something Garnett ]

Now, there's some class right there. Wow.
Dude. Wear red and black.

A kind gesture but I don't own anything garnet and black....

Feb 6, 2015, 12:53 PM

and no Clemson fan I know does either.

How bout we just pass-out little garnet and black ribbons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

My deepest sympathy for the victims, but I'm not wearing

Feb 6, 2015, 1:43 PM

anything garnet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for them. No need for snarky comments IMO***

Feb 6, 2015, 1:56 PM

Re That's going a tad too far***

Feb 6, 2015, 3:00 PM

Re: Re That's going a tad too far***

Feb 6, 2015, 3:40 PM

Didn't they wear orange in respect for the death of the Clemson student.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2015, 1:15 AM

That's fine, and if that made them feel more respectful of the situation I'm glad that is what They Chose to do. What works for one or a million, it don't always work for everyone. Respect that, I 100% respect the decision you made for yourself. So don't pressure everyone else and trying to make them feel guilty or bad b/c your decision don't feel right for them. I promise you that all gamecocks did not wear orange, and I 100% respect their decision not to choose to wear orange....

Feb 7, 2015, 2:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Re That's going a tad too far*** ]

Yes they did.

Feb 6, 2015, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re That's going a tad too far*** ]

Wrong answer!

Feb 6, 2015, 5:10 PM

It's not going too far. It's utmost respect and class.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2015, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Re That's going a tad too far*** ]

It's not going too far. It's utmost respect and class.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2015, 11:37 AM

That was for the comments made by peanut. I agree its all class. Follow the chain next time.

Feb 6, 2015, 4:29 PM

Tragic event...Pure Class on the part of the Clemson students & faculty!
My prayers go out to those affected...

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Kid of Wilbur said the response was pretty lukewarm

Feb 6, 2015, 4:33 PM

"yeah, there were a few that did"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Feb 6, 2015, 6:05 PM

Gamecock fan wanting to give Tiger Nation props for the class act!!

Like that helps anything or anyone. It's just a social

Feb 6, 2015, 7:06 PM

adventure.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absurd

Feb 6, 2015, 10:07 PM

Tragic loss of life in the midlands but has nothing to do with clothing choices. Or colors. Or schools. Seems weak to me.

Let folks decide on their own how to react to such tragedies.

Life is just a social adventure. What you do, who you are

Feb 7, 2015, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Like that helps anything or anyone. It's just a social ]

is part of the path. This is being supportive - one of the key parts of being in a society.

Bullcr@p

Feb 7, 2015, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Like that helps anything or anyone. It's just a social ]

Next time there's a tragedy in your family, I'm sure you will appreciate all the hugs, cards, words of support, prayers from random people, and other gestures that you receive afterwards. That's exactly what this was. Nobody's stupid enough to believe there's anything more that can be done...we certainly can't un-fire a gun or bring a deceased person back to life. But showing support to one's neighbors and colleagues in times of tragedy is important. And to belittle it is just you being a jack###.

Feb 7, 2015, 12:55 AM

I was admittedly struck sadness and asking myself over, and over, and over why would you take someone elses life b/c yours has come to the kill yourself. That is so selfish and so sad at the same instance. And I am to so sorry that two lives were taken by one b/c all logical thinking had escaped one to the point of no return. Gamecock, UGA, FSU fan who ever their team is, I have never had hate so thick in my heart to wish or want to see another fan that's not a fan to Clemson to die or get killed. Not that it really makes much difference what they were, they didn't in no way shape or form deserve death by the hands of someone that the two of them at one time in their life loved each other. Like I've already said, if life gets to hard for you to cope, don't take somebody else's life b/c you blame them b/c the feeling they once had for you are gone . That is so selfish and so wrong. At least give this a thought, if you do what she did just remember this, you're aren't going to the same place, so you really done nothing that would keep you together. I'm really sorry that this happen with two human beings regardless of their college affiliation, I am sincerely sorry, and my thought and prayers goes out to both their families. I'm 62 right now and I have never dressed in gamecock clothing and I didn't today either. Hate me if that is how important that was for you. But you can't know how I feel by the colors I wear today or any other day. I feel really bad for the couple and their families. But I'm not sorry I didn't wear garnet and black, I shouldn't have to wear my rivals colors that I would have hated wearing, to make strangers to me feel better. I feel bad enough as it is, why would I do something that would have made me feel worst. I'm allorangeallthetime!!!

Have you ever participated in a prayer list?

Feb 7, 2015, 11:43 AM

Then you've participated in something to make strangers feel better. If you're not comfortable wearing USC colors for a day, fine. Everyone has their own thresholds and comfort limits, and I don't begrudge anyone that. All you have to say is "it's not for me", which is more or less what you did.

Feb 7, 2015, 8:55 AM

Prayers for the families of involved. As much as I dislike their sports teams, I hate to hear of a tragedy happening, and especially one like this. How far we have sunk to read more and more about these things!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic