Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Martavis Bryant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Martavis Bryant

Aug 2, 2012, 1:46 AM

Only hauled in 9 balls last season, but with a year under his belt, he now knows the ins and outs of the scheme and has added muscle to his already imposing frame. His blend of size and speed makes him an absolute nightmare for opposing DCs, especially when he's alongside the likes of Sammy, Nuk, and B-Ford. He'll be devouring inexperienced, rattled 3rd CBs like Skittles. NFL scouts will be drooling. Future 1st-round potential, no doubt.

He and Breeland are really going to emerge this year. I'm amped about Peake, as well.

I can already smell the fresh cut grass and hear the pads a poppin'... feels good, man.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree

Aug 2, 2012, 1:51 AM

Bryant has the size speed and ability to be a great reciever, with only nine receptions he had 221 yards and two td's. Breeland will become one of the best DB's in the conference by his jr. year he had that amazing 1 hand INT that really gave us the break we needed in the.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Martavis Bryant

Aug 2, 2012, 2:08 AM

YUP. Check out my earlier post Thoughts on Football (random) long. That was one of my points. Bryants a beast no one knows about.

I've heard

Aug 2, 2012, 7:41 AM

That while he has all the talent to be the best on the team, with his frame, hands, and speed. I've also heard that he is lazy and does not meet expectations as far as training and getting it in. I don't believe he will play much the first game.

Re: I've heard

Aug 2, 2012, 7:48 AM

you must have heard that from an unrational coot fan.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've heard

Aug 2, 2012, 1:50 PM

I think he is a coot fan

That is entirely inaccurate....

Aug 2, 2012, 8:06 AM [ in reply to I've heard ]

This biggest issues that held him back last year were inexperience and fully grasping the offense and the playbook.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this kids attitude, deasire or work ethic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Not according to Chad Morris

Aug 2, 2012, 1:11 PM

who has publicly stated that Bryant needs to step it up and they plan on challenging him HARD in fall practice.

Re: Not according to Chad Morris

Aug 2, 2012, 1:51 PM

Hope the coaches challenge all of them!

Yea but Chad

Aug 2, 2012, 2:59 PM

definitely was laying down a gauntlet for him, in all honesty he's known as not having the best work ethic, so maybe the light will turn on for him like it did for David Thomas and Josh Watson.

He's a beast, I hope they throw it to him......he should

Aug 2, 2012, 7:53 AM

Step up for the auburn game, get that exposure.

Aug 2, 2012, 8:01 AM

In no-way am I trying to be negative in any way
IF the OL can step up and play as a unit and grade out around 85%
IF TB can just relax and have fun, do like KR (Gambler) said know when to hold them, know when to fold, know when to run
This could to an explosive year on O

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm excited for Bryant's season as well.***

Aug 2, 2012, 8:08 AM

Aug 2, 2012, 8:22 AM

Gonna be a lot of back shoulder throws this year. Saw a little of it last year but with everyone worried about getting beat deep, we are just going to hit that 12 yard back shoulder and get first down after first down. Really excited about that.

Re: That is entirely inaccurate....

Aug 2, 2012, 9:38 AM

I watched him in HS. He was lazy off the ball when it wasnt being thrown his way. That was proven on the field and what he was known for. The classroom as well And then from guys I am friends with at Clemson say that it hadnt changed much.

Just WHAT is it???????????

Aug 2, 2012, 10:33 AM

That makes you say negative things about a Tiger Football player. I just don't understand it. I'm guessing you have been deprived of love as a child.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That is entirely inaccurate....

Aug 2, 2012, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: That is entirely inaccurate.... ]

So the truth comes out!!! You lied earlier and now YOU are the one that has the problem with him!!!!

Let me guess: You rode the bench while he played and won all kinds of awards.

He took your girlfriend then gave her back!!!

He made better grades!!!!!

Aug 2, 2012, 9:45 AM

I'm ignoring the bad things said about this guy. He is a threat every time he's on the field. Watching some of his fantastic catches, I know this guy can be a first-round pick someday. If our OLine can allow Boyd time to throw the ball, this guy is going to rack up some serious stats this year. I can't imagine any D trying to cover the numerous threats we have at WR. DC's are going to have some sleepless nights.

Which begs the question: What would you do if you were the DC of any of our opponents to try and defend against all of these guys?

You blitz like crazy to get to Tajh

Aug 2, 2012, 10:16 AM

or yoou drop eight and try to confuse him, though that leaves then vulnerable to the running game. When you can't stop the WR stop the QB that throws to them.

Bring it on. The tunnel screen becomes our friend.

Aug 2, 2012, 12:57 PM

I really think defenses will have to be very good at disguising their coverages.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Bring it on. The tunnel screen becomes our friend.

Aug 2, 2012, 1:19 PM

I agree. But it seems that what DRobins said is exactly how teams beat us. They either blitzed, or dropped 8 in coverage.

We had no answer for it in several games. I want to see more screens, a more sophisticated running game and Tajh's improvement in the zone read.

Tajh MUST be a running threat for this offense to work. Morris was trying to force it last year by calling QB runs, instead of letting Tajh make the read. I'm assuming because Tajh would often give instead of pulling, and would often pull instead of giving.

I think if anyone can look at the game tape and diagnose our problems and fix them, it's Chad Morris. Excited for the season.

I fully expect Sammy to have a sophomore slump, mainly

Aug 2, 2012, 9:49 AM

because he will get so much attn from defenses.

Nuke will tear people up this yr, and Martavious is going to be as much of a deep threat as Sammy.

Sammy will have to play a lot of decoy, I'm afraid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure i agree with that

Aug 2, 2012, 10:17 AM

teams won't have the option of doubling Sammy because of those very reasons that you stated. Nuk, Peake, Bryant, Hopper, etc are too dangerous to leave one on one. They'll most likely blitz all the time to get to Tajh or drop eight and try to blanket most of them

Re: Not sure i agree with that

Aug 2, 2012, 10:24 AM

Bryant Hopper and Peake havent proved anything. They have 16 receptions between them (I think).

Jaron Brown, as last year proved, will be invaluable.1st&10.***

Aug 2, 2012, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Not sure i agree with that ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I fully expect Sammy to have a sophomore slump, mainly

Aug 2, 2012, 1:09 PM [ in reply to I fully expect Sammy to have a sophomore slump, mainly ]

Martavis*

Re: Re: Martavis Bryant

Aug 2, 2012, 10:16 AM

I'm not saying he isn't a good football player. I just know that he doesn't work as hard as the others and it will show. And you guys do have a good set of receivers over here. And they'll have a lot of production if the O can run like the Clem of 8-0

Re: Re: Martavis Bryant

Aug 2, 2012, 10:18 AM

How do you know he doesn't work as hard as others?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

How do

Aug 2, 2012, 10:23 AM

You know that he does?

Re: How do

Aug 2, 2012, 10:24 AM

I don't, but practices are closed and I don't sit in the meetings with the players.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Re: How do

Aug 2, 2012, 12:20 PM

And neither do I.
His potential and talent got him his 4 star ranking, not his work ethic. He's was/lazy. I can only go on what he used to be like, and his production this past year.

Time to ring a neck and feed the Tiger his "Ration(al)s".***

Aug 2, 2012, 12:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sammy Watkins scok?***

Aug 2, 2012, 2:27 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: That is entirely inaccurate....

Aug 2, 2012, 2:54 PM

Lol what are you even talking about? I said he was lazy, not that I didn't like the guy. He's a football player not a criminal. You're prob some fat@ss that had personal experiences with all of those things and are all too familiar with them.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic