Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I love reading these moronic posts that have popped up after
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

I love reading these moronic posts that have popped up after

Mar 2, 2014, 11:18 AM

baseball and football losses all detailing how that particular poster has figured out the one thing we haven't done and need to do to beat USuCk:

- SEC. drinking the kool-aid that they automatically win because of something LSU, Alabama, or Auburn did in past seasons. Nope. Did our bball team win because the ACC is so much better than the SEC in hoops? No--we have a better team.

-Fire_____. My favorite brilliant plan; run off whoever has just lost; It doesn't matter what that coach has or has not accomplished because beating USuCk is apparently the bellwether for success. No reasonable or realistic suggestions on who to hire either--"It's time to make a change..."

-The administration doesn't care about the rivalry any more. Dumb.

- We started losing after we let the Coots talk us into not going to a bowl after the '04 fight and shaking hands the next year--that was a serious post on TigerNet...

- Barker. God forbid the president of the UNIVERSITY tried to focus on the ACADEMIC side of Clemson--which yes, as some of you may not realize is an academic institution. What happens when a school starts to let the athletic side overshadow the collegiate aspect? In it's most extreme form, you get Jerry Sandusky and Penn St. We don't have to turn into a diploma mill to have a successful athletic department.

-We don't recruit enough players from SC and thus they don't care about the rivalry. Idiotic. You think these kids like losing to anyone, regardless of where they're from? You can't have your cake and eat it too--if you want the best talent, you have to go out-of-state oftentimes. Both schools pull in a lot of talent from SC and from elsewhere.

These rivalry games aren't played in a vacuum fellas. Like it or not the Coot teams we've played the last few years are not only the best they've ever fielded but among the best in the country. Brownell is 3-1 vs. USuCk (and for the record, I think the best HC on campus) but he's been able to play against some terrible Coot teams.

No one likes losing to the Coots. But knee-jerk, broken record posts don't get #### done.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen brother***

Mar 2, 2014, 11:21 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love reading these moronic posts that have popped up after

Mar 2, 2014, 11:24 AM

Ace of a post ace. Unfortunately you are preaching to the wrong choir boys. To many clever sportsmen on TN...lol

Mar 2, 2014, 11:25 AM

If they don't get anything done, then why does it bother you Pal? It bothers you that someone expresses their free right to an opinion...Oh I see you are some kind of communist.

http://firejackleggett.blogspot.com/

It bothers me because the mean IQ goes down about 100

Mar 2, 2014, 12:35 PM

points on here after a loss.

Excellent point. Very well said.

Mar 2, 2014, 11:26 AM

For a moment I thought I was the only one not whining and complaining. It's getting ridiculous. Nobody likes to lose, especially to those knuckleheads but come on.

Re: Excellent point. Very well said.

Mar 2, 2014, 11:27 AM

Yeah just accept mediocrity, that's the real Clemson way. I forgot guys. Set a great example. Tomorrow go into your workplace and do a mediocre job. America will be better because of it. GFYM.

Re: Re: Excellent point. Very well said.

Mar 2, 2014, 11:48 AM

Not accepting mediocrity. But it's not okay to wanna fire a coach every time we lose. I hate those guys too. Probably more than you do, and probably more than most on here. But I refuse to whine like a little punk and td everybody who isn't negative today. Sorry but I'm never jumping ship. You go ahead. I was with us, pardon me, I was with Clemson through thick and thin. Good and bad. But some stupid streak won't deter me. I'm wearing orange today and do so proudly.

So I'm gonna hit send now and then return the td, negative nancy.

Re: Re: Excellent point. Very well said.

Mar 2, 2014, 2:49 PM

> Not accepting mediocrity. But it's not okay to wanna
> fire a coach every time we lose. I hate those guys
> too. Probably more than you do, and probably more
> than most on here. But I refuse to whine like a
> little punk and td everybody who isn't negative
> today. Sorry but I'm never jumping ship. You go
> ahead. I was with us, pardon me, I was with Clemson
> through thick and thin. Good and bad. But some stupid
> streak won't deter me. I'm wearing orange today and
> do so proudly.
>
> So I'm gonna hit send now and then return the td,
> negative nancy.

If it makes you feel better, just about every message board at every school wants to "fire" someone after every loss. That and bench whatever kid made a mistake during a game. It's the American way now. Fat old farts sitting behind a keyboard wanting to chop heads. SC fans want to fire Spurrier every time he doesn't make a 4th down or misses out on that last one big recruit. I laugh at them as well.

Dang! Forgot "accepting mediocrity"--my favorite of the

Mar 2, 2014, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Excellent point. Very well said. ]

go-to knee jerk phrases!!

So you're comparing us to Penn State, ridiculous….

Mar 2, 2014, 11:35 AM

Our athletic program has never came close to overshadowing or influencing the academic side of Clemson. And you brought up the same argument Barkertologists use all the time: Clemson athletics vs Clemson academics. Jim Barker started that stuff, not the average Clemson fan. Every Clemson fan prides themselves on how good our players do in the classroom. So since you were referring to my post, I have never suggested Clemson should lower it's academic standards. The only thing I ever stated was that Jim Barker started the whole Clemson academics vs Clemson athletics with the Barkertologists.

Academics and athletics don't have to be at odds with each other. Texas and Florida are great academically and have had much success across multiple sports over the past 10 years. Clemson can do the same thing. And a shameless self promoting school President ain't gonna get away with pitting academics against athletics, he ain't gonna get away with pitting non alum Clemson fans against alum Clemson fans.

Barker never said anything about sacrificing athletics for

Mar 2, 2014, 12:40 PM

academics--that's what T-Net said he was trying to do when the AAC wouldn't let Dwight Jones in (for scoring an 800 on his SATs BTW). Then when he got into UNC everyone was like "see--if he can get into NC he should've come here"--then fast forward a few years and we find out that UNC had (has?) a sham program set up for athletes to stay eligible.

TigerNet drew the line in the sand about athletics vs. academics and blamed Barker because he was leading the charge on the academic side (as the President rightfully should).

I clearly stated Penn St was the extreme end of that spectrum but it's a slippery slope. You think that happened overnight there? Obviously you can have both and I think that's the direction we're heading in. Losing to the Coots doesn't change that.

It's not knee jerk, when they have dominated us in baseball

Mar 2, 2014, 11:38 AM

beating us 22 out of 30 times. It's not knee jerk, when our football team is 2-6 against them since 2006. Are some posters points way off base with what they think the root causes are? Yes. But that doesn't change the fact that Clemson needs to get its act together and start beating the coots.

And saying "Oh, they're just better than us", is a broken record I don't want to ever hear again.

Re: It's not knee jerk, when they have dominated us in baseball

Mar 2, 2014, 11:45 AM

They don't want to address the root cause of why they are better than us. They recruit the state better in both sports and in baseball they are a better coached team than us. Point blank period.

Re: It's not knee jerk, when they have dominated us in baseball

Mar 2, 2014, 11:52 AM

Agree....When is the administration going to wake up about the baseball coach...They are in a bad situation over this with Leggett and he has them over the barrel...they cannot let him go...Too much at risk...

Yeah they recruit in state better in baseball, but not….

Mar 2, 2014, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: It's not knee jerk, when they have dominated us in baseball ]

football. The issues for losing to SCU in football is different than the issues in losing to them in baseball. In football it hasn't been a talent issue. Also, in football two of the losses fall on the shoulders on two fired coordinators. The other 3 losses have came as a result of poor execution. Bottom line for the football team is they need to come out and play focused, and they will beat the coots.

The issues run deeper in baseball. The baseball team is still good now, but we are no longer an elite team. We bring in good players, but we are not bringing in the excellent players we used to bring in. As time goes on, it becomes more obvious that Leggett needs to retire. He has been a great coach for us, but with the diminishing returns and the mounting losses to the coots his legacy will be tarnished at this rate.

Yeah you're exactly right..***

Mar 2, 2014, 11:55 AM

You mean like how because they all play on the Blowfish?

Mar 2, 2014, 3:13 PM [ in reply to It's not knee jerk, when they have dominated us in baseball ]

Is that a good example of being"way off base with what they think the root causes are?

Mar 2, 2014, 11:51 AM

good post but we have to have moronic posts about something here. if it isnt that it is something else. Considering the clientele it isnt like you're going to get Pulitzer Prize concepts. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plenty of pullet surprises though***

Mar 2, 2014, 12:38 PM

Morons Rule

Mar 2, 2014, 1:01 PM

Good thing the non morons don't influence decisions at Clemson, otherwise we would still have Ken Hatfield coaching football. Competition is supposed to make you better, it has revealed weakness in our baseball program. I feel differently about football, I think we are getting better there and it all has to do with new coach leading us there. If we want an elite program it starts with the coach, period. Having played there it matters to me more than your fair weather fan.

Best post in months...

Mar 2, 2014, 1:08 PM

one of the best i've ever read on T-Net. Spot on, man. Agree from top to bottom.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you think it's only about the last 2 games? You're wrong.***

Mar 2, 2014, 2:10 PM

Mar 31, 2022, 10:15 AM

You like losing to the coots...because you are a Coot...you're fooling no one ..

You tell 'em coot!

Mar 2, 2014, 2:56 PM

We've been getting worse for the last three years and haven't won a significant trophy since 2006. Jack Leggett needs to try another school because he has lost his mojo and welcome here.

Mar 2, 2014, 3:22 PM

AGREE 100% !!!

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic