Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, should we all prepare for the excuses come September 1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 4,039

So, should we all prepare for the excuses come September 1

Jun 22, 2013, 12:16 PM

like UGA didn't really want to be there, or UGA was looking ahead to USuC?

Hope they keep saying that when they're watching us in Pasadena...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, should we all prepare for the excuses come September 1

Jun 22, 2013, 12:33 PM

"Clemson's defense looks like the Clemson defense of the 80's."

I want Murry and his backfield buddies to have nightmares featuring orange helmets in their chest driving them into helll to the sound of their mother's crying for them.

I want their secondary to wake up shaking from flashes of Orange painted in their memories or our WR's blowing by them.

I want their Dline's eyes to be swollen with the stars still dancing in their heads and the shame of being publicly displayed in tutus.

Then I want them to beat USCe and everybody else on their schedule like a rented mule and put them out of contention for the BCSNC game.

Then I'll give the sports media a little respect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, but our current D is nothing like our 80's defenses..

Jun 22, 2013, 1:45 PM

Improving..yes, but a long way to go to be compared to some excellent defenses in our hey day.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one in their right mind would think that.

Jun 22, 2013, 5:18 PM

People forget how great those defenses were.

Did he or did he not say "I want"?***

Jun 22, 2013, 7:35 PM [ in reply to Sorry, but our current D is nothing like our 80's defenses.. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

very true, but our "o" is better,imo. not talent per se, but

Jun 23, 2013, 7:18 AM [ in reply to Sorry, but our current D is nothing like our 80's defenses.. ]

scheme. if ty dye gives morris that bigger back he's been wanting, and kelly or another qb (i'll count commits when we get their loi), gives us a true dual threat qb ( boyd can get you a few yards, but i don't see him taking it 20+ consistently), this o will really light it up.

I just don't want to be MAKING excuses come September 1 ...

Jun 22, 2013, 1:14 PM

For once in recent history, I'd like a highly-rated Clemson team to meet ... and even exceed everyone's expectations.

Do THAT a couple of times and watch the media pull hamstrings running to jump on the Tiger bandwagon.

A large proportion of the national media wants very badly to see Clemson succeed. Year after year, they prove it by giving us pre-season props, and most years, we make them look foolish.

Media types don't like to be made to look stupid. They want to appear brilliant.

Maybe this is the year we finally prove that we're a program equal to the task.

GO TIGERS ... win'em all!!!!

If we beat UGAy, which I fully exect, and don't slip up

Jun 22, 2013, 1:41 PM

along the way, the FSU match up will be epic. Go 7-0 and we'll have Pasadena in our sights.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I just hope some Clemson fans are not on here blaming...

Jun 22, 2013, 1:43 PM

refs, etc. This is gonna be a very tough game to win, so I would be careful talking about "who" will be making excuses.

"KBdawg" or "KBcoot"?????***

Jun 22, 2013, 4:06 PM

No.

Jun 22, 2013, 1:47 PM

You should start preparing your own excuses. From what I've seen around these part there are a lot of folks setting themselves up for disappointment with all the "double digit at least" talk.

Re: You had better worry about Carolina***

Jun 22, 2013, 1:54 PM

Worried about both.

Jun 22, 2013, 1:57 PM

Uscjr means more as a conference game but uga could easily lose both.

Re: I don't believe I mentioned UscJr.***

Jun 22, 2013, 2:02 PM

Any Clemson fan who says this will be easy is delusional

Jun 22, 2013, 4:02 PM [ in reply to No. ]

If we win, it will definitely be a hard fought one. Georgia is an EXTREMELY good team (as of right now, the best team we have scheduled next year). We can't afford to take them lightly.

That being said, Clemson beating another one of the "SEC powers" like Georgia I think would spawn excuses like those we saw in the first post. People said it about LSU when Clemson beat them, and they said it about Florida when they lost to Louisville. The way the media worships the SEC is sickening, and even when their precious SEC powers fall to powers from "cupcake" conferences they just can't take it and have to find a reason other than the fact that, just maybe, Louisville/Clemson was the better team to begin with.

No "maybe" - Clemson and Louisville both are the better

Jun 22, 2013, 4:09 PM

teams - GO TIGERS ALL IN ALL THE WAY TO PASADENA!

It will be a tough hard fought game

Jun 22, 2013, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Any Clemson fan who says this will be easy is delusional ]

Anyone who says they know who will win is fooling themselves. This one could go either way.

Re: Any Clemson fan who says this will be easy is delusional

Jun 22, 2013, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Any Clemson fan who says this will be easy is delusional ]

When you lose to SC at home without some of their players in a game you want to win with no excuses, it makes it hard to see how beating an LSU team that might not have cared as much about being there more than a fluke like a lot of bowl games are. 1 example of a fluke bowl game would be Clemson in the Orange bowl.

Are you saying that is WAS a fluke?

Jun 22, 2013, 7:34 PM

If you really want to talk about a team without some of their players, Clemson was missing 2 of their best WRs, their starting RT, one of their backup offensive linemen, and about half of their secondary (plus Boyd was getting banged up pretty bad so we can't even be sure he was technically 100% by the end of the game). Even with that, Clemson still dominated every stat in that game except for kickoff return yards and turnovers. And don't give me that "they didn't want to be there crap," if you are truly a championship in a "championship conference," then you should play every game like you are in the national championship. Isn't that what Nick Saban, the man every SEC school seems to worship, preaches anyway? Why can't we just say that LSU was simply outplayed? Heck, their players were limping off of the field one by one by the end of the game! The more physical just got out physical'd! The same goes for Florida and Louisville. I don't care if LSU/Florida wanted to be in the MNC, they should still come out and play their hardest no matter what. Anything less is just bad coaching. If Clemson went 13-0 next year, but still didn't end up in the title game, Dabo best still get those boys to play their absolute best in the Orange Bowl or whatever it is. If he doesn't, he doesn't deserve his job.

Plus, I hate when SC fans bring up the fact that there were missing a few players on offense. South Carolina is a darn good team with a lot of depth. Missing a few players shouldn't matter anyway, especially since they were on offense (the side of the ball that isn't their strength anyway). They had learned to live without Lattimore anyway, and everyone knows that Thompson is a better passer than Shaw. Not to mention, Shaw could have played if needed to, but Spurrier decided to use his passer because he knew we were thin in our secondary. He used our injuries against us, so we couldn't get our offense back on the field when Clowney and co were able to start getting the upperhand later on. It was a smart strategey. I would call it dirty, but that's just how the game's played I guess.

Jun 23, 2013, 1:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Any Clemson fan who says this will be easy is delusional ]

What are you even saying? You clearly haven't played organized sports if you think teams show up not caring if they win or not. You play to win games, if you show up you should be wanting to be there and expecting to win, and the "LSU didn't want to be there" excuse is a lazy one thought up by people who refuse to look at reality.

Jun 23, 2013, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Any Clemson fan who says this will be easy is delusional ]

Coot!

That would be ME. Clemson by at least 10... no change.***

Jun 23, 2013, 1:08 AM [ in reply to No. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No.

Jun 23, 2013, 1:20 AM [ in reply to No. ]

Thanks for your opinion. In case you didn't notice, nobody asked for it. You are free to share it at any of the Gamecock websites, you guys can go have a good chuckle while you're preparing to "beatdown" North Carolina. That "beatdown" may not come though.

JawJa will be bringing their SEC henchmen

Jun 22, 2013, 4:42 PM

..... aka the refs to the the valley. I fully expect their henchmen to try and slow down our offensive pace.

If you don't... You're fooling yourself. SEC coaches already crying about it all over the place

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: JawJa will be bringing their SEC henchmen

Jun 22, 2013, 11:32 PM

Georgia will bring a great rushing team to Death Valley. If we cannot stop that they will open up the passing game...This will be a hard fought game that will determine a lot of what will happen the rest of the season for both teams.....

I fully expect us to have a good running game this year

Jun 23, 2013, 12:41 PM

The offensive line should be the best we've seen in two and a half decades.....if not ever.... here at CU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Re: Any Clemson fan who says this will be easy is delusional

Jun 23, 2013, 3:29 AM

Oh there are always the " cop outs" who make excuses as to why a favored team loses a game to a percieved underdog. The truth isnt that they wouldnt look at reality , it is that they refuse to accept it after it was revealed. Clemson physically outperformed the LSU Tigers , I was there and saw this happen. This Dabo/Chad Morris/B V team is going to be physical and wear down opponents , offensively and defensively.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 23, 2013, 7:57 PM

UGA will bring the best offense CU will see this year by far. They have the whole package on offense, everything!

And for the guy saying Shaw could have played, yes maybe but nowhere near 100%. That's why he had surgery in the off season. It was no excuse and Thompson would have started if he were capable.

Jun 23, 2013, 7:58 PM

Shaw would have started.

Jun 23, 2013, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: Any Clemson fan who says this will be easy is delusional ]

I guess you could say that Clemson physically outperformed LSU. I wouldn't say yall wore them down but yall surely outwitted the moronic LSU offensive coordinator. When LSU tightened their splits up and decided to run downhill, I dont think yall had an answer for that. However when they widened their splits, or went playaction, the speed and agility of your defensive line certainly physically beat LSU. Over and over. To me that was the difference between the LSU and USCjr game for yall. Spurrier threw out of the shotgun with a mobile QB. He could see the penetration and manage to avoid the 1st rusher. LSU tried to playaction with a statue as a QB and got ate up all night. I'll be curious to see if Bobo sticks with our tendency to playaction off the run.

Only thing I'd disagree with is the wearing down of LSU's D

Jun 23, 2013, 8:28 PM

The plethora of cramps late in the 4th is an indication that these guys were not physically capable of playing 100 snaps.

Either that, or it was a great acting job by those guys to catch a breather...either way, it would be an indication that they were indeed getting worn down...

Re: Only thing I'd disagree with is the wearing down of LSU's D

Jun 23, 2013, 8:41 PM

True. I do remember a lot of LSU players going down later in the game. And yall are pretty quick. At 2.45 plays per minute yall are the 20th fastest team in the NCAA over the last 4 years. But I really do believe poor playcalling by LSU helped yall get to 100 snaps. Had LSU adjusted to yall's pressure, ran the ball more they would have had less 3 and outs and cut down on yalls TOP. But they didn't. Chavis is a pretty good caoch but a lot of the LSU staff is pretty dimwitted, from the top down.

LSU's leg cramps were dictated from the sideline.

Jun 23, 2013, 9:11 PM

re-watch the game and you will see the ONLY time the leg cramps occurred was when the clock was stopped. Everyone was fine while the clock was running

The ONLY time they had a "leg cramp" when the clock was running was when we were in field goal range and they needed the clock stopped.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU's leg cramps were dictated from the sideline.

Jun 23, 2013, 9:41 PM

Well now I'm confused. Did yall wear LSU down and the leg cramps were real? Or were the leg cramps fake and only used to screw with Clemson? Thus indicating yall really didn't wear LSU down.

Possibly both...but I do remember Mingo and maybe one or two

Jun 24, 2013, 1:01 AM

others getting 'cramps' or something of that nature before our game winning drive. It's late and I refuse to watch all of the fourth to look for examples but help yourself...it is quite entertaining if I may say so myself.

Re: No.

Jun 23, 2013, 3:37 AM

Whatever you say #### licker!!!

Replies: 35
| visibility 4,039
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic