Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rate the Clemson position groups from 1 - 6
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Rate the Clemson position groups from 1 - 6

Jun 29, 2017, 4:09 PM

based on ability, experience, production and depth. My take:

1. Defensive Line - Incredible starting 4, good depth starting with with Huggy and Pickney
3. Offensive Line - Crowder and Hyatt lead a veteran group. 8 or 9 guys that can start.
3. Receivers - Renfrow, Cain and McCloud will be challenged by the youngsters. Talented group, but unproven. Dark Horse - Tee Higgins
4. Secondary - Experienced starters, talented depth. Can Terrell and Williams contribute?
5. Line Backers - Kendall Joseph, Tre Lamar and Dorian O'Daniel. Depth with Shaq and Chad Smith.
6. Offensive Backfield - The talent is there, the experience and production are lacking.

What's your take?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Re: Rate the Clemson position groups from 1 - 6

Jun 29, 2017, 4:23 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2017, 4:25 PM

1a.DL
1b.WR
1c.OL
1d.LB
1e.DB's
1f.QB/RB

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Jun 29, 2017, 4:25 PM

#1 - Defensive line- Wilkins and Lawrence tandem is nasty, Ferrell & Bryant should hold it down on the end, with Pinckney & Huggins backing up the DL they have solid depth. Will be interesting to see if Williams or Foster will crack the 2 deep.

#2- Oline Young & TALENTED - Hyatt of course is the headliner but guys like Anchrum, Green, Simpson, Cervanka, & Pollard will be guys to watch in the future.

#3- Gotta go LB here again young and talented will be a consistent theme. Tre, Shaq, and O'daniel will dominate the tackle numbers and expect to have alot of HITS this season those 3 are head hunters.

#4- WR McCloud, Renfrow, and Cain will return but the new blood is where the fun is!

#5- DB Mullen, and Terrell are the DB's of the future its just a matter of who fills in for Jadar, have to say im worried about Muse getting his eyes caugth in the back field and getting exposed over the top. Muse isnt exactly a top end speed guy who can make up his eye mistakes with pure speed to recover.

#6- RB Need as many healthy horses as we can get, I figured Fuller will be the ground in pound guy with hopes that #28 can be the speed back and show more consistent runs this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2017, 4:36 PM

U must of meant Smith because Muse has legit speed.

Jun 29, 2017, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Rate the Clemson position groups from 1 - 6 ]

Muse ran a 4.37

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jun 29, 2017, 4:45 PM

well, he did leave out QB and said "ground in pound"

So I don't expect much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

As others have said, Muse is legit fast. Don't be fooled by

Jun 29, 2017, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Rate the Clemson position groups from 1 - 6 ]

by his ethnicity. Think about him being more like TJ Green back there: Physical and Fast.

I just hope doesn't make all the mistakes Green did. If he has anywhere close to Jadar's discipline and awareness, we'll have a stud back there.

Muse is the 3rd fastest guy on the team. Even if I wasn't

Jun 29, 2017, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Rate the Clemson position groups from 1 - 6 ]

told that by Dabo, all I had to do was see it with my own eyes when he ran that pick back for six. Dude was flyin'

Jun 29, 2017, 11:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Rate the Clemson position groups from 1 - 6 ]

DL
OL
LB
WR
DB
RB

Hadn't seen Hearn's name mentioned yet, he's a beast.

Jun 29, 2017, 5:46 PM

#1 Dline
Ask me about everything else in about 3 months. I do think we will be solid across the board though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2017, 6:31 PM

1 DL
2 WR
3 LB
4 OL
5 DB
6 QB
7 RB

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. BEST IN THE NATION!

QB is very talented. Experience lacking. I believe they are the dark horse. Could move from 6 to 4.

RB is good talent but not great! Choice and Fuller need to prove me wrong. Feaster needs to show out. ET is going to be great. ESPN said he is the next Spiller. Hope he shows we do not need a speed guy but a bruiser like Harold Joiner. But Rencher maybe fill the slot. With Fuller and Choice being juniors, I believe we need to take great one not less than a top 10 rb.

5* leading the first 4 positions. DB has more experience than qb group.

Did I say DEFENSE wins us another NC!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2017, 7:24 PM

1. DL. Nothing to say.
2. LB. More talent on the field than last year and big ol athletes on the 2nd team.
3. OL. Another year of maturity for the young nasties. Fruhmorgen would have moved this to 2...
4. WR. Talent galore but t have to prove consistency.
5. TE. Good for 3 deep
6. DB. Young talent that will move up 2 spots in the list by mid season.

Jun 29, 2017, 11:02 PM

DL
WR
OL
LB
DB
ST
OB

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2017, 11:09 PM

Dl
Wr
Lb
Ol
2nd
Ob

Jun 29, 2017, 11:11 PM

Ol before lb...oops

Jun 30, 2017, 8:58 AM

Besides the Defensive line, each group has it's question marks and any of them could end up being the shining star of the team.
LB - Will the 5 star talent progress to All Conference players?
WR - Whose going to step up and replace Mike Williams production from last year?
RB - Can Feaster break through this year?
QB - Can Kelly Bryant make the throws? Will Hunter Johnson be the starter? If not right away when?
DB - Will 5 star AJ Terrell contribute this year? Are 4 stars Mark Fields and Trayvon Mullen ready to step up?
OL - Consistency at center is all I can come up with. I think they're solid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic