Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Random Poll for Clemson Grads
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

Random Poll for Clemson Grads

Jun 12, 2015, 9:09 AM

* Do you have your Clemson ring?
* Do you wear it?
* What's the most furthest/most unusual location/place where you've worn it and had someone recognize it?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Random Poll for Clemson Grads

Jun 12, 2015, 9:13 AM

Yes I wear mine.

I see them and have had mine spotted. I have traveled to 47 states and 10 countries and I guess the most distant location was in the Salt Lake City airport by a guy, and I don't remember what year he graduated. I was in 1992 and he was a few years earlier and not in engineering so I did know him from campus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2015, 9:13 AM

i wear it everyday at work. im in the hotel business in charleston and when i am at the front desk, people ask me about it all the time and we actually have Clemson faculty come through and see it and we start talking like we're old friends. its pretty awesome.

Jun 12, 2015, 9:14 AM

1. No
2. No
3. Nowhere

^^ not much of a "Clemson Grad." ***

Jun 12, 2015, 9:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

or poster . . . .

Jun 12, 2015, 11:06 AM

Just sayin' . . . .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

87% pulse says HOWDY DOO!!!***

Jun 12, 2015, 11:35 AM

Don't worry, we can fix that***

Jun 12, 2015, 11:43 AM

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Re: Don't worry, we can fix that***

Jun 12, 2015, 11:46 AM

^^^COOT^^^***

Jun 12, 2015, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Random Poll for Clemson Grads ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jun 12, 2015, 9:15 AM

Yes
Yes
On my honey moon in Grenada. An older gentleman from North Carolina.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 12, 2015, 9:31 AM

Yes
Yes
Frankfurt, Germany

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^LOOK AT ME -- I TRAVEL ALL OVER THE WORLD***

Jun 12, 2015, 11:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

What do you think he was traveling fer?***

Jun 12, 2015, 11:14 AM

you axe a lot of questions...

Jun 12, 2015, 11:16 AM

you with the interpols?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you axe a lot of questions...

Move along, sir

I NOE MY RITES!!!!!!!! [shakes fist]...

Jun 12, 2015, 11:25 AM

still moving...

Typical American pig

Jun 12, 2015, 11:30 AM

thinking he has rights in Europe

*Scoffs in French*

german wood be your first language

Jun 12, 2015, 11:47 AM

if not for the red, white & blue... frenchie.

pig of the tshirt she brought you or it did knot happen...***

Jun 12, 2015, 11:15 AM [ in reply to ^^^LOOK AT ME -- I TRAVEL ALL OVER THE WORLD*** ]

Do they make them in bob's size?***

huh? bob probably ties it at the waist...***

Jun 12, 2015, 11:23 AM

Some of us like to see more of the world than just

Jun 12, 2015, 11:32 AM [ in reply to ^^^LOOK AT ME -- I TRAVEL ALL OVER THE WORLD*** ]

crappy amusement parks in Myrtle Beach bob.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^ RAG in full-force today***

Jun 12, 2015, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Random Poll for Clemson Grads ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jun 12, 2015, 9:35 AM

*Yes
*Everyday - I would feel naked without it and pretty much all the Clemson grads I know wear theirs everyday. In Birmingham, you can spot one a mile away - Auburn and Alabama grads rarely have/wear class rings.
*Louisville - the bartender at the Oak Room. She was awesome and could also guest what cities me and my friends were from by our accents.

Jun 12, 2015, 9:36 AM

Yes
Yes
Portland Oregon

Jun 12, 2015, 9:38 AM

Yes
Wear it only special occasions
Columbia, SC. Ahahaha.

Jun 12, 2015, 9:41 AM

Yes

Yes

Houston

Jun 12, 2015, 9:42 AM

Yes
No
I recognized another guy with one in Monterrey, Mexico airport. I saw him again at a game the next season.

I only wear my wedding ring, but on dress up occasions and on Football Fridays I usually wear my '91 ACC championship ring (track)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2015, 9:53 AM

I have had my Clemson ring since my parents gave it to me my Senior Year at Clemson ('84). I wear it 24/7/365 along with my wedding ring. I was at a beach bar in Riviera Maya, Mexico this past spring and met a 2010 graduate (noticed his ring).

Wear it almost every day

Jun 12, 2015, 9:57 AM

I usually don't take it with me when I travel long distances though because I'm worried I'll lose it.

Jun 12, 2015, 10:01 AM

Yes.
Everyday.
In a Brauhaus in Stuttgart, Germany 3 months ago...

No..no..nowhere. ..***

Jun 12, 2015, 10:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jun 12, 2015, 10:15 AM

Playa del Carmen, Mexico. A kid walked up to me and asked me if it was a Clemson ring. He was celebrating his high school graduation and was supposed to start at Clemson in the fall.

Yes, yes. Kuala Lumpur***

Jun 12, 2015, 10:21 AM

Jun 12, 2015, 10:26 AM

No.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do....

Jun 12, 2015, 10:27 AM

but I don't wear it as much now-a-days.

For years I wore my Grandfathers 1924 Clemson ring which was given to me as a graduation gift by my Grandmother when I graduated in 1985, and it remains the best gift I have ever received.

When my grandfathers ring really started to show its age, I stopped wearing it, at which point my Clemson ring no longer fit and I simply haven't made the time to get it resized.

I've had people stop me in Italy, London, France, Hawaii and on top of the Empire State Building because they recognized the Clemson ring.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Cool story. I have a copy of the 1927 Taps. Love looking

Jun 12, 2015, 6:46 PM

through it. Would love to walk around THAT campus.

null

Jun 12, 2015, 10:29 AM

-Yes I have a ring and I consider it one of my most prized possessions
-Yes I wear it all the time except when I take it off and put it in my pocket while doing something that could damage it. When I can't find my ring I get in a panic!
-I honestly can't remember the farthest location but I travel a lot and it gets noticed a lot.

im looking forward to getting mine next year.

Jun 12, 2015, 10:37 AM

2016 MBA program

And yes I expect to wear it all the time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2015, 10:39 AM

* Do you have your Clemson ring? Yes

* Do you wear it?I proudly wear it every day.

* What's the most furthest/most unusual location/place where you've worn it and had someone recognize it? Mine has been noticed and I have noticed others in many places. Mine has been noticed by another graduate who also had a ring in many states (California was the most distant one), London and in Brisbane and Gold Coast Australia. It was noticed in Dalby, Australia by the hotel owner who asked me about it and was very interested as I told him about CU and the ring.

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

Jun 12, 2015, 10:49 AM

1) Yes
2) Sometimes, I can't wear it at work. It's a safety violation
3) Milledgeville, GA in Amici's. Struck up a great conversation while drinking a few brews.

Jun 12, 2015, 11:02 AM

no
no
jewelry is for women.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2015, 11:04 AM

I don't have mine, but I have my fathers. I kinda like it more. He graduated from Clemson College and for some reason I like that name better. I don't wear it because it doesn't fit.

Jun 12, 2015, 11:12 AM

Yes

Yes - - all the time - except when eating messy food. Take it off & sit it on the table. Would never leave it behind because 1. it feels beyond strange when I don't have it on and 2. I look at it while I am eating - worried I will leave it behind !

I have my Dad's '51 ring as well - two of my most treasured possessions - probably my most treasured possessions.

Have had conversations about it all over the world - recognized in tons of places.

It is an INCREDIBLE family we are a part of . . . wouldn't trade it for anything.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Jun 12, 2015, 11:15 AM

1. Yes
2. On occasions - church, meetings, weddings, etc. - but not day-to-day.
3. Alabama.

However, I was in Waterford, Ireland wearing a Clemson shirt and someone with an Irish brogue shouted, "Go Tigers!" He had been a student at Georgia Southern. Also, on the same trip, we were at Blarney Castle and another guy yelled, "Hey, Clemson!". He was an FSU foreign-exchange student. He insisted we take a picture with him. Also, while walking the Royal Mile in Edinburgh, Scotland, we ran into some Clemson student studying abroad.

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jun 12, 2015, 11:37 AM

Yes
No
N/A

I'm not a big jewelry wearer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jun 12, 2015, 11:51 AM

Yes, yes every day '80, Boston

Jun 12, 2015, 12:13 PM

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Kona Kilauea, Hawaii

Jun 12, 2015, 12:23 PM

1. Yes
2. Rarely...only because I need to get it sized up and it hurts if I wear it too long
3. On my honeymoon in Cancun

And it was because it was the only thing you were wearing at

Jun 12, 2015, 6:10 PM

the clothing-optional resort where you honeymooned ?

( Just trying to spice it up a bit . . . )

Jun 12, 2015, 1:14 PM

Yes
Yes
Retired AF, have it noticed and commented on pretty regularly at most of my assignments (incl NM) and TDY all around the country.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wear it almost everyday. Tokyo - had a guy recognize

Jun 12, 2015, 1:30 PM

it in the airport. Pretty cool. We talked sports for a bit

Huntsville, AL at the Marshall Space and Rocket Center

Jun 12, 2015, 2:04 PM

Yes, but it needs to be resized (or I need to be less fat), so I don't wear it very often.

Huntsville, AL at the Marshall Space and Rocket Center when an elderly Clemson grad spoke to me. He was volunteering at the center and we spoke at length of the AFROTC program at school.

have it and wear it always.***

Jun 12, 2015, 2:36 PM

Jun 12, 2015, 4:25 PM

Yes I wear mine daily.

I was in Tel Aviv when someone on our tour recognized it and told me he was also a grad from '56! Small world. Go Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. Every single day. I think California.***

Jun 12, 2015, 4:37 PM

i did until some awhole stole it out of my gym locker

Jun 12, 2015, 4:51 PM

What a POS. Had to have seen me put it in there and pryed it open. No cameras either.

Jun 12, 2015, 4:51 PM

Yes.

Rarely. Needs resizing. I also work with my hands all the time and don't want to damage it.

I can't remember the last time I wore it. Think I'll dust it off this fall for a foosball game.

~JKB

Jun 12, 2015, 6:34 PM

Yes
Yes
Michigan...I live in SC

Yes. Yes. LA***

Jun 12, 2015, 6:47 PM

null