Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rahsaan Gary had he chosen to wear the Paw!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Rahsaan Gary had he chosen to wear the Paw!

Oct 5, 2017, 6:17 AM

Everyone wanted him. I was so disappointed when he chose to go to Michigan. We have a front 4 of Bryant, Lawrence, Wilkins, and Ferrell. I have to get everyone’s opinions on this. If Gary had come to Clemson would Wilkins be playing DE and middle be played by Lawrence and Gary? Under that scenario we would be missing out on the great play of either Bryant or Ferrell. Now if we were just seeing a rotation of Wilkins, Lawrence, Gary, and Huggins you’d probably be very hard pressed to find a better 2 deep rotation. I do realize this is irrelevant seeing the success we have, but I thought about it and wanted everyone’s thoughts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rahsaan Gary had he chosen to wear the Paw!

Oct 5, 2017, 6:21 AM

Reminds me of loosing Nkemdiche. We ended up with great players and won championships without him. Their loss.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2017, 6:25 AM

Who cares. If you're going to daydream at least focus on potential future recruits

Oct 5, 2017, 6:29 AM

Not daydreaming about having him. For some reason I thought about him the other day while looking back at that class and I looked him up to see his defensive stats for the year. I haven’t watched him play, but his stays do not reflect dominance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2017, 6:43 AM

Gary will be fine. I've watched him play in a few games, and he is as advertised. Yes - he chose someone else for his path to the NFL. He will play in the NFL, so for him, it probably does not matter how he gets there. The only difference is he won't ever have a Natty ring. His loss if that matters to him. Oh yeah - his coach won't teach him good life lessons, so that is a bigger loss IMO.

Oct 5, 2017, 6:48 AM

Not to mention how his decision benefited his family. ;) I think on signing day, during his announcement, you could see he was NOT a happy camper. I believe he wanted Clemson, mom or dad wanted Michigan. I'm just theorizing here, but just like Tony Steward's mom, returning that check would have been hard. And no, this isn't one of those "well, we didn't get him so he must have been paid" posts. But this one looked a little suspicious.

Message was edited by: fencebusters®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2017, 7:07 AM

I have no ill will towards Gary - kid chose to go to a place that best suited all in involved (he and his family) and by all means seems to be doing extremely well in the Michigan defense. He is really talented and will be in the NFL someday...

Now to the question at hand... No real way of knowing what would have happened if Gary had come to Clemson. IMO, Gary would not start ahead of Wilkins or Lawrence. Wilkins has a motor and gear that Gary just does not have. If you watch Wilkins play - that guy will start off a play in the offense's backfield and end the play making a tackle in the secondary. He is all over the field and has an uncanny speed and agility that you just don't normally see in a 300(+) pound defensive lineman. As for big Dex - I think big Dex is better than Gary and we were lucky to get Lawrence. It seems to me that Lawrence played a lot more and made a bigger impact his Freshman year than Gary did. I could easily see Gary sharing snaps in a rotation with Wilkins and Lawrence to keep all those guys fresh, but I don't believe Gary would supplant any of our starting front 4...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2017, 7:30 AM

Not worth mentioning a name of someone that didn't choose CLEMSON....NEW RECRUIT SPECULATION IS BEST...

Thankfully Dabo and company are able to move on

Oct 5, 2017, 4:29 PM

better than fans. Hard for some to truly enjoy these times in Tigertown.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not so sure Gary starts ahead of Wilkins or Dex***

Oct 5, 2017, 7:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I never worry about what I don't got!

Oct 5, 2017, 8:01 AM

I work with what is at hand, which in our case, is pretty d-mn good!

Oct 5, 2017, 8:12 AM

We only want kids here that want to be here. If he chooses to go somewhere else, then good for him. If he doesn't want to be here , his attitude will pass onto other players and affect team chemistry. So good luck and best wishes to him and as my grandfather used to say,"Don't let the door hit you on your way out, Mr. Gary."

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Oct 5, 2017, 9:00 AM

Gary is playing Defensive End at Michigan, so the issue of starting over Wilkins/Lawrence doesn't matter. I don't think he'd be starting over either defensive end this year. As for last year, even if he did end up at tackle, he wouldn't have started over Carlos Watkins, either.

Oct 5, 2017, 11:16 AM

I believe he would have been a DE last year because of Bryant's injury. He probably would have split time with Wilkins, and Wilkins would have seen more snaps at DT last year. He's a future top 10 pick, so I imagine he would start over Bryant, which sounds crazy. Would love to have him though, because Clemson is thin at DE right now.

Oct 5, 2017, 4:12 PM

Isn't it nice to be deep enough that we're still fine?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Oct 5, 2017, 4:42 PM

His loss. He can play for the loser harlot...baugh...whatever

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

I think BraveTiger wants to get an apartment w Gary &

Oct 5, 2017, 5:35 PM

Share a small stack of gluten free wheat pancakes w him

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic