Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RV parking pass
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

RV parking pass

Apr 20, 2015, 10:13 PM

Hey everybody,
I'm a 2005 alumnus, now working as an MD in Portland, OR. I have recruited some fans out here, we are planning to make a glorious return to death valley for the Notre Dame game on October 3 this year. Given the price of hotels, we will be renting a RV. What's the story on parking one of these things? Are people selling RV parking passes that we could buy? I greatly appreciate any advice as I haven't done this before. Go Tigers!
Dan

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hey DOc..pointed you so to get your pulse to 100%...

Apr 20, 2015, 10:47 PM

Plus I use to RV many years ago below baseball field & football indoor practice facility which was total fun from Friday afternoon til Sunday or Monday.

However, I don't have knowledge to what's possible these days concerning RV parking passes ( and buying one from RV'er just for ND Game).

Good luck & GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't have any info, but sounds like an awesome trip!

Apr 20, 2015, 10:54 PM

Good luck!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: RV parking pass

Apr 20, 2015, 10:57 PM

They are cutting the RV parking in half this year because of the construction at Littlejohn. They are moving all those people to the RV lots. If I were you I would just get a spot at the YMCA. If you are lucky maybe you can find a Clemson RV lot pass, but I would highly doubt it for that game.

Apr 21, 2015, 10:39 AM

Great info, thanks! Can the YMCA passes be gotten in advance? Is that something I call the YMCA about? Thanks again for the info everybody!

Apr 20, 2015, 11:02 PM

Try cu beach at ymca they will sell single game weekend rv for $110 I believe

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2015, 6:34 AM

From what I read, a hotel is starting to sound like the cheapest way to go. Try this.

http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/anderson/andex/hoteldetail?qRef=sr&qDest=Clemson%2C+SC%2C+United+States&qRpn=1&qChld=0&qSrt=sBR&qSHp=1&qSmP=3&qGRM=0&qLng=-82.8375&qRdU=1&qRms=1&srb_u=1&qAdlt=1&qPSt=0&qRtP=6CBARC&qCiMy=092015&qCoD=04&qLat=34.6833&qCiD=03&qCoMy=092015&qRmP=3&qRRSrt=rt&qRad=30&qRpp=12&qBrs=ex.hi.rs.cv.ic.cp.in.vn.sb.cw.ul.6c&qWch=0

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Post under Tiger Tickets and you will get some hits...***

Apr 21, 2015, 11:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You will need a lot of cash to buy one for the N.Dame game

Apr 21, 2015, 12:13 PM

I am guessing about $3,000.

You can park at Twin Lakes campground for $20/night.

Apr 21, 2015, 3:00 PM

I think your best bet is Y beach (YMCA) and you can shuttle to the game on the Cat buses. Here is a link.
http://www.clemson.edu/campus-life/campus-recreation/cubeach/
We used it many a time for RV camping . No electricity, or water. Rv must be self sufficient. Also there is a dump station over by the practice feilds. 10 minute walk or use the Cat shuttle free. Don't wait fill up quick.

Apr 21, 2015, 4:42 PM

I am a current RV pass holder and attend most home games. The Lot 4 RV parking area has no electricity or sewer, and only a few spots have access to water (requires long hoses). This means you will be "boondocking" or dry docking. Also, the ND game is fairly early and the temperature will be HOT, so you will want A/C. This means that any RV you rent will need a generator, which you will have running 24/7. You will want to check the run time for your genset (mine runs on LP which gives about 40 hours). I'm not sure how many people you are going with, but you have to calculate your water consumption and holding tank capacity for showers, etc. You will want to ask about the tank sizes for white, grey and black water tanks for any RV rental.

Finding RV passes for high profile games (like ND) will be expensive. As a previous poster suggested, they are cutting back on the number of RV passes available this year to accommodate the temporary relocation of LJ parking due to construction. This means that the minimum donation level to qualify for RV pass went up from $2800 last year to $4600 this year. This will likely weed out those were only occasional users.

Twin lakes is 10 minutes away, but you aren't likely to find a spot there because those go on sale 180 days in advance and sell out quickly. It is a nice park, with hook ups, but you would need a rental car as well.

Good luck! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic