Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Video: Nkemdiche vs. Clowney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: Video: Nkemdiche vs. Clowney

Sep 28, 2012, 8:53 AM

Video: Nkemdiche vs. Clowney

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: Video: Nkemdiche vs. Clowney

Sep 28, 2012, 8:57 AM

That is hilarious!!! Clowney has done little. I love how the media has now finally accepted the fact that RN is coming to Clemson and have changed their antics to downplay him as not as good. Pathetic.

Sep 28, 2012, 9:01 AM

He isn't the same level of athlete as Clowney. The recruiting services had Clowney ranked as one of the best prospects to come out of high school in over a decade. This is prior to Nkemdiche committing to Clemson. His commitment has nothing to do with it. He just isn't rated as highly.

RNk isn't rated as high and might not be more talented.

Sep 28, 2012, 9:27 AM

but given such lofty praise as Clowney's received, you'd think he'd be the best DL in the country. You would've thought he'd be a starter last year.

So far, Clowney, while he is a beast, isn't living up to his hype. Maybe it's intelligence or laziness, I don't know but I expected more out of him up to this point.

With re: to RNk, I don't care about any pre-Clemson praise for him. I only care about praise for him after he's arrived at Clemson.

Re: RNk isn't rated as high and might not be more talented.

Sep 28, 2012, 9:28 AM

This same guy had Andre Branch ranked as a 2 star propect. lol

Sep 28, 2012, 9:56 AM [ in reply to RNk isn't rated as high and might not be more talented. ]

I would take Clowney.

Sep 28, 2012, 10:39 AM [ in reply to RNk isn't rated as high and might not be more talented. ]

He didn't start last year as a true freshman because SC had Ingram, who was the 18th overall pick in last years draft, and Taylor, who will likely be a first rounder this coming year. True freshman, no matter how talented, aren't going to start with those two guys ahead of them.

Clowney is living up to the hype. When he doesn't get a sack, he is disrupting plays and virtually always requires a double team.

they say he's the highest rater EVER and they were

Sep 28, 2012, 4:07 PM

saying he could go right to the pros. If he's as good as they were saying, he would've gone way before #18 in the draft.

while he is extremely athletic and indeed a beast, he's got the brains of a beast and his lack of intelligence is what holds him back, not Ingram or Taylor.

Oct 2, 2012, 1:54 AM [ in reply to Re: RNk isn't rated as high and might not be more talented. ]

No hes virtually quiet this year, No impressive numbers from him. Overrated and only a big physical presence. He couldnt even get to the UAB QB. And Breitenstein will make him look silly.

Sep 28, 2012, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Video: Nkemdiche vs. Clowney ]

The play on the field in college/NFL will show what they can and can not do. SEC hacks are going to promote sec with everything they say. One thing that Nkemdiche will be much better at if his FB career was to end. With the way he has been educated, I think Nkemdiche would be able to get a much better paying job than Clowney would.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2012, 9:03 AM

If RN were committed to Bama, he would be ranked ahead of Clowney. Bank it.

The important difference is

Sep 28, 2012, 9:30 AM

Clowney is gone in a year and a half. We have at least three years of RN to look forward to.

Also that Nkemdiche wanted to go to Clemson whereas

Sep 28, 2012, 3:14 PM

Clowney went to usuck out of convenience to Rockhill.

I wish them both success in the NFL.

Sep 28, 2012, 9:30 AM

However, I wish RN success and Clowney failure in college.

Go Tigers!

Clowney's teachers are working hard to keep him from

Sep 28, 2012, 9:58 AM

failing! ;)

I'm pretty sure he cannot even spell his own nick-name,

Sep 29, 2012, 10:28 PM

Doo doo!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

The only question that I have regarding this is I don't know

Sep 28, 2012, 9:53 AM

anything regarding 24/7 sports, if they have any affiliations or agendas. If Nkemdiche was committed to a school of their choice would it alter their opinion,and more specifically does it alter their opinion and evaluation ?.I'm not stating this to be be a factual scenario, I just question a few of their comments to be very subjective such hand strength, and especially regarding him in different defensive schemes, it's pure speculation until they've seen him perform in such a setting. I know too many people let personal feelings come into play as opposed to writing unbiased articles, ala the Atlanta Journal or whatever it's called which has been incredibly biased and prejudicial in their articles. Just my 2 cents

I do think the Articles would change

Sep 28, 2012, 10:39 AM

If he were committed to Bama or somebody like "They continue to replace skill with more skill" or something like that. Since Clemson is still building up, they aren't the hot topic and wont sell as many magazines.

How about Bowers vs. Clowney

Sep 28, 2012, 10:02 AM

Everyone calm down and take off the orange tinted glasses for a moment. This is not a knock on Clemson or pro-coot, Clowney is simply the better athlete at the moment. This doesn't mean that Nkemdiche won't come in and create havoc and maybe become a better player than Clowney, he just hasn't had the chance to yet. Trying to compare the two is ridiculous. Like having pre-season award lists. It's not about who's the better player now, it's about who's the better player in the end.

Chucktown, I will pose this question to you

Sep 28, 2012, 10:11 AM

I think you made a sincere and valid question. First of all, I don't know who Sakerlina's DE coach is, but he's obviously very good. I do know that we have Marion Hobby back at Clemson, he played a significant role in Gaines Adams development. He left to go to the NFL, specifically the New Orleans Saints. I personally believe he's a far superior DE coach than Chris Rumph is/was. I thought we had a falloff in DE development under Rumph, and I believe this played a part in Bowers first few seasons, although I'm sure Bower's work ethic the first few seasons played a pert as well. Still, I firmly believe that Bowers' success was pure athletic abitlity. Hobby's impact coudn't be more stated than w/ former 2 star, Andre Brach's development under Hobby. You put Nkemdiche w/ Hobby, I'm betting the bank on major dividends in return

Valid point. I think Hobby will have a great impact.

Sep 28, 2012, 10:40 AM

My point was more to the fact that they're comparing oranges to apples: A second year starter for a FBS college to a high school senior. Of course the college player will be better, he has had access to development resources that are just not available to a high school athlete. If they wanted to make a comparison, it should have been to their respective junior seasons in high school. That's the last full season you can compare.

Re: Valid point. I think Hobby will have a great impact.

Sep 28, 2012, 10:44 AM

They are comparing the two at the same times. They are saying that Clowney was a higher rated prospect than RN coming out of high school. They saw that he had more potential due to his speed off the edge and his hands and that he is the perfect combination of size and speed.

Re: How about Bowers vs. Clowney

Sep 28, 2012, 10:16 AM [ in reply to How about Bowers vs. Clowney ]

Just looked at this. clowney is way ahead of Bowers. We need all the DL we can get. RN is going to be great.

Sep 28, 2012, 10:17 AM

You must not have actually watched an SC game this year.

Clowney has been tearing it up.

Smells like someone is sucking the SEC's***

Sep 28, 2012, 10:46 AM

Sep 28, 2012, 10:48 AM

Clowney is an absolute stud. I agree that he is a better pure pass rusher than Nkemdiche (based on video I've seen) but I think Nkemdiche is slightly more well-rounded because he could put on 20 pounds and move to defensive tackle if we needed him to and I don't think Clowney could do that... but then again he doesn't have to.

Coming from a huge Clemson fan I would take Clowney with a top 10 pick in the 2013-2014 draft when he declares after his junior year. The guy has a high motor and can just pin his ears back and get after it but I will take Nkemdiche too. I think both are "franchise" defensive ends with a ton of potential that hasn't even been tapped.

Sep 28, 2012, 10:51 AM

They are both great athletes but who cares whose better. We have RN for the next three years. They have clowney for 1 more year. RN if not better will be just as good. Trust me.

Sep 28, 2012, 10:59 AM

I totally agree I just wouldn't compare them to each other, even though it's impossible. Both going to college in the same state it will always be Nkemdiche vs. Clowney but Nkemdiche compares more closely to Da'Quan Bowers than Clowney.

Sep 28, 2012, 11:04 AM

This simple fact is Clowney may be a little better who cares. What we need to worry about is getting Adams to commit along with Nkemdiche. If that happens we will have recruited one of the best defensive lines in the country if not the best. Nkemdiche, Adams, Pagano, and Daniels. Not to mention the young linebacker talent here now and the ones coming. This defense will be PHENOMENAL! So let the haters hate and the press adore the SEC. We will just win.

Sep 28, 2012, 12:48 PM

JC Shurburtt

National Recruiting Director for 247Sports.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and for those unaware...Mr Shurburtts resume...........

Sep 28, 2012, 12:56 PM

JC Shurburtt's Experience
National Recruiting Director at 247Sports
247Sports

Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Sports industry

May 2010 – Present (2 years 5 months) Columbia, South Carolina

Directs college football and basketball recruiting coverage at 247Sports. Responsible for managing all aspects of recruiting at one of the fastest-growing sports media sites on the Internet.
Owner/Editor
The Big Spur Media Group, L.L.C.

August 2007 – Present (5 years 2 months)

Owns and operates TheBigSpur.com, a website devoted to coverage of University of South Carolina athletics and a member of the 247Sports network.
College Football Recruiting Writer
ESPN Insider

Writing and Editing industry

August 2007 – May 2010 (2 years 10 months)

Wrote recruiting blogs, covered events and contributed to ESPN.com's recruiting coverage.
Sports radio talk show host
Clear Channel Radio

Public Company; 10,001+ employees; CCU; Broadcast Media industry

August 2007 – May 2010 (2 years 10 months)

Was the host and co-host of a variety of sports radio talk shows on 1400 AM in Columbia, S.C., most noteworthy was "The Box" with former New York Giants linebacker Corey Miller, which ran from August of 2008 to May of 2010

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DO I CARE WHAT THIS GUYS THINKS....NO!***

Sep 28, 2012, 2:04 PM

Sep 28, 2012, 4:13 PM

So, what you are saying is a college football player is better than a high school football player... Good logic and will keep in mind.

Sep 28, 2012, 5:16 PM

They are saying that Clowney was a better high school prospect than is RN. Don't see why ya'll can't get this.

Sep 28, 2012, 6:24 PM

I was kidding around calm down.... You take comments seriously?

Re: Who's Cllowney?***

Sep 28, 2012, 6:28 PM

RN should watch this everyday

Sep 30, 2012, 8:58 PM

Motivate

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: RN should watch this everyday

Oct 1, 2012, 3:06 PM

who cares what they think.. its all motivation to get you going.. screw what people say..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic