Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
R.I.P. Pat Sullivan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 3,195

R.I.P. Pat Sullivan

Dec 1, 2019, 6:24 PM

Pat Sullivan, a College Football Hall of Fame quarterback at Auburn and the former head coach at TCU and Samford, has died. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: R.I.P. Pat Sullivan

Dec 1, 2019, 6:27 PM

RIP Auburn GOAT!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Dec 1, 2019, 6:30 PM

“Sullivan to Beasley”. That combination put a real hurting on us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2019, 6:41 PM

Sad. Sullivan to Beasley was one of the all time great passing combinations. I think it was one of the Hootie years that they came to Clemson, and it took them 3 plays to score their first TD. They scored a TD about every 3 plays for the rest of the game. If I remember correctly, the final was 51-0. Those were not the good old days and makes me appreciate what we have now.

I told that story to my kids and grands when I saw their names on the Auburn ROH yesterday.

RIP Pat, you were a great one.

Dec 1, 2019, 6:45 PM

yep that was how it was in the Hootie Error. Hard to imagine that now

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2019, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: R.I.P. Pat Sullivan ]

Hey man , don’t make it worse than it was . It was only 44-0 .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was a student 68-71, and saw that game. My 4 years were

Dec 1, 2019, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Re: R.I.P. Pat Sullivan ]

Frank Howard's last two years and Hootie's first two. We won a total of 16 games in those four years, one more than we won last year!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2019, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Re: R.I.P. Pat Sullivan ]

I was there that day and that combo was awesome to see.

Dec 1, 2019, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: R.I.P. Pat Sullivan ]

I was at that game..first time that I saw tear away jerseys. I think the score was more like 40 to 0.

Dec 1, 2019, 6:40 PM

So sad. He was at Clemson for homecoming in 1970 and beat us 40 something to nothing. I think that was they year before his Heisman year. I know he had battled cancer for years I always like him and he seemed like a nice guy. I hope he was able to know how his well his Tigers played yesterday

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2019, 6:47 PM

We played them at Auburn the Heisman year and I had a class w a db who intercepted him in that CU loss to Auburn. I told him he could tell his grand kids he intercepted a Heisman winner. Turned out to be correct

I remember when Pat Sullivan and Terry Beasley tourched

Dec 1, 2019, 6:46 PM

the Tigers in 1970 in Death Valley for 44 points. I was running late to the game with my date. As I handed my ticket at the gate, Auburn scored their first TD. By the time we sat down in the student section, Auburn scored again. It was Sullivan to Beasley all day long.

I saw him play in the 1970 Gator Bowl when I was a kid.

Dec 1, 2019, 7:39 PM

Auburn played Ole Miss; it was a matchup of marquee QBs in Sullivan and Archie Manning. Manning played with a cast on his left arm and ran wild all day. Sullivan and his Auburn Tigers won that day, however, and Sullivan took home the MVP trophy.

Correction - sort of. Technically, it's listed as the 1971 Gator Bowl, but was for the 1970 season/teams.

Message was edited by: Smiling Tiger®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Hope he lived long enough to see the game.***

Dec 1, 2019, 7:50 PM

Dec 1, 2019, 8:03 PM

I worked in B'ham AL when Pat was the OC at UAB. When the HC was fired, Pat was considered for the HC position at UAB, but because he was a former Auburn alum, and UAB is affiliated with UA, they refused to promote him to HC. That's when he went to Samford (across town from UAB). That was a raw deal IMO. I always hated that for Pat. He was truly a good coach that deserved better in life.

Dec 1, 2019, 9:38 PM

I was at the 71 game. Sullivan to Beasley was amazing to watch. Heisman Committee got that one right!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2019, 9:42 PM

1970 at Clemson!

Dec 1, 2019, 9:45 PM

1970 at Clemson!

Replies: 17
| visibility 3,195
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive