Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
R.I.P. Hall of Fame LB Nick Buoniconti dies at 78
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,813

R.I.P. Hall of Fame LB Nick Buoniconti dies at 78

Jul 31, 2019, 12:32 PM

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: R.I.P. Hall of Fame LB Nick Buoniconti dies at 78

Jul 31, 2019, 1:43 PM

One of the first collegians to
advocate weight training when most coaches
like Frank Howard dismissed the idea in 63-67.

Jul 31, 2019, 1:50 PM

Seem to recall his son was permanently paralyzed playing football.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Jul 31, 2019, 1:52 PM

yep Marc while playing at The Citadel as I recall.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2019, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Re: R.I.P. Hall of Fame LB Nick Buoniconti dies at 78 ]

I was fortunate to meet Nick on multiple occasions while taking care of his son at the university of Miami. Nick was always a consummate gentleman. He took the time to talk to fans about football. He was incredibly gracious to all of the people around him. Also I was amazed at what a normal sized person he was. I have been accustomed to seeing football heroes as giants in physical stature. He was an All Pro football player who looked like he would fit in anywhere. He looked normal. He was such a great and pleasant person that he made me a fan “retrospectively” of those great Dolphins teams of the 1972-1974 run. On one occasion he even went out of his way to make an introduction to Don Shula just because he knew that he could and that it would mean so much to me.
More than 10 years have passed since I last saw him and it seems like yesterday.

Aug 1, 2019, 1:50 AM

He was a class individual and always would take time to interact with fans. RIP Nick! I don’t know the status of his son’s condition but if you know please pass it on. The Clemson Family should please pray for this wonderful family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

his son

Aug 1, 2019, 2:21 AM

is president of this organization

https://www.themiamiproject.org/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2019, 1:55 PM

The captain and leader of the No-Name Defense on the undefeated Dolphins.

More importantly he raised over 450 million for research and work on spinal injuries and paralysis.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2019, 4:35 PM

All of the names I know so well are passing away. That means I am getting old too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2019, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Re: R.I.P. Hall of Fame LB Nick Buoniconti dies at 78 ]

I'll add his foundation did an excellent job sharing their findings with who ever asked.

Aug 1, 2019, 6:21 AM

Before sports center there was HBO’s Inside the NFL. He and Len Dawson were the first “must see tv” i can remember. RIP Nick!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,813
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic