Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RIP - Rudy Hayes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

RIP - Rudy Hayes

Feb 17, 2020, 7:48 PM

Channel 4 (Greenville) said Rudy passed over the weekend. He was 85. I really enjoyed watching him play in the late 50s.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: RIP - Rudy Hayes

Feb 17, 2020, 8:12 PM

Rudy played fullback. My prayers are with him and family.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of Coach Howard’s finest Runners ever..

Feb 17, 2020, 8:31 PM

and a Gentleman & Clemson Man Thru & Thru!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2020, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: RIP - Rudy Hayes ]

Rudy played his last game as a Tiger wearing Sugar Blues in the 59 Sugar Bowl. You have fought your last fight and finished your last race, it's time cross over the river and rest under the shade of the trees.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2020, 8:40 PM

So sad to see this. Rudy played for Pickens High before Clemson. I played for Daniel. Rudy leveled me on a kick-off return. I still bear the marks.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2020, 9:45 PM

I thought the play I saw in the late 1950's was by Rudy but I have never found anyone who can confirm it. I don't even remember who we were playing but seem to believe it was Maryland. Anyway, our opponent had punted to Clemson and the ball ended up somewhere near our 15 - 20 yard line. Several Clemson and our opponents players, plus Rudy, were standing near the ball which had not been blown dead. Rudy, to the surprise of everyone, ambled up to the ball, picked it up and started rambling down the field. Rudy was never accused of being a speed merchant but he did run the ball back about 20 - 25 yards before he was tackled.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2020, 11:30 PM

Was my 1st hero as a kid and hero for town of Pickens and especially for the Pickens Mill Village .
Was a great ball player and greater man .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God Bless***

Feb 18, 2020, 8:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic