Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
REALLY unpopular opinion about Bryan Bresee
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

REALLY unpopular opinion about Bryan Bresee

Oct 7, 2019, 10:43 AM

I want Bresee to come in and dominate. I want his name immortalized in the stone of Death Valley. I hope he plays four years, wins us four championships and gets drafted first overall. I am thrilled that we have him committed.

But.

I have to be honest with myself and with y'all: when I watch his film, there's something I don't like. It's REALLY hard to put my finger on. It might be that his motor slows after he hits the first guy. Maybe he looks slow between snaps. Perhaps he's still getting used to the massive frame he has. There's nastiness you like and nastiness you don't like, and maybe I see that slightly tilted towards the latter in him. It could be the level of physical competition he sees in his one on ones doesn't allow him to show what he can really do, so I'm an idiot for thinkin this. It could be a little bit of any of those, and it could be none of them. I don't know.

My pulse is 100% for several reasons. Biggest one is the ring with a "C" on my finger. I love my Tigers more than life itself. The fall is sacred and nothing takes precedence over Clemson football. And I see what y'all see: a huge dude absolutely flattening other dudes. And yes, I watched him dominate at the Opening and all that. There's just something about watching his game film that furrows my brow and I hope I'm wrong more than anything else in the world.

Any chance anyone agrees with me, or am I the only person in the country that feels this way?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would assume that you're the

Oct 7, 2019, 10:45 AM

only person in the country that feels that way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I would assume that you're the

Oct 7, 2019, 12:37 PM

You are a lonesome Monday morning prognosticator

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, pretty sure you're going to be the only one...

Oct 7, 2019, 10:47 AM

and why post it when it's something you can't even put a finger on?

Kid's film is undeniable. He dominates most everyone in his way, regardless of the competition.

And from articles I've read and interviews I've seen, he seems like a great kid from a great family.

Re: No, pretty sure you're going to be the only one...

Oct 7, 2019, 10:51 AM

I want to be wrong. But I'm also being honest. I meant that disclaimer at the beginning.

deroberts is pulling his belt off as we speak

Oct 7, 2019, 3:54 PM

This post just baffles me. The kid has the tools, he wouldn’t be coming here if he didn’t.

He will work hard and get coached hard. Don’t worry so much. Just curious your background that you think your film evaluation is so important?

You may honestly see it that way ...

Oct 7, 2019, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Re: No, pretty sure you're going to be the only one... ]

but dang boy , you blind ! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your pulse is 100% because

Oct 7, 2019, 10:51 AM

you haven't posted a lot of carp like that up there!

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

I totally agree

Oct 7, 2019, 11:00 AM

That is an unpopular opinion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Remember- you recruit measurables and potential.

Oct 7, 2019, 11:10 AM

Bresee is playing against a significant step down in talent right now. There's not much that High School games tell you about a player like that- so much of it is apples to oranges. You have to determine if he has the tools to be an elite player once he's in the presence of elite coaching and weight training. Also, check out the videos of him at the Camps- going against also-elite players of his caliber. Pretty impressive imo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: REALLY unpopular opinion about Bryan Bresee

Oct 7, 2019, 11:11 AM

Could you clarify "nastiness you don't like"?

In all honesty I think the only knock on Bresee could be that he pulls up a little when he has a chance to ruin his competition's day.

That's the only thing I have seen in his film that looks a little off is that it seems like he knows he is bigger, faster, and stronger than all of his high school competition and he doesn't want to hurt anybody.

Based on his performance against comparable competition, that doesn't seem to be an issue when going against other people his size.

Oct 7, 2019, 3:15 PM

You make much more sense than the OP .

You get an A + . The OP gets a C - .

Since it's hard to put your finger on" and since

Oct 7, 2019, 11:14 AM

most every expert in the field has him as a top ten prospect, and since he has dominated in camp settings against elite talent, and since Dabo and company, who are pretty decent at evaluating both talent and character, want him in a Clemson uniform based on both, I'm not sure what you hoped to accomplish with this post.

Message was edited by: revmarkg®

I’m going to assume your account was hacked by a...

Oct 7, 2019, 11:20 AM

bigger coot than you, if that’s even possible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

So you're thinking

Oct 7, 2019, 3:53 PM

cutigerbob® knows how to hack tnet accounts now?

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Either him...

Oct 7, 2019, 4:17 PM

Or CUTigerDave® .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

No way.

Oct 7, 2019, 5:35 PM

CUTigerDave® couldn't find his way out of a wet paper bag.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Oct 7, 2019, 11:23 AM

I’d write off that feeling, homeslice. Maybe the ESPiN media bias against anything Clemson right now has been a little bit overboard and you’ve gotten caught up in the recent negativity.
Bresee is a good kid with a high motor and elite skills.
So turn that frown upside down and just be happy that he’s coming to Clemson!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL.***

Oct 7, 2019, 1:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One question...

Oct 7, 2019, 11:45 AM

How did coachmac get your password?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Oct 7, 2019, 11:47 AM

I know you, your family, and I know your love for and commitment to the Tigers. I also know discernment is a gift, so you may have a valid intuition. You never know how a player is going to adjust to the college level of play.

However, I believe that Dabo and his staff have a good track record of recognizing and assessing talent. And, that they will coach him to adjust adequately to the college game. If not, they will have someone ready to step in.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Oct 7, 2019, 11:53 AM

In watching video from his high school games I have feared for the safety of linemen, RBs and QBs on opposing teams and have wondered what parents of those players must feel when their offspring play against his team. I have also seen a little of the bad side of his nastiness but like others on here feel he may just have a little frustration built up that he can’t really show his wares the way he would like. I don’t know why any coach would run a play to his side.

Oct 7, 2019, 1:33 PM

What is the bad side of his nastiness?

Oct 7, 2019, 11:54 AM

That sounds like an honest assessment...of someone who was in the band.

Stick to music.

Oct 7, 2019, 12:09 PM

Popular at parties, are ya?

Oct 7, 2019, 12:10 PM

Imagine what Grady Jarrett would look like if you stuck him on a high school team.

That's Bresee, and that's why he's #1 in country.

Oct 7, 2019, 12:12 PM

I love everything I see about him. If anything, I guess there is a possibility that since he never has been tested by players with his physical ability, he has not had to fine tune his technique. He can stand straight up and just use his hands to brush away his opponent. He may have to work an his pad level and fine tune his technique when he faces better competition, but I am not worried in the least that he will pick it up very fast.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who wants to chair...

Oct 7, 2019, 12:38 PM

a committee to poll all the people in the country?

Oct 7, 2019, 1:03 PM

I think it’s the expectations we put on these players. If you watch some of Bresee’s latest highlight videos they aren’t super impressive because no team is going anywhere near him. They always run as far away from him as possible and get passes out quick. We also expect top players to go out and dominate like the 99- rated running backs we used to create on NCAA football games. That’s not how it works.

To make yourself feel better, just go rewatch his summer camp one-on-ones and imaging what he’ll do when an offense has to decide to run towards him or Xavier Thomas/KJ Henry.

Go Tigers!

Oct 7, 2019, 1:08 PM

No how. No way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2019, 1:29 PM

I don’t know what you’ve seen that reflected the bad side of nastiness, but I can bet I know one thing about it. How many times do you think opposing players want to get a dirty shot at him just to say they did? I’m certain that happens to elite players a lot and at some point, letting it get the best of you is highly likely for a high school senior. Let’s give him some grace as his positives are exceptional.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is hard to look at HS film and predict future play.

Oct 7, 2019, 1:48 PM

He is a man amongst boys. He dominates in a BIG way. He even dominates at HS all star events. I hope he dominates in college. He will definitely benefit from better competition and coaching. Coach V will do his thing.

I'm thrilled that he will be a Clemson Tiger. I think he will be a positive influence on other Clemson players, especially Jordan Burch, if he joins the team. They could be the Killer B's.

GO TIGERS!

I think he is simply trying to avoid a fatality...

Oct 7, 2019, 1:58 PM

All joking aside...his effort in HS will not be the same as his effort in college. Coaching, in particular coach V, will get him to the best that he can be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is hard to look at HS film and predict future play.

Oct 7, 2019, 3:09 PM [ in reply to It is hard to look at HS film and predict future play. ]

Burch is the one that troubles me. Also plays against weaker talent but showed up to no camps. Has no-showed us and Georgia on visits. I’ve seen him play in person and on the tube. Wasn’t crazy about what I saw. We’ll be great with Bresee and Murphy plus the plethora of other young studs on the DLine. If we can get just one more 5 star I say go with the Flowe!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2019, 2:00 PM

I have no doubt about him what so ever. I can't wait to see him holding that championship trophy.

Oct 7, 2019, 2:44 PM

don't quit your day job.

Oct 7, 2019, 3:21 PM

Do you evaluate players on film for a living? If not I suggest you leave it to Dabo and our coaches, like I do.
Years ago I saw AJ Green play in high school. I proclaimed he was lazy and would be a flop in college. That tells you all you need to know about my “player evaluating skills”.
If Dabo think breese is good I do too.

Oct 7, 2019, 3:28 PM

There's something seriously wrong with the OP ??

Oct 7, 2019, 3:39 PM

User Logo
homeslice1479®
CU Guru [1065]
TigerPulse: 100%
REALL­Y unpopular opinion about Bryan Bresee
Posted: Oct 7, 2019 10:43 AM

I want Bresee to come in and dominate. I want his name immortalized in the stone of Death Valley. I hope he plays four years, wins us four championships and gets drafted first overall. I am thrilled that we have him committed.

But.

I have to be honest with myself and with y'all: when I watch his film, there's something I don't like. It's REALLY hard to put my finger on. It might be that his motor slows after he hits the first guy. Maybe he looks slow between snaps. Perhaps he's still getting used to the massive frame he has. There's nastiness you like and nastiness you don't like, and maybe I see that slightly tilted towards the latter in him. It could be the level of physical competition he sees in his one on ones doesn't allow him to show what he can really do, so I'm an idiot for thinkin this. It could be a little bit of any of those, and it could be none of them. I don't know.

My pulse is 100% for several reasons. Biggest one is the ring with a "C" on my finger. I love my Tigers more than life itself. The fall is sacred and nothing takes precedence over Clemson football. And I see what y'all see: a huge dude absolutely flattening other dudes. And yes, I watched him dominate at the Opening and all that. There's just something about watching his game film that furrows my brow and I hope I'm wrong more than anything else in the world.

Any chance anyone agrees with me, or am I the only person in the country that feels this way?

SO, WHAT INSTRUMENT DID YOU PLAY IN THE BAND.

Oct 7, 2019, 3:45 PM

I think what you're seeing (if anything) is that he is bored with high school. He's ready (and been ready) for the next level.

Stick with the Band and let Dabo handle - ALL IN***

Oct 7, 2019, 4:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stick with the Band and let Dabo handle - ALL IN***

Oct 7, 2019, 4:16 PM

Best defensive player in the nation. Worst post in the nation. Go Tigers

Worry Naught The Tiger Coaching Staff and System Will

Oct 7, 2019, 4:22 PM

Mold Him

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol

Oct 7, 2019, 4:42 PM

BB will starts from day 1 and will end up being the best DT Clemson has produced since McGlockton

I was watching JJ Watt mow down a massive OLineman and I chuckled to myself and thought...

Oct 7, 2019, 5:24 PM

We’ve got one of those coming to Clemson and he’s not gonna start out playing TE at Central Michigan and transfer.

Message was edited by: ALLweatherfan®

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

SLOW BETWEEN SNAPS

Oct 7, 2019, 5:37 PM

Arguably the greatest football player of all-time, Jim Brown, was notoriously slow getting up and getting back to the huddle after the play ended. He was playing "head-games" with the opposition.

They hoped he was injured and when he wasn't, the opponents had a "letdown".

https://youtu.be/P03SvWgFQv8

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I think I see what concerns you

Oct 8, 2019, 8:07 AM

but I'm not sure it should be considered evidence of his value as a player. He seems to really enjoy what he's doing and after a play becomes a bit social in his manner. It could be that he's showing off a little, but it also could be that he's having so much fun and knows what he's doing that he just plays very loose. I don't see it as a lack of effort on the next play.

The only thing I see that he needs to work on is that his pad level is occasionally a touch high. He's able to get away with it at the HS level because of his quickness and strength, but it'll need to be corrected at Clemson - and it will be.

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic