Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Parker: "I am not a quitter"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

Nov 30, 2010, 4:44 PM

Kyle Parker ended nearly three days of speculation Tuesday afternoon when he announced to an assembled group of media that he will take part in Clemson’s upcoming bowl practices and bowl games. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, but he ain't a Sitter either.***

Nov 30, 2010, 4:46 PM

i beg to differ...ever since that hit at auburn...

Nov 30, 2010, 4:52 PM

he hasnt done crap since.

Not playing well does not equate to quitting.***

Nov 30, 2010, 4:53 PM

its called he quit trying and caring.which in term..

Nov 30, 2010, 4:54 PM

is considered quitting.

Re: Parker: "I am not a quitter"

AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, HE CAN STAY HOME AND LET TAJH GET THE START!!!!

Nov 30, 2010, 5:21 PM

If he really cares about the team, that is exactly what he should do. Tajh is our future, and Tajh should be our QB from on or untill someone beats him out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He sounds so smug...

"I’m probably one of the first guys to be declared academically ineligible before the semester is even over. Just add that to the list of other things I have accomplished."

Geez this kid has an attitude problem.

2010_donor_pickem.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he also accomplished being a bigger...

Nov 30, 2010, 4:56 PM

###### than harper was last year.

Re: He sounds so smug...

Nov 30, 2010, 10:42 PM [ in reply to He sounds so smug... ]

I don't know how you consider his response of internet rumors and speculation as being smug. He's frustrated and he's struggling with himself. Last year he had a cinderella type year. This year it hasn't worked that way. I could list a ton of reasons why it turned out this way but its really irrelevant to the discussion. The young man has played hard and to the best of his abilities. He's a competitor and he has represented Clemson very well. I'm da-mn tired of a player getting bashed by faceless posters of which probably half have not gone to many or any games and half who never even graduated from Clemson. You who have kids, put one of them in this position and see if you still like what you are saying. This Board is the place that has the attitude problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2010, 8:27 AM

Amen. You guys should think before you post!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2010, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: He sounds so smug... ]

Before I post...I do have a face, I did not go to Clemson and did not attend any games last year or this year.

I think both the board and Parker have attitude problems.

Its not as bad as the board makes it seem, but its not all rosy with Parker either. He admitted he has a bruised relationship with Swinney and that a few days after the game it doesnt seem that its been repaired. He also didnt say his grades were fine...just that hes always been on good academic standing.

I still feel is tone shows hes a little bitter.

Dec 1, 2010, 7:24 PM [ in reply to Re: He sounds so smug... ]

Amen brother! He's still a kid and he has done the best that he could. Very well said. I'm baffled by the ignorance and down right meaness of some of these post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Press conference audio added***

Nov 30, 2010, 4:55 PM

The beat coverage for Clemson is ballless. When he said he wasn't a quitter why didn't anyone give him the Derek Anderson treatment?

Less talking, more doing.

Nov 30, 2010, 4:56 PM

If Kyle stood in the pocket as many times as he has press conferences we'd be playing in Charlotte this weekend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

Thats the power of the Home Depot***

Dec 1, 2010, 9:47 AM

Photobucket

Re: Parker: "I am not a quitter" - Feliz Navidad

Nov 30, 2010, 4:57 PM

Thank you, KP for letting the world know you consider your teammates and coaches worthy of your presence for the holidays. You are the reason for the season, after all.

No thanks Kyle. Been swell ... 110% or

Nov 30, 2010, 5:03 PM

keep your filthy hands off the Rock.

I love Dabo (BUT) if he thinks Parker still is the best

Nov 30, 2010, 5:03 PM

option for us winning, I am gonna change my thought on our coach... I like Parker but we need a oil change at QB .. if Boyd fails it will not be any different than Parker this season.. ITS BOYDS TEAM NOW not next spring but NOW.. let the kid play, I think deep down after what I read in a previous Tigernet column that the players are wanting Boyd at the helm also.. Definatley will give us the fans somthing to look forward too also

Re: I love Dabo (BUT) if he thinks Parker still is the best

Nov 30, 2010, 5:12 PM

The more snaps Boyd has with what is left of this year, the more preparation and experience he will have going into next year. I think he said it best in his interview--he wants to play and he wants the experience. Let's give the kid the ball--we have nothing to lose. 6-6 at Clemson is already a failure. Its time to cut our losses and begin building for next year--more snaps for Boyd will equal more experience and chance for success in the QB position next year.

Nov 30, 2010, 5:43 PM

I agree totally. And KP keeps saying I give the team the best chaance to win. Well I know 6 games where he didn't. It is one more loss he can give us the best chance to get. Tajh is our best chance to win next year so, lets give him the ball in the bowl game. That would make him less behind the 8 ball than he already is. I will always back my Clemson Tigers no matter who is making the stupid call at coach. And if Tajh don't start and play the entire game bar injury. That will be another stupid call Dabo has made with our Tigers!!!!!!!!!

Nov 30, 2010, 5:26 PM [ in reply to I love Dabo (BUT) if he thinks Parker still is the best ]

Thats what I was saying earlier today. Go back and read and listen to see what has been already said. After everyone has done that, then deside what you personally who our man QB is. In my personal opinion, hands down Tajh Boyd!!!

Everyone of you guys that have posted

Nov 30, 2010, 5:25 PM

negative comments amaze me. The guys tries to rectify things with Dabo and the fans and do the right thing, and he gets bashed by a bunch of cynical internet posters that don't have a clue what he has been through this year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: Everyone of you guys that have posted

Nov 30, 2010, 5:29 PM

VA, as far as I'm concerned you have always been I think a fare and partial person. But I do disagree with your statement....

It is just hard for me to comprehend that people

Nov 30, 2010, 5:34 PM

who claim to love Clemson can be so d@mn mean. Good Lord, the guy took a shot in the back that would have hospitalized most of us and played the rest of the game. If he was a little gun shy after that, I can't blame him. ####, it hurt me and I was just watching.

Photobucket

Re: It is just hard for me to comprehend that people

Nov 30, 2010, 5:38 PM

Apparently, that shot he took in the back gave him whiplash or something, rattled his brain which in turn caused him to be a brat at the end of the SC game. Yeah, that makes sense.

Nov 30, 2010, 5:42 PM

Bite me

Photobucket

Sorry Bizzaro, as a coot, you don't get a say in this family

Dec 1, 2010, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: It is just hard for me to comprehend that people ]

sqabble. Paying Tnetter or not, you're still not part of the family.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2010, 5:53 PM [ in reply to It is just hard for me to comprehend that people ]

I assure the hit hurt him as bad as he has ever been in football. Those are full grown kids playing that game that we call kids playing. But they are tring to get to the next level to where they are full grown men. And I am stil so very angry the hit was done on purpose and called. It was like the reffs saying its ok to play dirty against Clemson. I would like to hit the coach in the mouth with a ball bat for not taking the kid out of the game for it. It was wrong, and the coaches condoning it is even more wrong. KP ran out on his team at the end. He do not deserve to play in the bowl game. Tajh Boyd deserves that honor. If Tajh can't perform to atleast close, pull him and put KP in. That would be more than fare enough. Tajh didn't put him self in that situation period!!!!

All the boyd love aside, when did he run out on his team?

Nov 30, 2010, 6:56 PM

That's what the whole press conference was about?

He should never had been put in that situation in the first place.

Re: All the boyd love aside, when did he run out on his team?

Nov 30, 2010, 7:20 PM

he should never have been put in what situation? the press conference?

Nov 30, 2010, 7:24 PM

no, having to make some grand statement about his loyalties, and have to address some bullsh*t started by idiot fans on the internet

Nov 30, 2010, 7:53 PM

who sulked on the sidelines?
who didn't show up to the post game press conference?
who said that the press conference came about because of comments on the internet?

I already made my feelings known about Parker in other posts. I'm not angry at him, just disappointed. I've stated that I'm sure that he believes he gave his all, however, his manner of play made it obvious that he was holding back for the purpose of being careful to protect his future. He might not even realize it. While I may understand, it doesn't make me remotely satisfied as an alum and fan of this program. I wished him luck for the future but was clear that there is no need for him to take another snap at Clemson.

we'll learn alot about DS when he makes this decision...***

Dec 1, 2010, 9:50 AM

Photobucket

Nov 30, 2010, 8:43 PM [ in reply to It is just hard for me to comprehend that people ]

You're right. It was a huge shot he took. It was a shot that cost us 3 games, at least, and maybe the others, too, as he would not run the ball again in the season, even when there was a good open field in front of him, and he couldn't mae routine throws when weneeded them, either. His not coming out in the Auburn game, certainly could have cost us that game. Dabo should have pulled him out and made him sit until he healed up before playing him again. We might not be in this mess, if he had made the tough call that night, instead of letting KP decide when he wanted to come out, and that is from a strong Dabo supporter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Everyone of you guys that have posted

Nov 30, 2010, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Everyone of you guys that have posted ]

Amen. Tigernet has too many haters.

Give the kid a break and respect his willingness to try and make things right.

But...... Start Tajh Boyd.

Agreed. All of these negative posts make me sick. I

Nov 30, 2010, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Everyone of you guys that have posted ]

appreciate all these kids efforts for my alma mater.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

any other kid who acted like that should be bent over a knee

Nov 30, 2010, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Everyone of you guys that have posted ]

and spanked. He acted like a brat, and he certainly didnt keep his end of the deal ... 110% or keep your filthy hands off!!!!!!

Lighten up. He's just a poorly coached college kid.

Nov 30, 2010, 5:26 PM

Kyle Parker is just a college kid that isn't perfect and makes mistakes in the heat of battle. It's not like Parker is a highly paid athletic director who deliberately granted a $4 million dollar buyout clause to a head coach that he fired a few months later before hiring a zero-experience position coach to be head coach of a prominent FBS football school. It's not like he's a highly paid head coach who hired a zero-experience OC, wasted scholarships, and made bad player-personnel decisions. He's just a college kid. Cut him a break.

Re: Lighten up. He's just a poorly coached college kid.

Nov 30, 2010, 5:31 PM

Yes but Razz, this was his second blow out in just a mater of a few weeks. What about all the guys that have been being beat up protecting his butt to act like a spoiled child.

He had the same coaching last year too***

Nov 30, 2010, 7:02 PM

... which is why he ranked #73 in pass efficiency in 2009!!!

Nov 30, 2010, 8:49 PM

Parker played like a poorly coached QB both years and his completion percentage stats didn't change much from 2009 to 2010.

Parker completed 57% in 2009. (90th in the nation.)
Parker completed 56% in 2010. (77th in the nation.)

Parker was intercepted 3.25% in 2009. (65th.)
Parker was intercepted 3.09% in 2010. (61st.)

Those are bad stats both years! And you'd expect a QB to improve with good coaching, right?

In both years Parker threw irresponsible interceptions, he stared down his primary receivers, he didn't go through his progressions, he was off-target, he had little pocket presence, he fumbled while scrambling because he carried the ball loosely, and he rarely, rarely scrambled for 1st downs when he could have.

Most Clemson fans just didn't notice because every once in a while he'd get the ball to Spiller or Ford and they'd run for a TD, so Parker had 20 TD throws in 2009 and 12 in 2010.

If you throw in Spiller's & Ford's rushes and kick/punt returns, you get the difference between a winning QB and a 6-6 QB.

But in both years he played like poorly coached QB. The stats don't lie. See for yourself.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2009&rpt=IA_playerpasseff&site=org&div=IA&dest=O

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2010&rpt=IA_playerpasseff&site=org&div=IA&dest=O

Ultimately he's just a college kid trying to play football and win. I'm sure he wanted to succeed even more than the fans wanted him to succeed.

But let's blame Kyle Parker and not our newbie HC and OC/QB-coach that no decent FBS school would hire for those positions. Because to prove you're a TRUE FAN, you have to be more loyal to the coaches than you are to the players or the school.

Amen, brother. This is the truth.***

Dec 1, 2010, 9:37 AM

There you go again with all of those stats and facts...

Dec 1, 2010, 7:17 PM [ in reply to ... which is why he ranked #73 in pass efficiency in 2009!!! ]

Keep it up Razz. The more the discussion centers around truth rather than emotion, the more we have a chance to get this turned around.

Re: Lighten up. He's just a poorly coached college kid.

Nov 30, 2010, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Lighten up. He's just a poorly coached college kid. ]

I can't believe that I'm agreeing with Razz,but I'll say "AMEN" to his quote. This is a kid,give him a break. It's been a bad year for him,the team and the staff. Let it go! Enjoy the second (third)level bowl game and get ready for next season (spring practice. There is allot of stuff going on in our world today that is certainly more pressing and important than Tiger Football (did I really say that?).

Nov 30, 2010, 5:27 PM

Andre Johnson's apology sounded more sincere than KPs.

Nov 30, 2010, 5:35 PM

I look at their responses too. The response of an individual says a lot of their desire to lead the team. Tajh says he wants the rock in the bowl game. He wants to lead and knows that only experience in this leadership position will prepare him for the next several years. On the other hand, I have only heard 'well I guess I am gonna start and give us the best chance to win' from the other end. Where is the heart? Tajh wants to lead, let's give him the chance. That's what we, as Tigers, exemplify, after all..."Determined Spirit"

Sad, wish he was a quitter.***

Nov 30, 2010, 5:36 PM

Good job, Kyle.

Nov 30, 2010, 5:43 PM

“Word is I still give the team the best chance to win, and I think that is the common perception around here,” Parker said. “I would guess that means I am starting. I don’t know what that means with playing Tajh, and I don’t care if they do [play Boyd]. If they decide Tajh gives the team the best chance then I will support him.”

It does sound like Dabo was being pretty tough on Kyle (not undeservedly) to the point where he was possibly being shown the door. What Parker says here had to be said if KP is going to contribute to this team in the next month. He's not above the team and he's not above the coach, no matter what his paycheck says right now. Acknowledging that is key.

It may be that Tajh taking over for the bowl gives us the best chance to win. It might also be that the team feels this way, and so it might be a good morale booster. I have no idea. It certainly would be a good move to set up 2011. Regardless, having KP there, whether he starts or not, is good for Clemson. We are ultra-thin at QB after KP and Tajh.

null

Nov 30, 2010, 5:45 PM

Thanks, Kyle for all you have done for Clemson. This year has not been what you or any of us wanted, but I know you gave your all to your team and to Clemson. A lot of fans are disappointed, and, hopefully, are just venting and know deep down that your heart has been in each game.

I wish you the best during the bowl game and in your baseball future.

Way to man up KP......I wish your season had gone better.***

Nov 30, 2010, 5:55 PM

No shame in being a quitter KP. Mr Boyd can take over***

Nov 30, 2010, 6:04 PM

Nov 30, 2010, 6:31 PM

I've been calling for Tajh for several weeks, however, its not because i think Parker quit on the team. I don't feel that way. I believe that he believes that he is giving everything he has, but it should be clear to everyone that he is not. He absolutely has been careful since the Auburn game, though he may not even realize it. Obviously, he has not gotten much help from the receiving corp or offensive coaching staff. I'm not angry at him, just disappointed. I wish him luck in the future, however, there is no reason for him to play another snap at Clemson.

there's a few more INTs left in him yet!!***

Nov 30, 2010, 7:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Nov 30, 2010, 7:10 PM

KP just manned up. Heade a mistake and admitted it. What else could you want ?

Nov 30, 2010, 7:13 PM

KP just manned up. He made a mistake and admitted it. What else could you want ?

Nov 30, 2010, 7:17 PM

You dont just let your team down, you let down your fans. I pulled for Parker since the beginning and thought that he was a asset to the clemson football team, After all this i have to question His loyalty to the team. or is it to the Rockys.Students get a scholarship to play a sport, then when they get an offer to leave cause of money they turn thier back on the team and fans.

Thanks for the apology and giving us an explanation,

Nov 30, 2010, 8:06 PM

but T. Boyd should get the start. It really isn't about winning the bowl game, but about preparing for the future. Why waste a good opportunity just for the hope of going 7-6?

And I will say again, if CDS says KP gives us the best chance of winning, then either TBoyd must be performing VERY poorly in practice, or CDS isn't being honest.

" I am not a crook"

Nov 30, 2010, 9:00 PM

signed,

Trickey ####

READ THIS!

Nov 30, 2010, 9:58 PM

How about some humility...

The last time I checked we were not an elite football program. We want to be one just like many programs around the country, but until we can even fit the part, we must wait for the pieces to fall in place all at once.

Last year we lost some tremendous talent that could carry a program and that most programs will never see. With that said, we have a great defense that would be incredible if it had a great offense at its side. Our offense is very young...our skill positions are freshman and sophomores, but they can become great.

Your comments about KP and Tajh are typical dreamer comments. The second string quarterback, with no experience, is not going to save the day. He must grow like everyone else on the team, with the rest of the team. The 6-6 record is not KP's fault...it is a product of a growing team. Do you remember how excited you were when he came back after signing his baseball contract? We got what we wished for. One player alone is not the answer...this is a team game.

For those who think it is appropriate to single out KP in frustration...he is a competitor and he is a frustrated 21 year old kid that could not live up to expectations, with a inexperienced offense, set by unrealistic fans. Just keep it up and we may never consistently recruit top notch talent...RECRUITS READ THESE BOARDS.

I hope for future recruiting that Tajh does not become next years scapegoat. He has yet to show me a reason to think any different, but maybe the guys around him will grow and elevate his game.

Re: READ THIS!

Nov 30, 2010, 11:05 PM

Good post. Most of the guys posting here act like they have never a mistake and demand perfection from everyone else. Real life is not so simple......

Don't Abandon Our Wounded!

Nov 30, 2010, 11:16 PM

Are we going to abandon the wounded Parker on the battlefield? Heck no! That is not the American way and should not be the Clemson way. He is a Clemson Tiger and he has my full support and should have yours. Should he start the bowl game? That is up to the coaches. Either way he should not be attacked like some of you are doing. Have you never been down and needed support? Remember, we always support the troups no matter how bad the war is going. I look forward to seeing Kyle in the World Series someday.

Dec 1, 2010, 1:21 AM

It was great to see KP come out and clear the air like a man. Im stoked to see he will see things through and finish the season out, it shows professionalism and good character. I believe KP made an honest effort all year, even though the cards were stacked against him with such young and unproven receivers and a green HC/OC. The concussion at Auburn rlly sent the team into a tailspin, and things never seemed to come together after that.

Auburn ko'd plenty of qb's this year, but at least KP finished that game, much like he will finish the seaons; giving his best effort to the team. KP is not a quitter, hes a competitor, and he finishes. Im glad to call him a Tiger, and hope all goes well for him in the future.

Moral of the season; !.Dont schedule Auburn 2. Dont schedule Auburn with a rookie HC/OC. 3. Dont get ur QB killed by putting the game on his shoulder against Auburn when he has nobody to throw to. 4. Make sure your starting QB is at spring practice if u have little to none receiver experience returning if u want any chemistry. 5. Make sure ur starting QB is devoted solely to football so that u dont have to share him with another sport...QB is the single most important position on the team, and you need him there with the team as much as possible...Thanks for giving ur all KP, I woulda loved to see if things turned out a bit better(football wise) if u had stuck solely to football<3

Dec 1, 2010, 8:50 AM

KP is a 21 year old, he's not a professional speaker, nor a pro athlete with basic media savvy just yet. Maybe some of his mannerism's, body language or unscripted comments could have been framed out better, inevitably, people are always going to distort or take them out of context if they choose to do so. I personally do not. I am never happy when a conflict occurs in a program, and the teams dirty laundry should NEVER be aired on the sideline, or in the media, that is a direct reflection on the coaching leadership. Dabo and KP BOTH should have handled their frustration of an underachieving season behind closed doors, or in a internal team forum. KP is NOT to blame for receivers who have the worst hands in the FBS, or the most inept game plans week in and week out of an FBS program, or an OL who didn't give him ample time, or wideouts who couldn't create space, or a poor place kicking game, or a poor long snapper, or inconsistent special teams and defensive LB's and DB's...

People have used his baseball contract in order to demonize him for a pathetic CU season...shallow & jealousy based. Last year he was a "hero", we all prayed he would return this season, his only problem was he was over-hyped by the local/regional orange ink media and those who still live in the past hayday of a one & done championship...do any of the subsequent KP haters think our season really would have turned out measurably different if TB had been under center? NO WAY!

For our upcoming inconsequential bowl game, I think as an attempt to project a class program, institution, and as a show of respect for his being the number 1 QB ALL season, Dabo should start Parker, and if he struggles over the first couple of series, then let Boyd finish the game. FIRST Dabo needs to have KP & TB sit down in his office front & center and lay out how this succession may occur, so no one is surprised. 7-6, or 6-7 is not life and death, or a national ranking matter, however, it could be a pivotal opportunity for Dabo, CU and the returning players/coaches to turn the page and elevate above this years weak season. Honestly, we do not deserve a bowl appearance, but the additionl practice and learning experience for all returning players is a good thing for next years outlook.

Happy Holidays Tiger Nation!

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic