Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Quite the opposite of the Acc is weak argument. Alabama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Quite the opposite of the Acc is weak argument. Alabama

Jan 21, 2019, 8:50 AM

Is built to go head to head with teams like LSU. Whoever runs the ball and stops the ball best wins. And this works until you have a line that can meet you beef for beef and has a dynamic offense. I was a touch worried to be honest because of the passing offense that Alabama had this year. But I was never sold on Tua. I thought that he threw into coverage too much and had more confidence than skill. I’ll actually he say he did better than I thought but I was not surprised that under the Superman outfit lied an ok qb. The Acc while I will never say it’s tough right now brings option game, running attacks, passing attacks etc. each game is a different challenge. An incomplete team can’t win out. Clemson is built to be dynamic. We can win with the run if we have to. We can win with the pass if we have to. We can win even better when we run and pass. We can rely on defense to win games. And when it all comes together almost perfectly, you get a bama ### whoopin’. Not to mention bama is meant to beat you in the first quarter and wear you down. We thrived with the initial attack and their dline is sucking wind at the beginning of the second quarter. Their oline is sucking wind in the third quarter and we have our way with them. I’m actually sad for the sec that no team was good enough to beat THAT.

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, made me feel real good this cold Monday morning.

Jan 21, 2019, 8:58 AM

Thank you for the summation. It was a gift.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Re: Quite the opposite of the Acc is weak argument. Alabama

Jan 21, 2019, 8:58 AM

Agreed. They didn't play an above average passing attack all year until Oklahoma and then us. Fromm and Mond were the 2 best QB's they had to play until the playoff.

Us on the other hand had to play multiple QB's that will end up getting drafted. This list includes Mond from A&M, Jones from Duke, Finley from NC STate, and Dungey from Syracuse.

####, Bentley would have been the 3rd best QB on their schedule.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cmon tell em how you really feel

Jan 21, 2019, 9:23 AM

they have a glaring lack of diversity on the offensive side

Jan 21, 2019, 9:30 AM

of the ball. They are running the old style offenses like the B1G has for years. The B1g is evolving more now but the SEC is stuck in their ways.

Look at UGA for example. They will get zero respect from me, their defense can't stop a good passing attack and they still have the same old dumb predictable play calling on offense. Eventually all these top RB's are going to take notice and come to play for Clemson. Look how much healthier our RB's are and they have outstanding YPC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 9:51 AM

I recall the side line reporter at the cfp said in first qtr that Clemson was sucking air and indicated they were already tired.Second qtr we all saw ala defense with hands on hips and their star Quinnen Williams couldn’t play but one play before going out.Bugger critized him badly in one of the replays I saw

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's snot bugger it's booger.***

Jan 21, 2019, 10:12 AM

Jan 21, 2019, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Quite the opposite of the Acc is weak argument. Alabama ]

I remember hearing the comment in the first quarter that Clemson was already tired. Thought that was crazy at the time and wondered if the reporter was basing that comment on the fact that we were already substituting? And that he didn't know that was our typical style - and that it would burn Alabama later!! -:D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 21, 2019, 10:33 AM

It would be interesting to know if any team has ever had a second quarter against the great Bama defense as the Tigers did in the championship game. The Tigers actually put that game away before the halftime break.

At the end of the first quarter, they said that AL offense

Jan 21, 2019, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Quite the opposite of the Acc is weak argument. Alabama ]

had 25 plays and that we only had 10 plays. They did mention, the commentators at least, that we were on the sideline getting oxygen. But, the fact that their DLine was gassed at the end of 10 plays means things were about to get ugly for them.

Jan 21, 2019, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Quite the opposite of the Acc is weak argument. Alabama ]

It only took Clemson 18:22 min:sec to beat Alabama; 17:10 min:sec to beat Notre Dame; 20:31 min:sec to beat Pitt. Certainly Clemson's best post season ever on top of the best regular season ever.

Jan 21, 2019, 8:13 PM

Which means The Tigers beat the last 3 teams of the season in 56 minutes and 3 seconds. Less than the time it takes to play 1 complete game! Not Bad for little ole Clemson.

some commentator in a game pointed out long ago

Jan 21, 2019, 10:38 AM

that he has a really bad habit of pre-reading coverage and relying on that when he makes throws. Apparently somebody at Clemson was listening.

Nicely stated!***

Jan 21, 2019, 9:34 PM

Yeah I love that SEC Story

Jan 22, 2019, 8:22 AM

The problem is, they can't prove any of it. If you take a look at it in terms of Clemson vs the ACC and Bama vs the SEC the numbers indicate that both teams equally dominated their conference foes. The problem is the narrative persists that Clemson dominated a weak ACC while Bama "battled" through the tough SEC.

Comparing the two over the 8 reg season conference games

Points per Game
Clemson - 47.25
Bama - 46.75

Margin of Victory
Clemson - 35.63
Bama - 33.75

Factor in the conference title games, which is the one argument I put in Bama's favor for a tougher schedule, and it's still pretty close statistically.

Points per Game
Clemson - 46.7
Bama - 45.4

Margin of Victory
Clemson - 35.2
Bama - 30.8

So if you assume Clemson and Bama were equal teams, you'd have to assume Clemson handles Bama's SEC grinder of a schedule just as easily as Bama did. If you go another step and argue Clemson is the better team given the results of the game, you can easily make the case the SEC is no better than the ACC. That each conference had 1 powerhouse, and then a bunch of other teams that were somewhere between good and really bad. My point is, if the SEC were this great conference then Bama shouldn't be dominating it the way we do the ACC. But since they do dominate it so thoroughly, than the SEC is no better than the ACC in terms of providing competition throughout the season.

Jan 22, 2019, 8:27 AM

Tua ability’s to read defense and coverage was exposed. It became very clear in our game that Saban had him throwing to a spot on the field and his recievers were just good enough to get there. The second interception was just insane that he even threw it.

He even gestured touchdown!!

Jan 22, 2019, 8:58 AM

And then realized that his good luck had run out and it was a Tiger that caught the ball that was way overthrown.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Jan 22, 2019, 10:12 AM

Going into the game I thought we'd win by around 12. Lord, I'd hate to try to stop our O. It is a serious case of pick your poison - run, screen, deep pass, short passes - we are better at each than almost anyone, and we have a QB and coaches who know how to select the right poison for the situation. And D? Talk about a wrecking crew and utter chaos in the eyes of a QB. This is going to last a while.

Good post.***

Jan 22, 2019, 10:15 AM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic