Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How rare will be shutouts in 4 team CFP?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,796

How rare will be shutouts in 4 team CFP?

Jul 21, 2017, 10:12 AM

Our 31-0 over OSU was so so sweet! Of 9 CFP games so far there have been 2 shutouts, 38-0 Bama over MSU in 2015 and 31-0 us over mighty OSU. I think so long as CFP stays at 4 teams it may be a loooong time before there is another shutout. MSU was so clearly over matched (I guess as was OSU, big 10 has 2 back to back shutouts, ouch!), we put up 40 on the same Bama team a few days later.

And yet, the pundits have them (OSU) ranking waay ahead of us this year, and what is worse, the recruits at times seem to like the OSU "brand" a still a bit more than ours.

Summer doldrums, just idling!

If we can beat Auburn at home, which I think we will, look out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How rare will be shutouts in 4 team CFP?

Jul 21, 2017, 10:17 AM

May never be surpassed . The point differential maybe , but getting cold-stoned in the CFBP could be , going forward .... more rare than a reliable resume reference for Hugh Freeze .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 21, 2017, 10:22 AM

OSU retuns their QB. If DW was back we would be top three.

Some players prefer OSU over Clemson and vice versa. Their brand is stronger in certain areas and with certain student athletes. Its been a top brand for decades.

But we are right there with them now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2017, 10:26 AM

OSU has a QB?? Hmm news to me..

If DW returned we would be #1

Jul 21, 2017, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Re: How rare will be shutouts in 4 team CFP? ]

And it wouldn't even be a conversation. Unanimous preseason #1

Snowflake Basher........Out

Clemson brand is hotter than OSU now

Jul 21, 2017, 10:28 AM

We are about to poach their #1 target. We've already landed our top 2 targets.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Clemson brand is hotter than OSU now

Jul 21, 2017, 11:50 PM

Clemson is a hotter brand than OSU. Any recruit thinks about the last thing they remember between the two: Clemson shut out the Ohio State out, after taking home the title in January and beating Bama. I understand home state ties, etc. matter with these kids. Either way, Clemson is National Champs, still fresh on the mind of recruits I would imagine.

Quite frequent as long as BIG10 keeps getting teams in CFP

Jul 21, 2017, 10:42 AM

Overrated offenses and defenses in that league.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Quite frequent as long as BIG10 keeps getting teams in CFP

Jul 21, 2017, 12:33 PM

Y'all know the B1G won the first playoff before us or bama did, right? And since we're talking about Ohio State, they return a lot of players and have a new proven OC. It's a safe bet they'll be very good as usual. We can't have our cake and eat it too. Everyone on here trashes them and then bests their chest for the win. If they suck that bad, it wasn't a good win for us. Their offense had one terrible night bag worked great in our favor. That was a #### good football team though. ####, their Defense was on the field for like 2/3 of the freaking game and still gave up less points than Bama's D. Pretty solid if you ask me. I've said it before on here, I respect the #### out of what the Tigers did that night. Ledgendary performance from a Ledgendary team.

Go Tigers.

Yep. He proved he could score 0 points against us with a

Jul 21, 2017, 11:34 PM

veteran QB...

Jul 21, 2017, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Quite frequent as long as BIG10 keeps getting teams in CFP ]

Y'all know the B1G won the first playoff before us or bama did, right? And since we're talking about Ohio State, they return a lot of players and have a new proven OC. It's a safe bet they'll be very good as usual. We can't have our cake and eat it too. Everyone on here trashes them and then bests their chest for the win. If they suck that bad, it wasn't a good win for us. Their offense had one terrible night bag worked great in our favor. That was a #### good football team though. ####, their Defense was on the field for like 2/3 of the freaking game and still gave up less points than Bama's D. Pretty solid if you ask me. I've said it before on here, I respect the #### out of what the Tigers did that night. Ledgendary performance from a Ledgendary team.

Go Tigers.

Jul 21, 2017, 1:34 PM

More like their offense had 2 good games the whole year. They were bad last year and will be again this year. Their QB is horrible. That's with a capital H

Barrett definitely is not horrible. I expect a resurgence

Jul 21, 2017, 1:51 PM

from him this year under Kevin Wilson. He was very good as a FR in 2014, but losing Tom Herman and their top WRs off that team hurt. Ohio State was really good at stretching the field and hitting deep shots in 2014, but we've seen little of that the last two years.

Jul 21, 2017, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Quite frequent as long as BIG10 keeps getting teams in CFP ]

Sounds like you're saying that OSU is no good and probably of the mindset that Hurts is a freshman trash Qb so I'm hearing you say that we just lucked into the championship trophy and didn't earn it? Well, we all know that's not true, so I guess you're just an idiot. Sounds about right.

Jul 21, 2017, 11:48 PM

Just ignore him, go back and look at his many defenses and tantrums about us not giving 31-ohi0 respect when they have never earned it against us all the way back to his hero Woody Hayes who punched a Clemson player because he was a sore loser too!

Just take your whippings and go on!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 22, 2017, 12:10 AM

I Gratuated from CU. I'm betting you didn't, did you, Humble Servant? You ever think that I chime in on posts where we bash legendary programs like OSU and OU because historically we have done little in comparison besides win a couple of games against the recently, yet folks on here act like we've owned college football for 3 decades? Y'all better hope we keep up the momentum or I have a feeling we will be hearing from their base again on Tnet

Jul 22, 2017, 4:36 AM

I don't need to justify who I am first of all but I don't throw a tissy every time somebody brings up the 31-0 slaughter or the big- being overrated or the fact Penn State should have played us in the playoffs because they were the champions.

Nobody is worried about you buckeyes coming here. I have a close friend who went to OSU too, so you guys are easy to spot...hahaha

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 21, 2017, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Quite frequent as long as BIG10 keeps getting teams in CFP ]

Coot

considering in the three total playoff series to date,

Jul 21, 2017, 2:02 PM

two shutouts have occurred in two separate occasions, I'd say the chances of another shutout are more likely than not.

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,796
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic