Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question to all of Tigernet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,548

Question to all of Tigernet

Oct 18, 2019, 2:50 PM

Am I delusional or does the media seem to just not respect Clemson?

I think LSU has beaten bammy once, maybe twice in the last 10 years... Yet every year they seem to conveniently forget that fact and jump on the wagon.

UGA crapped the bed, again, as they do every year after being hyped as the team to beat... and then media goes silent

Oklahoma has not won a significant postseason game since the sugar bowl about 7 years ago...

Meanwhile, Clemson has won 2 of the last 3 national championships, and still gets treated like the red-headed step child. And the SEC is just soooo good that no one can stand up to bama, except Clemson....

Can someone explain this to me like I'm 5 years old please

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ill give it a shot...

Oct 18, 2019, 3:11 PM

...Clemson fan base is small compared to all those other schools who have regional following. Eyeballs=$$$ to ESPN, so they want us out of the picture.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ill give it a shot...

Oct 18, 2019, 4:19 PM

Unfortunately this is true. The college football market is already well represented in the southeast. Clemson success doesn't really increase ESPN's revenue base. Plus they've hitched their wagon to the SEC for the south. That's why you see all the love and over-ratings for those teams and any with a pulse in the Big 10 and 12, and even PAC, just to kindle interest in those market areas. It would help if the ACC had a few more teams rise back up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question to all of Tigernet

Oct 18, 2019, 3:11 PM

That is why we have the ROY Buss...espee n is in love
with the secsuc and we beat their beloved allybama 2
out of 3. We also have beaten most secsuc teams we
have played in recent years..that's a nono.Bottom
line, Clemson is respected by Tiger Nation and that's
all that matters.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are delusional***

Oct 18, 2019, 3:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are delusional***

Oct 18, 2019, 5:11 PM

What does Financial Management (1930) mean?

Oct 19, 2019, 1:10 AM

Means I'm really really really old.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2019, 11:28 AM

That is why I asked. You have to be well over 100 yrs old lol.

it's about attention

Oct 18, 2019, 3:24 PM

they say something to get the fan base roweled up and they get [attention] clicks. Maybe we should just ignore them like Dabo and team does?!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

What's "roweled up"?

Oct 18, 2019, 5:11 PM

Please educate me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Opposite or "roweled down"***

Oct 18, 2019, 5:29 PM

Oct 18, 2019, 5:43 PM

The media is out to get us. It really sucks. Its so tough to be us.

I never have bought into this disrespect,

Oct 18, 2019, 5:43 PM

because the media has been perfectly willing to rank us highly.

Likewise, I give no credit to most analysts, simply because most (like Finebaum) are trying to generate audience numbers and usually have their own preferred programs.

What I do credit are our performances, including appearances in the past four CFP's with two national titles...accomplishments that most all other programs would crawl on their bellies for.

Those two titles in three years speak loudly and clearly enough that you can bet your assss on this: Clemson has been, is now and will be in national championship talk.

Perfect example: I was in Houston and south Texas this summer among a large family gathering, including a cousin who was a successful high school coach. All they wanted to discuss was Clemson football, our destruction of Bama last January, and what their own programs should do to compete.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe it’s because we have flag wavers who wear overalls.***

Oct 18, 2019, 5:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oct 18, 2019, 8:43 PM

"Am I delusional or does the media seem to just not respect Clemson?"
These things are not mutually exclusive.

Oct 18, 2019, 11:18 PM

My take is because of the close call vs UNC. OSU, OU, Bama, LSU have all won convincingly in each of their games against lesser opponents. Some closer than others obviously.

As noted by others, they do not pay attention to when players are being pulled and how subs are being used. You would think they would know after years of Dabo doing this. After all, they are the “experts”. They choose to ignore this though to support their narrative.

Up to this point, looking at the season in a vacuum as there are no points for last year at this point in the season, I would rate us between 3-5. Mind you I think LSU should be 1, Bama or OSU 2-3, and us or OU in the other spot. Now past years performance will matter should there somehow be 5 undefeated teams at seasons end for the committee to sift through. Which there will not be.

Unfortunately, we got stuck with a soft schedule this year due to FSU, the Aggies, the ACC overall, and SC not being very good. You cannot bash schedules for schools that try to put together a solid schedule. Run the table and this will not keep us out.

I love the disrespect and you know the coaches do as well. Keeps the boys with a chip on their shoulder.

I agree with the 20% of the AP voters that still have us #1

Oct 19, 2019, 3:30 AM

that's where I would put is as well. I believe Clemson is the best football team out there and therefor should be ranked number 1.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,548
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic