Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Sunday Update: Hoops at a crossroads, a coaching search and NFL Draft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

New Story: Sunday Update: Hoops at a crossroads, a coaching search and NFL Draft

Jan 22, 2017, 8:01 AM

Sunday Update: Hoops at a crossroads, a coaching search and NFL Draft

Happy Sunday everybody. It’s a day filled with football and basketball and plenty of things to cover, so let’s get started as we take a look at a big day in basketball, the coaching search and some NFL Draft notes.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Sunday Update: Hoops at a crossroads, a coaching search and NFL Draft

Jan 22, 2017, 9:19 AM

One other coaching search that is long overdue is for a basketball coach. Time for Brad to find another job.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Basketball team has to win 9 of last 12 to make Tournament?

Jan 22, 2017, 9:20 AM

That is a tall order, but today should be a confidence builder against a pretty mediocre VaTech team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Basketball team has to win 9 of last 12 to make Tournament?

Jan 22, 2017, 10:11 AM

This "weak" team" mauled Duke at home a few weeks back and also beat UVA. Don't know what you're reading but it isn't telling you much about VA Tech it seems. This is an easy 6th loss for a team that is totally underachieving.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2017, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Basketball team has to win 9 of last 12 to make Tournament? ]

I hope we get a new basketball coach. It is hard to watch them play because they are not consistent from game to game. We have some talented players this year and a potential nba player and the team can't get out of their own way. After watching Clemson get boat raced by georgia tech, that was it for me. B rad needs to get the search party on for a new coach.

Dec 4, 2022, 12:13 PM

I disagree. They HAVE been consistent for decades. No matter who the coach is, no matter who the players are, they always find ways to lose games. Home, away, day, night, ACC, non-conference, favorite (rarely), underdog (mostly), it all makes no difference. The Clemson BBall team has been a bottom feeder for as long as I can remember. The football, baseball, and soccer programs are top notch. Not so the basketball program.

Regarding the 80s, i remember Murray Jarman getting drafted

Jan 22, 2017, 9:35 AM

by the Denver Broncos in the 12th round in the
mid 80s ('84 or '85) even though he didn't play
football as Clemson. Guess that was based on his
athleticism since he was a walk on to the basketball
team after being a Fike star in intramural and pickup
games. Don't think he made the Broncos, but that
would have been quite a story.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A blast from the past, Murray Jarman had amazing hops! The

Jan 22, 2017, 11:28 AM

guy could jump out of the gym. As I recall, his dad was a somewhat famous actor. Wonder what Mr. Jarman is up to these days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Question to Tigernet

Jan 22, 2017, 10:07 AM

Don't give me this, I am happy with who ever Swinney picks. I get that.
But, if you were making 1 coaching hire, WHO DO "YOU" WANT?

Excellent Read on a Nasty Stormy Sunday!!!

Jan 22, 2017, 10:13 AM

While Mr. Hood did not say it. I personally believe DRad is already assembling a List of Potential BB Coaches. We are a 7 point favorite today. As Al Davis used to say: "Just win Baby". Go Tigers!!!!

I meant Football hire, but..

Jan 22, 2017, 10:26 AM

sure BB too.

:)

Re: Excellent Read on a Nasty Stormy Sunday!!!

Jan 22, 2017, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Excellent Read on a Nasty Stormy Sunday!!! ]

Most AD's keep a list of coaching replacements in all sports and update them regularly. Radakovich is too professional and too successful to be behind that curve.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Excellent Read on a Nasty Stormy Sunday!!!

Jan 22, 2017, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Excellent Read on a Nasty Stormy Sunday!!! ]

It's time.I'm not a basketball fan at any level, BUT I am a Clemson Tigers through and through.DRad pulled the trigger and got us a solid hire in Baseball with Monte Lee when fans were shouting NO. So I'm hoping he has finally come to terms that Coach B can't get it done. Time for the change!
GO TIGERS!!!

Re: Question to Tigernet

Jan 22, 2017, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Question to Tigernet ]

Haley, Kugiloski, Burton are my top three but honestly, I would want whoever is BV's top guy. He's earned the right to pick his coaches.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Always questions about what the players need to do but

Jan 22, 2017, 10:24 AM

never what this coaching staff needs to do...,.always get a pass. The coaching staff needs a long "coaches only" meeting and look in the mirror.

"A coaches-only meeting."

Jan 22, 2017, 10:27 AM

I like it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Always questions about what the players need to do but

Jan 22, 2017, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Always questions about what the players need to do but ]

I would think that the coaches have that type of meeting daily. As of late maybe several times daily. Go Tigers, beat the Hokies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Sunday Update: Hoops at a crossroads, a coaching search and NFL Draft

Jan 22, 2017, 11:14 AM

I know for a fact Clemson did not send any overtures to Rumph. His agent likely tosses s that out there to leverage a nice big raise.

Rumph is a liar, it's makes sense that he would hire a lying

Jan 22, 2017, 1:23 PM

agent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rumph is a liar, it's makes sense that he would hire a lying

Jan 22, 2017, 8:18 PM

He's a gamecoot through and through, should never have been allowed past the Pickens county line in the first place.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2017, 2:15 PM

Not worried about the football coaching situation. So far, Dabo has made good decisions and trust that he will do the same this time.

Basketball is another matter. Perhaps I have missed something along the way, but I have never heard a vision for the basketball program. It seems like the plan is to win some games, maybe make a post season tournament and then go on to the next year. In football there was a vision from day 1. Win the division, win the conference, win the national championship. Everything that was done pointed in the direction of the vision. Maybe, just maybe the basketball team has a bulls eye on their back for the conference teams to get back at the football team for winning. Maybe that is the reason everyone is shooting a high percentage against Clemson. Anyway, whether it is Coach Brad or someone else they need to clearly state what the vision is and then work towards it.

regardless of when Andy Headen was drafted

Jan 22, 2017, 5:14 PM

he was one of the greatest all-around athletes ever to play any sport at Clemson,

and went on to be a mainstay in one the greatest LB corps ever in the NFL (still).

Jan 22, 2017, 7:38 PM

BB team isn't at the crossroads. They're on the edge of a cliff.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic