Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question re: tractor. Compact + mower vs. sub compact with drive over mower
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,176

Question re: tractor. Compact + mower vs. sub compact with drive over mower

Apr 3, 2020, 9:09 PM

Question re: tractor. Last year I asked John Deere vs other makes.

It was towards end of summer I think so I wanted to wait until about now to buy one. Question is sub compact vs compact?

My FIL thinks I should get sub compact. Drive over mower. Comes with front end loader and bucket for 20k as well as the drive over mower. Positives: all in one device. Basically I have about 10 acres I’ll have to keep. Maybe 7 or 8 I figure I’ll Bush hog and the other 2 or 3 I’ll keep like a lawn. I’ll have a garden that would be just large enough to be a pain in the butt to till but probably on the small side for a tractor.

My way of thinking is do I want a sub compact that is probably not as good a tractor as a compact and not as good a mower as a mower is. Or should I get a little bit more tractor and get a compact along with a little bit more of a mower in a dedicated mower. Thoughts? Anybody with a sub compact that loves or hates it? TIA!

Message was edited by: lovingit®

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question re: tractor. Compact + mower vs. sub compact with drive over mower

Apr 3, 2020, 9:24 PM

I don't have any answers for you, but I do have an opinion. That a lot to keep up IMO for a sub anything, especially if you need it to last for years down the road. One good thing about having a compact diesel tractor, you can get about any kind of attachments that you will ever need/want to use for them, and taken care of, they will last you your life time without any major cost....

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s kind of what I’m thinking if I’m overworking the subcompact

Apr 3, 2020, 9:27 PM

Will it wear down sooner vs an adequately sized can it last quite awhile if o get the implements I need

Re: That’s kind of what I’m thinking if I’m overworking the subcompact

Apr 3, 2020, 9:34 PM

Sub anything means to me light duty with the exception of a firearm, and light duty being use to keep up that much land will be over worked IMO lovingit. Sub compact is an oversize lawn mower type tractor, that really isn't a tractor at all!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks!***

Apr 3, 2020, 9:36 PM

Re: thanks!***

Apr 3, 2020, 9:45 PM

I can say that if it was me, no doubt I would buy a small tractor with a diesel engine that would be capable of being a tractor. Real tractors are made to work hard and last. One time in my life, I had a small Ford tractor that done anything I needed it to do, and I had it for 20 years, and it was 10 years old when I bought it, and I didn't spend more that a $100 bucks a year in up keep, and it never failed, when I needed it to work, it did just that, and that was often!!! But good luck with what ever you choose!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

Get the bigger one. 1. Will last longer and do more. 2.

Apr 3, 2020, 9:47 PM

Better spend your money fore it disappears into thin air.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2020, 10:23 PM

Kubota compact diesel. Don’t buy something that does everything....never works out! Several options that do a few things great...if you need a loader used skid steer is the best money you will ever spend and can rent attachments after the bucket and pallet forks that come with most.

Apr 3, 2020, 11:13 PM

I have 8 acres and went with a Kubota BX2380 with a loader and love it. I really wanted a bigger tractor but due to our terrain, we have a lot of hills, I went sub compact. The little diesel has a lot of power and does everything I want it to do. I have a post hole digger, six foot belly mower, & disc, and the tractor performs well with all. I will be using the disc in the morning to turn over the garden. I leave the loader attached all of the time. Love my little tractor.

Apr 3, 2020, 11:31 PM

I almost went green for the drive over belly mower but decided to save $5K and go with the Kubota. I always leave the mower attached, no real need to remove it.

Apr 3, 2020, 11:48 PM

Last October I purchased a Kubota L3901. I purchased a grapple with a third function valve with it. Best purchase I could have made. Able to push trees down a foot in diameter. Also have a bucket, Bush hog and box blade with a 18 foot trailer. Make sure they give you a quick connect between bucket and grapple.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,176
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic