Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question re Home Game Day Transportation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Question re Home Game Day Transportation

Jan 30, 2018, 8:43 AM

Hey all, was wondering how robust the Uber scene was between Greenville and Clemson on home game Saturdays? In the past when I’ve come and stayed in Greenville, I just rent a car and drive and drive down and back myself. This year we are heading to the Syracuse game with a large group, and wondering if simply Uber-ing both ways is viable. What’s the word on that these days? Thanks!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question re Home Game Day Transportation

Jan 30, 2018, 8:57 AM

I live in Greenville and have used Uber between Clemson and Greenville multiple times and have never had trouble getting a ride. This is usually on Friday night before the game to get into Clemson for the vibe since we drive with tailgate stuff Saturday morning. However, I know many others who have used it on Gameday. It has certainly become more readily available over the last two seasons and I expect that to continue moving forward. One thing you can do is schedule a ride through the Uber app for pick-up/drop off if you are worried about finding a ride. It looks like you can schedule about a month in advance (day and time). I have never used that part of Uber, but imagine if they offer it, they have figured out how to make it work!

Keep in mind the gameday traffic too. Getting there early would significantly decrease your time in traffic in an Uber. After the game, waiting a while may help as well. Might as well visit a few watering holes downtown and wait for more cars to become available. There likely will be a surge pricing fee due to the demand right after the game too and possibly through the night. However, not having to worry about parking, renting a car and/or driving home is a nice luxury to have. Hope that helps a little...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2018, 9:00 AM

Thanks, appreciate the info! Yes, to clarify, we would intend on heading to Clemson super early on Saturday, and would take our time post-game to imbibe a few downtown afterward ??. In no rush to get back to Gville that evening...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2018, 4:27 PM

No problem... I would say you would be good to go for rides from Uber then! Safety net would be setting them up in advance, maybe once they announce the game time the week before. If not, I think there will be enough rides around anyway. A lot of drivers from Greenville will go to Clemson on gamedays due to the extra people in town, too.

Always good to enjoy some celebration beverages after the games in Tiger Town... Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic