Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for you grill gurus
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Question for you grill gurus

May 13, 2020, 8:39 AM

Easy question. Do you prefer a grate/expanded metal/traditional style or flat top griddle type grill?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If there is juan thing I'm serious about,

May 13, 2020, 8:42 AM

it's meat.

signed, Anonymous08®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Francis, is that you?***

May 13, 2020, 7:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question for you grill gurus

May 13, 2020, 8:46 AM

I prefer the grate and traditional style. Haven't tried the flat top yet. Prefer charcoal over gas on a lot of beef. Fish and poultry on gas. No Match Light or instant charcoal. Seems to leave the fluid taste on the food.

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2020, 9:24 AM

D a m n ! That's impressive!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2020, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Question for you grill gurus ]

all according to what you want, flat-top great for burgers, veggies and breakfast. grill has steaks, ribs, chicken basically meat. ya just cant beat the flavor that charcoal and wood smoke adds. only my opinion..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2020, 9:19 AM

You can buy cast iron flat griddles that fit nicely on the grating. I routinely fry fish in my large cast iron frying pan on my charcoal grill. Makes your grill much more flexible. I also make my own charcoal - much better than Kingford briquettes and easy to make (lots of on-line suggestions). Besides, you can make your charcoal out of oak, hickory, or fruit wood if you have access to the trees - I have acres of hardwoods. If you want the flavor imparted by the wood, then you have to stop the charcoal making process before you get pure charcoal otherwise you lose the wood flavor. You gotta use chunk charcoal to roast whole hogs or goats. Haven't tried large slabs of beef yet. Hope that helps - DistantTiger

May 13, 2020, 9:25 AM

You can buy cast iron griddles that fit nicely on the grating of a grill. I also fry fish in my large cast iron frying pan on my grill. That way you don't stink up the kitchen with the smell of fried fish for several days. I also make my own charcoal - lots of suggestions on-line. That way you can make your own chunk charcoal very useful for roasting pigs on spit or large grill. You can also make your owncharcoal out of oak, hickory, or fruitwoods for great taste; however, you'll have to stop the charcoal making before you get pure carbon otherwise you'll burn off the wood flavor. Making charcoal is a great excuse to drink adult beverages because it takes all day. Hope that helps. DistantTiger

May 13, 2020, 9:46 AM

I got a blackstone griddle a few years ago. Also have a Weber traditional type grill. I use the blackstone 90% of the time. Never thought that would happen but I love the blackstone especially for chicken/fish. If I do steak I typically use cast iron skillet and oven.

May 13, 2020, 10:24 AM

Traditional grate.

As others posted work in a cast iron pan or cast iron griddle plate if/when the need arises.

Grate or other partially-open surface. Don't like "frying".***

May 13, 2020, 11:36 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2020, 2:10 PM

Grate. Been using the GrillGrates on both my gas and charcoal grills and love them. They spread heat evenly.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2020, 2:37 PM

I have both, and use them for different things.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2020, 6:42 PM

I prefer charcoal with a grate for cooking beef and will put a layer of aluminum foil on the upper rack for grilling fish when I'm in the mood for surf 'n turf. The smoke from the steaks flavors the fish nicely.

Did you know Henry Ford was the mastermind behind the spread of charcoal grill usage in America?

https://www.kingsford.com/country/about-us/

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic