Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for tiger fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Question for tiger fans

Aug 29, 2016, 7:31 PM

Just curious, when and why/how did you become a Clemson fan?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question for tiger fans

Aug 29, 2016, 7:40 PM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15 year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims, like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy – the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring, we’d make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds. Pretty standard, really.

So I became a Tiger fan.

Wow such a great story. Thanks for sharing!!***

Aug 29, 2016, 8:06 PM

strange

Aug 29, 2016, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Question for tiger fans ]

mine happened exact same way. except my father was a 15 yr old prostitute and mother was a haberdasher - small world.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Aug 29, 2016, 7:42 PM

I applied to NYU, NC State, UNC, and Clemson.

I decided on Clemson after my 1st choice UNC put me on a wait-list for a semester. I didn't want to wait, and it was the best decision I ever made.

Getting accepted to Clemson changed the trajectory of my life. Been a fan ever since :).

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1967. I asked my best friend " have you

Aug 29, 2016, 8:11 PM

decided where you going next year" He said Clemson I guess. I said ok Im with you.
Best choice ever.
We are still best friends.
His son is a grad. My oldest daughter is a grad and her husband got his Masters and Doctorate from CU. He loves the place. His only nephew just entered. He could have gone to Dartmouth. He chose CU. We were thrilled . Now my son in law and I have to go to every game to check on him. Right.
Also my 2 nephews are grads.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1967. I asked my best friend " have you

Aug 30, 2016, 9:22 AM

Love it, that's a great story. There are a lot of multi-generational Clemson families out there. I know a few like yours that I'm friendly with.

Like you, my Clemson buddies and I are still friends. My son is applying right now for fall of 2017. If he gets in it'll be pretty cool. I've always hoped that at least one child would attend Clemson. I even wrote that on my application back in 1992!

If I had to do it all over again and could go anywhere in the country I'd still go to Clemson. Best place/people on earth!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm related to Thomas Clemson Green and John Heisman***

Aug 29, 2016, 8:09 PM

Aug 29, 2016, 8:13 PM

Billy Hair was a Clemson star...from Walterboro...my Dad was a friend (my Dad never spent a day in college...in fact, came home from WWII and finished HS...think they just wanted him gone) but he was big Clemson fan and eventually an IPTAY rep. I only applied to The Citadel and Clemson. Never set foot on campus till the day they shaved my head and handed an orange beanie...been hooked since...Class of 70...US Army retired...blessed to be a Clemson Tiger!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2016, 8:16 PM

I won a small scholarship that was good for almost a half semester. It had to be used for a SC school. Needless to say, there was no choice! That was in 1956 and that was when I was a fan for life!

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2016, 8:17 PM

Grew up in Powdersville and then graduated from Clemson. I personally never considered another option but I often think about how lucky I am to have grown up here. In my career, I meet people from all over the country that could retire anywhere in the world, but they choose the lakes and mountains for their place of retirement. It reminds me of just how great of an area Clemson is in. Growing up here, it is easy to take for granted. But it's home.

Go Tigers!

Aug 29, 2016, 8:19 PM

I have been a tiger fan my entire life and I owe all the thanks to my Unc Pete!!! my parents are both Gamecock fans.... My Uncle has always been a role model to me and a best friend... he introduced me to Clemson football... Me and him will be side by side watching the Clemson and Auburn game!!!!!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CLEMSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

answer

Aug 29, 2016, 8:21 PM

when I enrolled at CLEMSON !!!!

null

My brother was a Coot

Aug 29, 2016, 8:57 PM

And when I was young and didn't really care I told him I liked Clemson. It irritated him so bad that I decided to continue liking Clemson.

I had no choice

Aug 29, 2016, 9:40 PM

Being that my parents and grandparents (both sides) are alumni.....and my paternal grandfather was faculty/staff and my maternal grandfather is in the Ring of Honor.

Go Tigers

Frank Howard gave my Dad a job on the Clemson staff in 1957

Aug 29, 2016, 10:33 PM

and I was hooked as a small child.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

always then a grad.***

Aug 29, 2016, 10:34 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2016, 10:37 PM

When Nuk committed. Played against him in high school and know him personally. Couldn't stand the Tigers pre Deandre because they would always let me down.... I was a VT fan for some very odd reason, I also had interest in Northwestern football too when I was younger. Don't ask why lol

1957..dribbling Baby Blue Unc Basket Ball in G'ville

Aug 29, 2016, 11:07 PM

having just moved there from Charlotte (DaD had attended Chapel Hole b/4 WW2)..and my new GF in G'ville invited me to join her Brother for a football game at Tigertown. I'd never heard of Clemson!

After walking around the beautiful campus..thru the main Loggia, past the Calhoun Mansion, down the outer Hill, seeing the crowd and hearing Tiger Band playing the Rag & then Tiger Team winning..

I returned home with Orange in my blood & hid my Baby Blue BB..4EVER!

Few years later i graduated from CU as did my Son 25 years later..and our lives have 4EVER been changed for the better! GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2016, 10:40 PM

My grandfather, father, and all of my uncles went to Clemson. My grandfather walked on the football team. My brother and sister also went there. I got accepted in 2003 not long before I graduated high school. Clemson was the only school i applied to while in high school. I have a Clemson hat that says Class of '37 on it. I've been going to games since I was a baby.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic