Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for the oldtimers...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,057

Question for the oldtimers...

Feb 13, 2014, 9:56 AM

Would we be a better team with David Angel and John Williams in the middle or Landry Nnoko and Sidy Djitte? I'd say we are better with the present group because they are a lot more athletic. David Angel and John Williams especially weren't very athletic if I remember correctly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Re: Question for the oldtimers...Dave

Feb 13, 2014, 10:03 AM

was recruited by Dean Smith as I recall. The game was so different then versus now it is tough to say

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:True***

Feb 13, 2014, 1:34 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we were ever any worse inside, I don't want to know...***

Feb 13, 2014, 10:37 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we were ever any worse inside, I don't want to know...***

Feb 13, 2014, 11:35 AM

How about adding Raymond Sykes to this list! When he came to Clemson I wondered what the coaches saw in him. By his senior season, he was my favorite player. Never saw a guy improve that much. Angel was a good player and Clemson had a few big men who played well but never great.

Re: Question for the oldtimers...

Feb 13, 2014, 10:38 AM

I saw and talked to David Angel in a store a couple days ago. I felt like a midgit standing next to him, he is a gigantic man and very friendly! He still very much loves his alma mater. I feel the game is just too much different to make that type comparison. Angel was a great player in his day!!

We'd be better off with Elden and DD***

Feb 13, 2014, 10:42 AM

Re: No doubt.***

Feb 13, 2014, 1:35 PM

Re: Question for the oldtimers...

Feb 13, 2014, 11:01 AM

Big men in that time didn't need to be super athletic--being big was good enough! Different era=different needs. The game has changed!

We were a terrible hoops program at that time and

Feb 13, 2014, 12:38 PM

Dave Angel wasn't a highly recruited big man. He was the best big man that Clemson could recruit and he played hard for the Tigers for 4 years. This is not to disrespect Dave Angel or any other Clemson player, but facts are facts. I don't think Dave Angel would have been any better inside as a frosh or soph today than Landry Nnoko. Now Tree Rollins? That would be a different situation altogether ... :)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We were a terrible hoops program at that time and

Feb 13, 2014, 1:32 PM

I remember Tree didn't stay in his first game very long against Auburn due to foul trouble, but we won easily. The next night against St. Johns, he really dominated with something like 22 points and double digit rebounds. Wayne Croft took up a lot of space in the middle then also.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,057
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic