Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for season ticket holders...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Question for season ticket holders...

Sep 22, 2015, 11:59 AM

Having not been out of school very long coupled with the simple fact I haven't been able to afford them more than likely....what are the iptay dues and total cost to get season tickets? I have been pretty lucky even with big ganes just knowing ppl with extras but for these bigger games would like to know I have them in advance...thanks

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question for season ticket holders...

Sep 22, 2015, 12:09 PM

http://www.iptaycuad.com/fls/28500/pdf/tickets/2012-13/seat_equity_plan_brochure.pdf?SPSID=704658&SPID=117828&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=28510

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Sep 22, 2015, 12:13 PM

So what determines if you get say the lower level orange or upper level? And what are the season ticket prices on top of those? So basically you pay that donation and the season ticket packages are about the same price?

Did you graduate? Know how to use the interwebs?

Sep 22, 2015, 12:10 PM

http://www.iptaycuad.com/fls/28510/pdf/2015IPTAYBenefitsChart.pdf?&SPSID=704658&SPID=117828&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=28510

Re: Did you graduate? Know how to use the interwebs?

Sep 22, 2015, 12:16 PM

I did...but very annoying trying to navigate on the cell...I appreciate the help ...that makes sense...just asking sense I know there were many on here that figured would be able to throw out some numbers...thanks again

Sep 22, 2015, 12:18 PM

Note. The donation makes you ELIGIBLE to purchase tickets. It does not guarantee they will be available at that level

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ok here goes......those are the IPTAY dues for each section

Sep 22, 2015, 12:23 PM

you pay that amount for the opportunity to buy season tickets at whatever the value is for that year (this year it was $340 per set I believe). You accumulate priority points for length of giving, giving amount, etc. etc. which allows you to get better seats. You will have to start in the less desirable seats (unless you really come off the hip and impress someone with your ALL IN-ness....lol). You may start in the upper deck and work your way down to the lower deck with enough years and enough dough each year but you will get there....but not without starting first. Good luck and GO TIGERS!

Re: ok here goes......those are the IPTAY dues for each section

Sep 22, 2015, 12:30 PM

Thanks !!

You have to donate that amount per ticket.

Sep 22, 2015, 12:42 PM [ in reply to ok here goes......those are the IPTAY dues for each section ]

So if you want 2 tickets in the $400 section, you will have to donate at least $800 and then hope there are 2 seats available in that section.

If there are 4 seats, the person with more points will get the better seats.

Or you can make a friend in iptay. The good ole boy system is alive and well in iptay.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Ok. Since you don't want to look it up

Sep 22, 2015, 12:23 PM

It basically breaks down like this:

A season ticket for 2015 was $330; multiply this by the number of tickets you want.

Look at the seat equity chart, take that same number of tickets and multiply it by the per seat donation.

This will give you an idea of what IPTAY donation you will need to make. I think the minimum donation is something like $180 and will allow you to purchase 2 season tickets, but they won't be in very good locations.

Once you've made your donation, you pay for your season tickets and fill out a request for your seat location and parking location.

If you meet the per seat requirement for an area you have a chance to get in that area, but folks who have more priority points will always trump your request.

The IPTAY office can help you out if you are interested in donating, they appreciate every penny.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

Re: Ok. Since you don't want to look it up

Sep 22, 2015, 12:31 PM

I appreciate it

Due to demand you will be in the upper unless you give alot

Sep 22, 2015, 12:48 PM

I know someone who started three years ago, his donor level is HOWARD ($2400) plus the four tickets he buys $1360 (4x$340) and seatbacks $240 (4x$60). That means his total cost is $4000 ($2400+$1360+$240). The seats assigned to him are Upper Deck, North Stands, 3rd Row, Over the Endzone (behind the band but in the upper deck). His parking pass is at Sikes.

I know another person that was in IPTAY since 2005. They give $400, two tickets ($680), seatbacks ($120) for a total of $1200. They sit in the lower deck West End Zone three rows from the top, parking in Brooks Center.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For a supporter, figure on anywhere from $600/seat and up.

Sep 22, 2015, 12:44 PM

For a REAL FAN, figure on about $3k/seat and up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Iptay at least $350 to order & tickets were $330 per..Approx***

Sep 22, 2015, 12:54 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$1100.00 for 2 tickets and seat equity = Upper Deck.

Sep 22, 2015, 1:27 PM

Your seats would be about 10-15 rows up on the back of the end zone line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on a few things

Sep 22, 2015, 1:35 PM

What school did you go to? If you didn't go to Clemson, don't bother. You aren't a real fan. And you'll have a hard time affording things.

If you went to Clemson, then you have 2 choices:
1-Contribute about $1500/year and basically get the ticket/parking equivalent of using a city bus for transportation. Oh, and you'll need another $75 for a low grade pair of comfortable walking shoes to help you walk many miles on your commute from your '04 Camry to your upper deck seats.
2-Contribute more than most folks earn in a year, and join me at the Avenue of Champions for parking and sit close enough to hear Boulware go on rants normally made by murderers on LSD through Brent V's headphones. Well it won't be just me, but a few of my frat bros and at least one of my girlfriends (wife NEVER goes).

Nothing personal, just a lesson in economics and social status.

Probably the 'ol IF YOU HAVE TO ASK YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT saying applies here.

Sep 22, 2015, 2:47 PM

Less than half of the 80,000 seats in Death Valley are season ticket holders, so you should not have a problem getting tickets...However, getting tickets where you want and decent parking may be a problem, if you are not willing to shell out some cash. Season tickets typically cost around $300 / $350. Then you have to add the IPTAY donation to each ticket for the section you desire.

For example, if you want 50 yd line lower deck, the IPTAY fee is $750 per seat (+ the cost of the season ticket.) If you are OK sitting in the upper deck, the IPTAY fee is $180 per seat (+ the cost of the season ticket.)

Also, I am pretty sure season tickets go on sale to the public after all IPTAY orders have been fulfilled. Meaning you could buy season tickets without being a member of IPTAY. Just know the seats will most likely be in the corners of the upper deck and you will not have reserved parking. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Sep 22, 2015, 2:48 PM

Also, call the IPTAY office, they can tell you exact costs, where your tickets would be on each level of giving as well as the probability of getting tickets in certain areas.

Sep 22, 2015, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Question for season ticket holders... ]

Your sarcasm font is broken

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2015, 3:54 PM

To tie into the original question - something that we've been wondering about for a while...

So, my FIL is a looooong time donor and has some extremely sweet seats that he's held on to for many years. I don't know exactly what he spends per year, but we've had some talks about it and it's up there. He's transitioning into retirement and is scaling back on some things. My fiancee and I, the past few years, have been purchasing half of his seat allotment from him directly, minus the IPTAY fees. (We just cut him a check every spring for the cost of tickets). Those seats have been in their family for many years and even me - I've sat there for 15 years now; that's home to me/us.

In the event something were to happen to him, does anyone know - would it be possible for us to just roll his name/points into a trust or child's name or something? We don't mind the fees - we would continue paying his annual dues at this point, but we don't want to lose that spot, have to start all over and work our way back down. Has anyone had any experience in this? He's still perfectly healthy and with no plans to give up on IPTAY or those tickets, but it's something that we'd like to work on and go ahead and transition to, while he's still alive and well. But we have a feeling if we approach it with IPTAY they'd just tell us that we're out of luck.

Sep 22, 2015, 6:45 PM

My understanding is you'd be out of luck. I had a coworker years ago who went in with some classmates and formed an LLC to allow for flexibility. Recently I met a fellow whose father had his same name, so he still enjoys the benefits of his father's membership even though he's passed. Matter of time on that one.

WL

Officially No

Sep 22, 2015, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Question for season ticket holders... ]

According to the statements IPTAY/Clemson makes there is no mechanism to pass season ticket from one person to another. That said there are a lot of dead people (as in deceased) that have season tickets in Death Valley.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How recently graduated?

Sep 22, 2015, 6:33 PM

One thing to consider is IPTAY has a Young Alumni program for new graduates. For basically 3-4 years it reduces your IPTAY giving for a given level while you are newly employed (hopefully) and starting your "real world" life and budget. I forget all the particulars, but it goes something like 10% the first year, 25% the second year, 50% the third year and then full IPTAY level. My son graduated in 2012, and started at the then-$1400 level (costing IPTAY dues of $140 that year). This year was the last year he gets discounted dues (I think they were 50%). Tickets are regular price.

It can help you start at a higher IPTAY level than you might otherwise be able to stomach immediately, with the plan that you'd eventually be able to afford to stay there or either reduce your level. But as long as you meet the seat equity price point, you'd keep you seats most likely.

Just a thought...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like retirement savings, start early and give what's

Sep 22, 2015, 6:53 PM

comfortable. If you get distracted with kids and youth sports like I did, and let your membership remain dormant for 12 years, you'll have to wife a big check for seats in the south lower. Thank goodness for company gift matching!

WL

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic