Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for Season Ticket holders
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,588

Question for Season Ticket holders

Oct 22, 2014, 10:00 AM

I am finally in a position to be able to donate to IPTAY and get football season ticket for the family for 2015. I have 2 children (3 and 7) who will be going to the games with me. This year we sat in the end zone and really enjoyed it. There was easy access in and out as well as to concessions. I am looking for insight on if it is worth extra investment to go into the Champion over Orange level. As a second question is there any reason to up to Tiger. I would like a shorter walk from parking spot considering I will have two children. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i am at Tiger strictly for the parking

Oct 22, 2014, 10:13 AM

Having a numbered spot in lot 10 while not the best for tailgating all the time, is definitely great. I have to work some Sat mornings so it's great to know for a 3:30 or 7:00 game I can roll right in and have my spot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Question for Season Ticket holders

Oct 22, 2014, 10:13 AM

You should look at which parking lots are "assigned" to the different levels before you make a decision. Just remember that a good year will have more folks in IPTAY competing for the spots. As for season tickets, that is a crap shoot. Again, a good year will make for more renewals next year and less available seats. Since you need 4 seats together, it will be harder to get than just 2. The best thing is to give as much as you can afford and see how it turns out. It is REALLY hard to predict seating and parking.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2014, 10:15 AM

I have sat in the West for over 30 years and personally wouldn't trade my tickets for 50 yard lower deck. The shade is priceless for the early games and its easy to reach concessions and restrooms with reasonable lines. I have upped my donation only to get better parking however. The trick is they cannot guarantee that for you - just like seats you could up your donation and end up in the same place.

Oct 22, 2014, 10:58 AM

Same here. We have sat in the West End zone for over 20 years and love the early shade for those September games and the easy access; we would not trade it for anything. We give at the Tiger level for parking (like others have said, it is nice to have a numbered space so you don't have to worry about getting a spot if you are running late). Also remember that the higher your donation level, the more points you accumulate each year.

Oct 22, 2014, 10:19 AM

Thanks I appreciate advise

Upgrade to Heisman level and park really close !!***

Oct 22, 2014, 10:43 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so 4 season tickets?

Oct 22, 2014, 12:06 PM

You will have to donate 4 times the seat cost. In the area you are looking for. That will put you in whatever donation level required.

General west end zone is 120 so you will need to donate 480. Anything over that will be to get a better parking spot.

Also keep in mind that even if you donate more , you may not get westendzone seats. You will have to get lucky to have 4 seats free up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: so 4 season tickets?

Oct 22, 2014, 7:10 PM

Thanks. That helps clear it up for me.

New IPTAY Member wanting 4 tix together?

Oct 22, 2014, 7:33 PM

I seriously doubt you will get 4 lower bowl seats as a new donor giving Tiger or below. Giving the required seat equity does not guarantee you a seat in that area. It only guarantees you can KEEP the seats you already have there. For the past several years, Clemson as had over 92% renewal. That means that only 8% of the 80,000 seats are available for reassignment. Some, if not most, of those 6,400 will go to IPTAY veterans who have sat in the upper deck for years and looking for better seats. Now, for what's left, you'll have to wait behind all of the Riggs, Heisman, Fike, McFadden, Jervey, IPTAY, Howard, Tiger and Champion donors. You will have no points for historical contributions, so you'll be at the bottom of a long list.

I would strongly suggest that you call the IPTAY office and ask what type of seats new donors received last year who gave at your intended level. I just don't want you to have unrealistic expectations.

Your best bet is to wait until Clemson (or economy) has a down year, then give your first year at a level much higher level than you plan to keep up. Then on the 2nd year, reduce your contribution to fit the area of your seats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New IPTAY Member wanting 4 tix together?

Oct 22, 2014, 7:40 PM

^^^ This is the best plan for you.

Set your expectations low. In terms of how you donate decide what's more important --- where you sit, or where you park. If you want a numbered spot, you'll have to donate at the accommodating level and even then, remember that points win. I agree with the above poster. Set a level you're comfortable with knowing that you're not going to go in with much. Keep on giving at that level or better and collect points.

It's a tough spot. Luckily for us, my husband started donating when he graduated and never stopped, even when we couldn't buy season tickets. So we racked up the points and that helps a lot. Good Luck!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,588
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic