Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about the blind side block Tee did as the LSU guy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Question about the blind side block Tee did as the LSU guy

Jan 14, 2020, 5:38 PM

was tackling our player.
The LSU player was probably a yard away from making the tackle. Higgins blocked him and refs call blind side block. Was that the correct call?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question about the blind side block Tee did as the LSU guy

Jan 14, 2020, 5:41 PM

I didn’t think so bc the hit was from the front if you rewatch. We got hosed on some calls but I’m giving LSU props. They made plays and we didn’t . We will be back.... they won’t. Go Tigers ! Clemson that is ...

I didn’t think so bc the hit was from the front if you rewatch. We got hosed on some calls but I’m giving LSU props. They made plays and we didn’t . We will be back.... they won’t. Go Tigers ! Clemson that is ...

You can say that again

Jan 14, 2020, 5:45 PM

Nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Jan 14, 2020, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Question about the blind side block Tee did as the LSU guy ]

You cant say we got hosed on some calls and then say I am giving Lsu props!
Your the bandwagon fan that just needs to start pulling for north carolina football

Jan 15, 2020, 10:22 AM

"You cant say we got hosed on some calls and then say I am giving Lsu props!" - Uh, YES, Yes he can say that and it makes perfect sense. Do you even football dude?

BTW: the call was bad but the ESPN expert on calls said the call was correct, but Tee hit him from the front. However, the defender was not looking that way, so I guess he might be defenseless, so maybe that's the caveat that I don't understand. Personally, If I were Tee, I would have tried to knock the defender into next week.

Jan 15, 2020, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Question about the blind side block Tee did as the LSU guy ]

Dude, what are you talking about. One can say we got hosed on some calls and still give LSU props.

might as well be flag football at this point***

Jan 14, 2020, 5:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looked like a good block to me

Jan 14, 2020, 5:51 PM

but then, my football was played 55 years ago with less stringent rules. Without cut blocks, chop blocks, high/low blocks, crack back blocks and leg whips, I couldn't have made the team.

Today's referees are taught by ballerinas with skirts.

Re: Looked like a good block to me

Jan 14, 2020, 10:10 PM

They sure aren't taught to call offensive holding (like on #70 and #77 for LSU).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looked like a good block to me

Jan 15, 2020, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Looked like a good block to me ]

Completely agree. The culture has changed. We have become soft. Granted, players are bigger and stronger. They s as Lao have better equipment and conditioning than we did 50 yrs ago. Having said that, as a traditionalist I hate some of the newer rules. Targeting is the absolute worst. The call isn’t as bad as the penalty. Disqualifying a player is over reacting for an unintentional infraction. In the old days many players would lead with the head, helmet making a tackle.

The rule isn’t as bad as the penalty. Ejection is over reaching, over reacting.

It was iffy but could be called a crackback block.

Jan 14, 2020, 5:53 PM

Can't fault the officials for trying to keep people safe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was the correct call. They changed it a few years back

Jan 14, 2020, 5:54 PM

Oh well. Sucks just the same.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 6:01 PM

YES THAT WAS CORRECT CALL!

Jan 14, 2020, 6:02 PM

I think it was correct or incorrect. It was a tweener call.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 6:09 PM

50/50 call that didn't effect the outcome.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 6:32 PM

Usually if there was a question they call it. Similarly, on a running into the kicker versus roughing the kicker call, if there is a question it is "roughing".

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While the block may have been from the "front" at the point

Jan 14, 2020, 6:39 PM

of the block, the offended player did not see the blocker until the block occurred. If the blocker were to have used open hands and pushed the other player (achieving the same affect), there would have been no call.

Did Amari see the guy slam his back 3 sec after the ball

Jan 14, 2020, 6:51 PM

went by?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: While the block may have been from the "front" at the point

Jan 14, 2020, 10:06 PM [ in reply to While the block may have been from the "front" at the point ]

It was a clean block. Bad call

Re: While the block may have been from the "front" at the point

Jan 15, 2020, 8:58 AM

The player turns his head to look at Higgins before the block and Higgins did not put everything into the block...he could have knocked him out of the game if he'd wanted...go to the NCAA website and look up the rules on blindside blocking, targeting etc...there are even great videos of what is and what isn't...PAC 10 officials must not watch NCAA videos!

I cringed when I first saw it, then flag was thrown.***

Jan 14, 2020, 10:12 PM

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Jan 15, 2020, 9:50 AM

So does the offensive and defensive players have to be looking each other in the eye to block each other? I just don't get the rule. I thought a clipping call was to keep players from getting blind sided.
And what about the hit on Amari #3? Is there still an unnecessary roughness penalty in college football? That pass had sailed over the guys head, the defender took 2 more steps, and then nailed him. I know it was not targeting, but what about UR?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jan 15, 2020, 10:49 AM

I saw a block in the back on Nolan Turner on one of Butrows long runs that wasn't mentioned.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic