Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about the OL?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 829

Question about the OL?

Oct 27, 2013, 3:57 PM

I know they haven't been great but did they really play that bad yesterday? We had a back rush for over 160 yards and a QB rush for over 50 yards. Our QB didn't even try and run for two quarters. The turnovers kept this game close early. Clemson's three biggest problems if you ask me are the play of the safety I think he is playing out of position and should be moved to corner. Not having a power back this is killing us on short yardage and inside the 10. Boyd is able to pick up short yardage because he can move the pile we don't have a back that can do this right now. Then the middle of the OL mainly center the bad snaps are killing the timing plays. Two of these things can be fixed this year the power back will have to wait until next year... Unless we move a TE who played running back in HS to RB on short yardage..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question about the OL?

Oct 27, 2013, 4:49 PM

I would answer your question by telling you to go back and watch the game again. YES, they ar playing that poorly on the ol. The run blocking looks the same as pass blocking...stand up...no push at all...defenders pushing them 2-3 yards backwards. This is also hurting tajh with his passes as he feels pressure ALL the time and has now become erratic. It is horrendous. As I said, do as I just did...go back and rematch the game.

Re: Question about the OL?

Oct 27, 2013, 5:05 PM

You wanna see how a line is to function check the Alabama -UT game. They are why the Tide won't lose this year....our line can't run block...which was the biggest problem in the old Mouse Davis run and shoot offenses...for us to take the next step Morris has to get serious about running the ball and successful at it

but for the immediate future we need the pass to open

Oct 27, 2013, 5:11 PM

up the running game.

It all depends on how you look at it

Oct 27, 2013, 5:15 PM

if you wanna keep being average, like we've been from
92-2010. Then our OL played pretty descent.

But if you're trying to get to the next level, and show
you deserve to be one of the elite teams in the nation,
then we probably looked like crap on the OL.

Personally...
for me, I think the OL is our biggest problem right now.

Replies: 4
| visibility 829
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic