Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New rivals rankings!! LINK
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

New rivals rankings!! LINK

Jan 19, 2015, 11:50 AM

Cain - 5*
Wilkins - 5*
McCloud - 5*

But Hyatt dropped to a 4*! ###?!

Either way still gained a 5* player by Wilkins and Cain becoming 5*..

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/commitments/2015/13-1

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New rivals rankings!! LINK

Jan 19, 2015, 11:51 AM

Yeah that's garbage Hyatt dropped so much. Should have 4 5*s.

Typically there's only so many 5 star players and when

Jan 19, 2015, 11:54 AM

a few guys get bumped up, a few others get dropped down. I don't know why they chose to drop Hyatt down, but i wouldn't worry about it.

Re: Typically there's only so many 5 star players and when

Jan 19, 2015, 11:56 AM

Yeah some have to get dropped, but Hyatt went from 18th overall to 45th. There are 34 5*s, surely he could have stayed in the top 34. That's a big drop for no real reason.

He bad an average week at the UA game.

Jan 19, 2015, 12:58 PM

Recruiting sites put a lot of emphasis on those weeks.

247 dropped Jameis Winston to 4* after is average all star week.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Yep,

Jan 19, 2015, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: New rivals rankings!! LINK ]

Now considered the 45the best prospect overall..

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Mitch-Hyatt-143422;_ylt=AuGqXxjyNbp3AfWfcNvC_41DPZB4

Fruhmorgen moved up a few spots though...

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Jake-Fruhmorgen-149981;_ylt=AjjD.nFUX_uj7opcisglJUBDPZB4

Wish they would update the team rankings***

Jan 19, 2015, 11:52 AM

Re: Wish they would update the team rankings***

Jan 19, 2015, 11:55 AM

They won't til tomorrow probably, after the whole top 250 is done. Top 100 today, 250 tomorrow. Glad we got 7 in the top 100 tho.

Re: Wish they would update the team rankings***

Jan 19, 2015, 12:32 PM

The team rankings auto update with player ranking changes. So they will reflect updated yet incomplete data today. Team rankings will be complete by the end of the week.

null

Jan 19, 2015, 11:54 AM

Thats becaues that would have put us as 4 five star players...and right there with FSU and Bama...That would be a fckn travesty for recruiting!!!!!! So Mitch had to suffer from it for some godly reason? LMAO...He has gotten better later in the season this year and didnt do a thing to lose his 5th star...unreal

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Bama went from 6 5-star players to 4 so I dont

Jan 19, 2015, 11:57 AM

think your theory holds much water. We actually gained one, they lost two.

Mitch had to take one for the team... The consolation is

Jan 19, 2015, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: New rivals rankings!! LINK ]

Clemson will have three 5* commit on Signing Day....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Ray Ray still signs with us***

Jan 19, 2015, 11:59 AM

Don't go PsychoTic on us...***

Jan 19, 2015, 12:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder if it has anything to do with enrolling early.

Jan 19, 2015, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: New rivals rankings!! LINK ]

There is no more 5 star signing day splash for Rivals. I wouldn't be surprised if any other 5 start early enrollees had the same fate. Also I WOULD be surprised if the % of 5 stars that are uncommitted did not go up in the new rankings.

The other issue is this may be the update for the

Jan 19, 2015, 12:21 PM

All star games. Keep in mind (forget the name - Culliver maybe) but the SC commit that was a 4 star DB, caught a pass during practice in the all star game and became a 5 star WR. He went to SC and got moved back to DB. Seems like he was a good DB at SC.

I remember they interviewed the kid's HS coach about he could have overlooked the kid's WR talent, and the coach said something to the effect of the recruiting services are idiots, that he watched the kid for years in practice, and he was not a WR.

No, I read somewhere that Hyatt simply hadn't "improved" as

Jan 19, 2015, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: New rivals rankings!! LINK ]

much as some expected this year as a senior. He was rated as a 5-star his junior year, but hasn't put on quite as much weight/muscle as was anticipated this year. He's still considered #### good, of course, and I'm guessing a "high 4 star" if he falls any at all. But when you're considered an elite 5-star, it doesn't take much to slip a little bit. He'll be fine.

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

I don't think he'll be playing basketball as much anymore.***

Jan 19, 2015, 12:25 PM

Re: No, I read somewhere that Hyatt simply hadn't "improved" as

Jan 19, 2015, 12:31 PM [ in reply to No, I read somewhere that Hyatt simply hadn't "improved" as ]

Yeah, not not much difference in .1 and .0, just politics.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, I read somewhere that Hyatt simply hadn't "improved" as

Jan 19, 2015, 12:55 PM [ in reply to No, I read somewhere that Hyatt simply hadn't "improved" as ]

Yeah think they wanted to see him around 290 but was still 270 plus. He will put on tons of weight now he is in the program.

oh boy, did somejuan tell the staff?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEVEN guys in the top 100

That's pretty good! We'll have over a baker's dozen in the top 250 tomorrow. What a class! Great job Tony Scott! Or was it Jeff Elliot. I get those two confused now. Which one recruits and which one calls plays again?

Question about Tucker Israel for you Recruitniks....

Jan 19, 2015, 11:56 AM

I've seen the numbers he put up during his HS days in Fla.....they're nearly mind-boggling....is his getting only a "3Star" rating a reflection of his lack of size or speed or the level of competition he competed against?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both

Jan 19, 2015, 11:57 AM

They don't feel like he'll ever be an elite QB at the college level. They're probably right, but he is a luxury for next year. Brandon Streeter is going to love working with this kid.

Re: Question about Tucker Israel for you Recruitniks....

Jan 19, 2015, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Question about Tucker Israel for you Recruitniks.... ]

If I am not mistaken, he competed in the highest level of Florida High School football right?

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

7A..... Florida goes up to 8A, but still.....***

Jan 19, 2015, 12:00 PM

Re: 7A..... Florida goes up to 8A, but still.....***

Jan 19, 2015, 12:30 PM

Yea I know...

Who knows...they obviously saw something

He lost a star during the summer

Jan 19, 2015, 12:33 PM

after committing to Clemson in May. What was there to see during the summer ?

Jan 19, 2015, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Question about Tucker Israel for you Recruitniks.... ]

Lack of arm strength and measurables.

Jan 19, 2015, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Question about Tucker Israel for you Recruitniks.... ]

It's because he committed to the Tigers. Had he gone to any SEC team, he would be a 5 star. Just logic.

7 in the top 100 is real solid though..

Jan 19, 2015, 12:01 PM

Cain - 17
Wilkins - 21
McCloud- 23
Hyatt - 45
C Smith - 48
Fruhmorgen - 73
Huggins - 88

Ferrell just missed it at 112 - had he not been injured he would probably moved up.
A Bryant - 144
Williams - 156
K Bryant - 187

Re: 7 in the top 100 is real solid though..

Jan 19, 2015, 12:34 PM

Top 250 hasn't been released yet. The guys outside of your 100 are still the old rankings. Updates tomorrow.

null

Jan 19, 2015, 12:02 PM

That's laughable...Mitch Hyatt, the #16 overall recruit is a 4*, while Christian Wilkins, the #58 overall recruit is a 5*. Sounds like coot logic to me.

Check again..

Jan 19, 2015, 12:03 PM

They just hadn't updated the overall ranking... He's # 45.

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Mitch-Hyatt-143422;_ylt=AuGqXxjyNbp3AfWfcNvC_41DPZB4

Re: Check again..

Jan 19, 2015, 12:08 PM

Gotcha...that's wierd, 5 mins ago the list was all out of sorts. IMO, Fruhmorgen will be the better OL prospect when it's all said and done anyway. Kid is a stud, and already has great hands and feet.

I think you are right..

Jan 19, 2015, 12:16 PM

Fruhmorgen looks the part and seems to have more potential in filling out his body. Same thing with Noah Green, he's big already!

Re: I think you are right..

Jan 19, 2015, 12:18 PM

It sucks the coot now have the number 1 player in the state.

Yep, but thats the only thing they

Jan 19, 2015, 12:29 PM

can brag about right now in recruiting cuz we are blistering them! 1 in the top 100 to our 7! I mean come on - They are tied with the traditional powerhouses of Pittsburgh, Arizona St, North Carolina and Mississippi State with 1 in top 100, and are behind the almighty NCST who has 2... Haha, the coots suck and they know it!

TOP 100 - up and downs

Jan 19, 2015, 12:05 PM

https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1726527

Mitch Hyatt demotion ... he's already on campus and old news

Jan 19, 2015, 12:49 PM

... to the recruiting gurus who make money off of "creating news" ... for instance, who is the only top OL who is still uncommitted and where is he ranked? It's Martez Ivy who is actually even more underweight for his height than Hyatt, but he's still "in play" with recruiters, so he's a hot commodity.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2015, 1:14 PM

They can drop ""ALL THE STARS"", if they want ???-- Trust the coaches to get what we need and the rest will take care of itself !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have 4 Stars**** transferring and leaving the program,for lack of playing time**** What an awesome situation to be in !!!! GO TIGERS !!!

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic