Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about StubHub
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,988

Question about StubHub

Nov 13, 2018, 10:15 AM

I have been seeing a lot of people post about fake ticket issues this season. Is StubHub a safe bet in buying tickets? TIA

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question about StubHub

Nov 21, 2018, 10:12 AM

Stub Hub tickets are verified through the schools database, so you can purchase with confidence there. I have purchased and sold through Stub Hub and have never encountered a problem.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 10:14 AM

Stubhub is safe. If you have any issues you can call them and if they can’t work it out you’ll get a full refund.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

StubHub is safe, but there is a small, rare issue

Nov 21, 2018, 10:34 AM

If you buy a ticket for an event, and ticket prices suddenly skyrocket due to popularity, the seller could cancel the sale, claiming they "mistakenly" listed it at the wrong price. So if you're not in possession of the original physical ticket, you could find yourself sitting home.

StubHub will make an effort to compensate the buyer with a comparable ticket. If they feel the comparable ticket is too pricey, they'll try to "compensate" the buyer with a discount, and a fair amount of hell-raising is necessary to get them to cough up a ticket at no additional cost.

In the end, it is possible (although in most cases unlikely) that you could wind up with a cancelled sale and no ticket.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stubhub is safer than buying a ticket outside the stadium!

Nov 21, 2018, 11:32 AM

If you buy a ticket on Stubhub and get the tickets delivered via email, Stubhub will have already cancelled the original barcode on the ticket the seller had and issued you a new one. If the seller tries to use his original ticket, it will come up void, while the ticket and barcode you purchased will be valid at the gate. If you get hard copy tickets through Stubhub via snail mail and they do not get you into the event, Stubhub will make it right for you.

I have bought and sold tix via stubhub and I think they are completely reliable. For big events like Playoff games, there will be lots of counterfeit tickets being sold and the fake tix will look to be PERFECT. Buyer beware when buying tix on the street from scalpers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep - the transferring of bar codes has made it impossible

Nov 21, 2018, 12:58 PM

to KNOW you have a good ticket until it actually gets scanned at the gate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 11:20 AM

I trust StubHub. This past weekend I had an issue with the tickets I purchased from StubHub. For some reason the barcodes did not read at the gate. They said void. I called up my StubHub account and used the barcode from the site. We were able to get in. Plus the guarantee that StubHub has.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 11:40 AM

Never had an issue. Just wait to buy until the day of or night before to get the best price. A week ago people had lower bowl tickets going for $500 and now they are below $300...some have even hit $200 already but those are getting bought pretty quickly.

Nov 21, 2018, 11:44 AM

I have never any problems. On a different note which side and endzone of the stadium is Clemson, so I can buy tickets on StubHub.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 12:52 PM

Reliable, and safe, but a huge ripoff.

$75 for 2 tickets will turn into $200 when you finally get to the checkout due to "stubhub fees".

I prefer to buy tickets from people I know.

Nov 21, 2018, 12:59 PM

Hey, bud. I just bought two tickets for my wife and I, just yesterday. They were about $165, for both, but I bought the cancellation insurance for an additional $13. I already have the bar codes sent to me via their app. I have bought from StubHub many times. I have never had an issue. I think you’ll be just fine if you decide to go that route.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,988
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic