Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about Dixon.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,209

Question about Dixon.

Jun 2, 2020, 4:15 PM

Watchign the aTm game on espnu as I type this.

Y'all help me out. I have no idea to the answer of the question I'm gonna ask.

How good a receiver is Dixon? Any chance he gets snaps playing WR? Or if not, any chance he and Etienne will be on the field at the same time with one of them either lined up as a receiver or going in motion, creating a mismatch and a difficult decision for the LBs?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While Justyn Ross is a HUGE loss for us, you have to remember that we are

Jun 2, 2020, 4:23 PM

we are going to be ok at WR and have recruited well (In case you read previously, I did soften this as before I said stacked, not sure I can say that this year). Rodgers, Ladson, Ngata, Ajou Ajou, EJ Williams, Powell, and should have some production out of TE. So while I don’t know if Lynn J is a great receiver or not (not been one of his accolades as it has been for a couple of our other backs), he would be a step back at receiver. But he’s a helluva good running back. Can’t say we’d never have two rbs but I don’t think it will be a huge part of our offense.

Message was edited by: lovingit®

Message was edited by: lovingit®

Re: Question about Dixon.

Jun 2, 2020, 4:53 PM

Deep breath everyone. This is just like 2015. Our tall, jump over DB star receiver gets hurt. Everyone steps up. We go from five receivers catching 20 balls or more to eight. Big contributions from TE (Legget), backup senior WR (Peake), and a walk-on slot receiver nobody ever heard of.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 8:50 PM

Agree. It will help TL immensely to spread the ball around. It will keep double teams down, allow him to look off safeties, and I think his stats (especially int’s) will be more in line with his Freshman year. Also, depending on how quickly Bowman picks up the offense and blocking assignments, defenses may be stacking the box a lot with the RBs up in dem hills. Go Tigers!

Pic of BretClem watching this aTm game

Jun 2, 2020, 5:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pic of BretClem watching this aTm game

Jun 2, 2020, 5:25 PM

NOw, THAT'S funny. Thanks for posting!

Jun 2, 2020, 5:31 PM

One of the reasons I asked was because I remember dabo talking about his conversation with Dixon after Etienne decided to return. Dixon, rightfully so, was disappointed in the fact that this was supposed to be his year as the #1 RB. Not mad at Etienne, but just down a bit becasue he had been waiting "his turn" and was looking forward to being "the guy" this year.

Just wondering if Dabo could get him a few more snaps this year by playing him at WR as well as RB. Not thinking about him switching positions.

And, yes, Clemson will miss Ross. But, yes, Clemson will be just fine. I fully expect them to be back in the playoffs. I fully expect Lawrence to have a better season this year than Burrow had last year.

Jun 2, 2020, 9:42 PM

LJD is definitely not a WR. Forget it.

Putting him on the field with ETN to confuse a defense and create a favorable matchup could happen.

Beware! this is a sign that the world is bat $ hit crazy...

Jun 2, 2020, 10:04 PM

An enthusiastic, reasonable FSU college football fan talking normal entertaining football talk to Clemson fans. The end is near!!!

Re: Beware! this is a sign that the world is bat $ hit crazy...

Jun 2, 2020, 10:26 PM

Yeah, once the Internet Football Baord Forum Policeman find out that Tigernet is allowing reasonable and non-flammatory discussion between fans of different schools, they will report Tigernet to Google, Chrome, Facebook and Twitter and Tigernet will be put into quarantine. :) :)

Ha..where’s the Trumpster when we need him!

Jun 2, 2020, 11:20 PM

LOL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,209
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic