Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about Dabo potential Dabo hires??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Question about Dabo potential Dabo hires??

Dec 9, 2012, 3:06 PM

Morris - High School coach needing a big break...Dabo hires him and his offense works in the ACC and breaks records... now highest paid assistant coach, great hire but still someone needing a break. Do you really think Clemson hires a high school coach if not for Malzhan just coming in a winning with Auburn? Great timing but not a typical hire but it worked

Venables- Brother Stoops coming back Oklahoma down after Stoops brohter left to take Arizona job...Venables being reduced to Co-Defensive coordinator and who knows with brothers involved if he even wanted to be part of that...this hire equals Clemson and Dabo giving another coach a big break he needed. There weren't any other schools knocking down venables doors to be D-coordinator plus Clemson paid him a ton.

My question is what big name is going to come coach for Dabo who isn't a coach by trade? He is more of a recruiting guru and cheerleader. Assistants come to learn defense while coaching under Nick Saban, learn offense under offensive guru, etc. What does an assistant learn from Dabo? To think Randy Shannon would come to work for Dabo is not reality. The best bet is a young up and comer who would love the chance to coach at a big time school like Clemson but isn't getting the looks from the big boys yet. It can still work but it isn't going to be a big name working for Dabo unless they pay him a ton. Even then, Morris is racking up frequent flyer miles by interviewing for these open jobs and is still paid a ton??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So Dabo makes two great hires but you brush it of as luck

Dec 9, 2012, 3:09 PM

and try to use that to support your argument that he won't be able to make more great hires??? Ok....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good summation of the irony of his idiocy. +1.***

Dec 9, 2012, 3:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd say with high pay and all those frequent flyer miles you

Dec 9, 2012, 3:16 PM [ in reply to So Dabo makes two great hires but you brush it of as luck ]

mentioned Clemson looks extremely attractive to any coach trying to step up. Heck, Cheese just got a bump up to co-coordinator, too, as folks where calling for him to be replaced after this season. Maybe that would support not having to dig as far as dabo has in the recent past, huh?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So Dabo makes two great hires but you brush it of as luck

Dec 9, 2012, 3:18 PM [ in reply to So Dabo makes two great hires but you brush it of as luck ]

I guess the question was why do so many people think a big name coach is coming. Dabo made 2 hires that weren't huge names and Morris was a home run. The Venables hire is stil to be determined but a coach from a big school is not neccessarily a big name coach.

Now Kirby Smart leaving bama to come be clemsons DC would be a big name hire, Venables basically being shown the door in oklahoma is not a big name hire

The point is it can be a no name and with the right talent and ability can be a home run. Stay with reality what big name coach is coming to "learn" under Dabo?

Dan Brooks, Robbie Caldwell, and Brent Venables

Dec 9, 2012, 3:23 PM

all big name hires. Are they not? So whats your point? Oklahoma matched Clemsons offer to Brent to keep him there...they weren't pushing him out the door no matter how much you want that to be the case. Who says we need a big name anyway? Dabo has proven he can hire both.

Morris was at Tulsa

Dec 9, 2012, 3:11 PM

Sure he was recently in college, but lets not make it something it wasn't. Morris coached a Top-10 offense at Tulsa and helped the team to 10+ wins including a win over Notre Dame.

Dabo wanted a spread offense and while I'm sure Malzahn's success at Auburn influenced him, so did the success at Oregon, Oklahoma St., Florida, and every other spread offense in the country.

*recently in high school***

Dec 9, 2012, 3:11 PM

Dabo has always prefered the spread, gave Napier a...

Dec 9, 2012, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Morris was at Tulsa ]

return back scratch for helping lock down the Clemson head coaching job. Had CTB continued to use the Clemson atheletes more properly post Rich Rod things would have went much differently @ Clemson, imo.

Re: Dabo has always prefered the spread, gave Napier a...

Apr 4, 2024, 5:11 PM

I totally agree Rich Rod style should have been kept.

Re: Dabo has always prefered the spread, gave Napier a...

Dec 9, 2012, 3:27 PM

You mean the style that got Michigan on probation while he was there ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you really just try to correlate offensive scheme with

Dec 9, 2012, 3:30 PM

NCAA violations? Lol. You do realize that thought process is completely illogical, don't you?

Yeah, wonder if he cares to talk Tulane, Clemson, WVU, &

Dec 9, 2012, 3:32 PM

Arizona with that Michigan Xs/Os? lol

Re: Question about Dabo potential Dabo hires??

Dec 9, 2012, 3:21 PM

Ellis hired Tommy West and all his old Clemson buddies to help him at So Miss and went 0-12. He is a great coach but his loyalty has burned him lately. I would say Clemson was firing Cheese anyway based on performance and he gets a raise and title bump at Auburn. Ellis may never learn.

To say dabo can't teach is crazy

Dec 9, 2012, 3:26 PM

Dabo may be able to teach a coach the most important thing an aspiring coach can learn and that is how to run a program. Say what you want about his x & o knowledge but the man can put together and run a college program.

Most of the time big names know their offense or defense but are not head coaches because they don't know what it takes to be a head coach. Dabo maybe one of the best in the college game at simply managing a team and doing what is needed to make that team a winner.

null

Dec 9, 2012, 3:28 PM

Simple question? Is Dabo a winner or is it just that the ACC down since he has been there?

I would say he is a benefactor of the ACC being so down and not a real winner. How many games has he coached where he beat a team with more talent and that he wasn't favored over?

Your a dumper....we get it. How many of those games have we

Dec 9, 2012, 3:31 PM

lost in the past when we had more talent than the other team??? He's winning the games he is supposed to win...something we haven't been able to do here for a LONG time. The ACC has been weak for years. Why do you think Bowden got fired for not being able to win it??

***You're******

Dec 9, 2012, 3:33 PM

He cant beat our rival and that is not acceptable

Dec 9, 2012, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Your a dumper....we get it. How many of those games have we ]

to a large portion of this fan base. He lost me after this last loss with all the talent we have and us being at home. He should be fired if he goes down 5 in a row to them and I do not care if we win 10 games again. If he isn't feeling the heat now he certainly will if he loses in cootlumbia next year. Also I feel that this game against LSU is a must win. Dabo has to start winning some of these big games. This past season has been a disappointment since our lone quality win was over a not so great NC State team. He can salvage this season with a win over LSU however. It is a very very big game for DS.

Just last year

Dec 9, 2012, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Question about Dabo potential Dabo hires?? ]

Beat three ranked teams consecutive. Auburn, FSU, and VT. Then stomped VT again in the ACC CG. Dabo is fine at HC, and any coordinator would be happy to come to Clemson because Dabo gives up his bonus money to pay the coaches more.

It is really going to suck for you when "Dabo"

Dec 9, 2012, 3:38 PM

becomes the big name that you're so desperate for in your incessant whining. What ever will you do then.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2012, 4:46 PM

Morris is paid way to much! You may not agree with me but look at his recored in Big Games!! He still has a learning curve to go through and he is leaning at Clemson will big money!
Coach V will do ok once he get a few of his coaches into place and a few more play makes!

null

Dec 9, 2012, 4:58 PM

Spin it baby spin it...

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic