Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about Clemson's run game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,328

Question about Clemson's run game

Dec 14, 2020, 1:23 PM

I know we don't necessarily run block all that well and I know that teams have been loading the box to stop ETN, but does anybody else feel like ETN hasn't exactly been on top of his game lately?

I saw 1 or maybe 2 runs vs VA Tech where I felt he was running extremely hard and had that amazing burst that he is known for.

Prior to that game and on the rest of his carries in that game, I can't remember seeing that in the latter part of the season. I can't remember seeing it since before the BC game.

I have also noticed that he isn't breaking tackles nearly as often as I feel like he has in the past.

Maybe he has lost faith in his OL and is searching for daylight which is slowing down his burst.

Maybe he is a little banged up and playing through it.

Whatever the reason, I sure hope he comes out fired up and blasting through tacklers this Saturday because we need him to have a big positive impact on the game.

Does anybody else on TNET feel this way about his performance recently?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. I have thought he could be banged up and playing

Dec 14, 2020, 1:25 PM

through it. He doesn't seem to have his normal speed. Hopefully a week off will bring him back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Yes. I have thought he could be banged up and playing

Dec 14, 2020, 1:27 PM

I sure hope so!

Re: Question about Clemson's run game

Dec 14, 2020, 1:31 PM

Tony Elliot said in the press conference today that Etienne has been banged up since the Notre Dame game. TE mentioned that Etienne tweaked something in his knee and hasn't been himself in the past few games. One positive of TE broadcasting that knowledge publicly is that Etienne should now be 100% healthy and we may get to see a more dominant run game this weekend, which would be much appreciated.

Dec 14, 2020, 1:36 PM

I hope you are right about the 100% for this game aspect.

Dec 14, 2020, 1:40 PM

I LOVE TRAVIS but I've noticed the same thing. Without much room to run this year, I think his confidence maybe isn't quite where it's been in the past. His ability to break tackles is directly related to his burst because he destroys angles and runs through arm tackles. I don't think we've gotten to see that burst as much this year in large part to the interior OL play. Because he hasn't had those holes, I think he assumes there isn't ever going to be a hole and is slow to hit them when they do appear.

I'm attributing it to a number of things, but I think the main thing is that he hasn't seen many holes and that is affecting his confidence to use his burst. Hoping he breaks one of his first couple runs Saturday for 15+ to get his confidence going and get the ball rolling.

FEED 9.

Dec 14, 2020, 1:52 PM

Yes, but I think it would have to be due to his health. Travis doesn't strike me as the type of person who would be discouraged by OL play. I think he's the kind of player that's going to try to make something happen regardless, as long as he is healthy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Dec 14, 2020, 2:10 PM

I don't mean it in the sense that he isn't playing hard because of OL play.

I meant that he is starting to expect not having a hole and so he is busy looking for something instead of trusting the play and hitting the spot full speed for when something is there.

Dec 14, 2020, 2:42 PM

Okay, got it. That's definitely possible.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Dec 14, 2020, 2:48 PM

There needs to be a hole before he can accelerate through it. Sometimes he is waiting for his blockers (in vain).

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,328
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic