Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question For The Bored
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,699

Question For The Bored

Nov 10, 2020, 2:18 PM

With DJ showing out recently, I've seen a lot written about how good he can be and how we have had this amazing run of QBs. It's extremely plausible that Deshaun, Trevor and DJ are all starters in the NFL a few years from now, with Deshaun having been the lowest-drafted of the 3.

Trevor and (especially) DJ still have a long way to go to cement and define their legacies at Clemson, but at THIS point in time, how do you all envision those legacies 10 years from now? How do you think Clemson fans will rank Deshaun, Trevor and DJ in 10 years? I'm curious how you all see this playing out.

Hot takes, national championship predictions, Heisman predictions and hypotheticals welcome...

It sure is a great time to be a tiger!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question For The Bored

Nov 10, 2020, 2:46 PM

My only comment is..... enjoy the moment. They are all exceptional talents and it is a bit unfair to compare one with the other. They are all Tigers and that’s all that matters, to me.

Nov 10, 2020, 2:58 PM

Watson will forever be at the top for Clemson fans. He was the first. He got us there and put us on his back to win the game. His career had so many epic regular and post season games. With the lack of competition in the ACC we wont have the regular season memories for Lawrence and DJ. The teams Lawrence and DJ are always way more talented than what Watson go to play with.

Nov 10, 2020, 4:02 PM

I have to include Boyd in this conversation. He was the first of the very big time recruits to commit to Dabo.

Nov 10, 2020, 4:11 PM

Agreed! Boyd really helped change the tone for QB play and recruiting at Clemson. Watson took it to another level.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2020, 4:07 PM

As individuals I could like all 4.But as players in the NFL it depends on which team they play for.
Say what you want ,but I am not a band wagon jumper. I am 70 years old, and have been a Dallas Cowboy fan since 1960,day 1.I mean Tom Landry and Roger Staubach days.
So I could not pull or any of these guys if they played for any NFC East team or for that matter most of the NFC teams.
As far as the AFC,I could not pull for any of them if they played for Pittsburg ,New England, or the Colts.

Nov 10, 2020, 4:11 PM

I was a big cowboy fan when a guy named Charlie Waters Was a defensive back. I bet you were too.

Nov 10, 2020, 5:16 PM

My opinion, Deshaun and Trevor are pretty much even in terms of legacy, regardless of how Trevor ends his CFB career. Its too early for me to make a call on DJ in regards to legacy, but he's right there with Deshaun and Trevor in terms of where they were in there first few starts. I will say that I would not be surprised if he's right there with Deshaun and Trevor in 10 years.

A few weeks ago, I was thinking how much I'm going to miss Trevor, but having DJ here and his playing at such a high level will provide a distraction that will make it easier to deal with Trevor being gone. Don't get me wrong though, I'll still miss Big Trev.

As for a Heisman, I don't see Clemson getting one. At times it really seems that national sports media are chomping at the bit for any reason to make players from other teams the frontrunner over Clemson players. I don't see that changing. When it comes to score predictions and national championship predictions, I am superstitious about jinxing us, so I will leave that to others here.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

To me, in Clemson lore, Deshaun will always be No. 1. He

Nov 11, 2020, 8:05 AM

was the first in recent times to knock the ceiling off what others thought our program was capable of. And without him, I don't know if we attract a Trevor Lawrence. DJ's history is, as you say, yet to be written. Let's not put the Willy Korn expectations jinx on him, please.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2020, 8:11 AM

It would be awesome to see DW4 and Trevor tied in the 4th during a super bowl a few years from now!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,699
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic