Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question About Natty Tickets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Question About Natty Tickets

Aug 12, 2018, 10:06 PM

I know it's early, and I don't want to get too ahead of myself but I'm just inquiring for some type of reference point. For those of you that went to the title games in 2015 and 2016 in Arizona and Tampa, when did you pull the trigger on tickets, did you notice any fluctuations in prices, and when did you notice the cheapest tickets? 2015 was my senior year and 2016 I was too broke to even consider it, but now I'm curious. I'd clear the schedule and book flights, hotels, and tickets on the Friday before if needed. I assume tickets were pricier in Tampa, so Arizona would likely be a better reference point since that would be a similar level of travel. Additionally, if we make the title game again in such a recent timeframe I wonder if some people decide not to go because they've already crossed it off their bucket list. Thanks in advance!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I already purchased my RSVP at CFP.

Aug 12, 2018, 10:10 PM

Upper deck tickets

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I already purchased my RSVP at CFP.

Aug 12, 2018, 10:13 PM

What'd that run you? I'm seeing about $1150/ticket in the 300s section, which sounds pretty reasonable.

about $420

Aug 13, 2018, 8:19 AM

Now This didn’t buy my ticket. It reserves the right to buy a face value ticket.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Instead of hoping to get the best deal of all time

Aug 12, 2018, 10:21 PM

Just set yourself a hard budget for the flight, the hotel and the tickets. If you can get it at your price, then go for it and don't worry about if the prices drop. Playing that game will only give you a headache. There's plenty of time to get deals on flights. If you get a great deal on a hotel and book it and notice you can save a few bucks flying in a day earlier, don't be afraid to stay at a motel 6 for a night if ends up saving you on the earlier flight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Instead of hoping to get the best deal of all time

Aug 12, 2018, 10:55 PM

That's a good point - I hadn't considered booking a budget motel in exchange for a cheaper, earlier flight. I will say the natty being on Monday does appear to have that advantage, since you can take a Sunday-Tuesday flight schedule instead of a Friday-Sunday like any other road game.

Re: Question About Natty Tickets

Aug 12, 2018, 10:41 PM

Owensb01 gives sage advice. I went to both, and I'll try to answer from memory. AZ was bought through IPTAY. Tickets steadily increased to a little above face as a whole, but dropped fairly quickly during that final week. I'm sure this was due to travel issues for most. FL was an entirely different animal. Somehow we missed the IPTAY deadline, and I'm not positive we would've gotten them anyway. Paid an arm and a leg (about 80% over face) through Stubhub immediately after IPTAY feel through for pretty bad seats. But I was glad to het them because they never stopped increasing in price. There were folks at the Stubhub center taking out second mortgages. Our price was actually on the aftermarket low-end. I'd buy the right for tickets if Clemson makes it if I didn't have a better source. I know it's wasted money if we don't make it, but probably worth the risk. Our tickets are hard to get lately.

Aug 12, 2018, 10:54 PM

But hey, it was worth it to be in Tampa when Orange Crush happened right? Thanks for the input, I appreciate it!

Aug 12, 2018, 11:16 PM

It will be expensive, there is no way around it. I went to AZ and FL. Best money I ever spent!

Aug 13, 2018, 12:37 AM

I cash in my travel points during Bowl season.

2015 Orange Bowl (FL): Reserved hotel room in Coral Gables using points right after destination announced. Tix purchased on StubHub for fair price. Drove to game.

2015 Championship (AZ); Bought flight using points to Vegas and tix soon after Orange Bowl. Free room in Vegas. Drove to Phoenix. Prices were reasonable as only needed 1 and distance for both teams.

2016 Fiesta (AZ): flight soon after announcement. Free room in Vegas. Buddy booked room in Scottsdale using points night after game. Seats relatively cheap.

2016 Championship (Tampa): drove to game. Hotel near stadium using points night of game. Stayed in Gainesville on drive down for cheap. Tix bought on Wednesday before game for high but fair price on TNet (cheaper than StubHub).

2017 Sugar: Bought season tix from TNet seller who honored rights to sell Bowl game tix at face value. Very respectful. Booked hotel on Bourbon St using points then drove to game from SC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was able to use miles for Phx flights in 15, and it was the flights

Aug 13, 2018, 2:12 AM

that made the game tickets affordable.

Explanation: 80,000 Clemson and Bama fans want to go to Phx. But airlines weren't prepared in a weeks notice (after semis) to increase # of flights. That meant you had everyone vying for the same # of seat to get to Phx. Because the game was Mon night, driving 1500 miles was out of the question for most.
Therefore, it was probably 2-3x as much to fly ($800 - 1200) as the game ticket cost.
I bought our game tix ($375-425ish, not positive) a week ahead of time, 10-15yrd line upper deck Clemson side for a little under face value. The closer the game got, the cheaper tix seemed to get.

Now I'm in Tahoe area, so its just the game ticket this year. Conversely, getting to DV is difficult. We have made the last 3 ACCCG and have tix for Clt this year though, and also were in DV for 6 games over that period. We all do the best we can I suppose..

Flights this year should be WAY easier than Phx also. You have Oakland, SFO, San Jose, and Sacramento all within an easy 2h drive.

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

A lot of folks flew in to Vegas and drove to Phoenix***

Aug 13, 2018, 8:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I remember that too. Also many people joined charter flight groups at $1000 per person.

Aug 13, 2018, 12:26 PM

Point was it was not easy to get there.

null

I purchased mine through IPTAY both times....

Aug 13, 2018, 8:49 AM

as well as for all three semi-final games.

Tickets for the two championship games were priced the same.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 13, 2018, 9:04 AM

For AZ, I never planned on going until I saw tickets drop below $100 on Stubhub the week before the game. Hotels were plentiful, but the problem was getting there. Flights were over $3000, unless I was willing to fly in 3 days before and leave 2 day after the game. I even looked at flying into Vegas, El Paso, LA...same story, so I watched from home.

For Tampa, I found some hotels, but most required a two week cancelation. Other hotels for 40-50 miles out were booked. During the OSU game, hotels began to open up and cancelations changed to 24 hours prior to arrival. I must have booked and canceled 7-10 reservations during the game, each time getting closer to the stadium until I landed one 5 miles from the stadium. Then I began the daunting search for tickets on StubHub, ultimately paying $1000 per ticket.

After Tampa, we rejoined IPTAY for the sole purpose of purchasing post season tickets. We gave up IPTAY several years ago because of Saturday conflicts with our kids sports. Now we just sell our regular season tickets and purchase post season tickets thru IPTAY.

This year I am planning ahead because I expect tickets will be plentiful, but travel will be expensive...I already have a hotel booked in San Fran and I'm keeping an eye on flights. Since we use hotel points and will get tickets at face value, Ill be willing to spend a little more on flights.

But the best advise is to plan ahead and pay attention to cancelation policies. Good Luck!

Just a heads up that the stadium is not in San Francisco.***

Aug 13, 2018, 12:33 PM

null

I knew we were going to make the Natty in 2015 and booked

Aug 13, 2018, 9:39 AM

my airfare (nonrefundable, too!) and hotel (refundable) in October. Booked the rental car and the parking pass for the stadium from the "Orange Bowl" parking lot after the game. Got tickets through IPTAY for face value. The week before that game, tickets were for sale well below face value.

Tampa 2016, got tickets through IPTAY, was glad I did - because they went sky high all the way to game time. Guy was selling 1 ticket in our parking lot for $1500 and I know plenty of people that paid over $1000/ticket to get in that game. There were easily 10,000+ Clemson fans tailgating in the lots that drove down hoping for a last minute ticket deal and couldn't afford to get in the game.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Made hotel reservations MONTHS before & booked flights on

Aug 13, 2018, 11:22 AM

Southwest due to their cancellation procedures. Bought tix thru IPTAY. HTH

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic