Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 846

Question

May 12, 2014, 1:35 PM

If we go to a 9 conference, would anything happen to the USCjr game?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question

May 12, 2014, 1:37 PM

Well, based on Coot Logic we would lose it, right? "WE WILL NEVER LOSE ANOTHER GAME UNDER SPURRIER AGAINST CLEMSUX!" ….Or something like that. Yeah, ok.

Honetly, I'd like to see us keep it. I don't want to lose the rivalry or the added strength of schedule.

May 12, 2014, 1:39 PM

I don't think we would lose it bc they (SEC) are committed to playing outside the conference so the ACC and SEC rivals games would stay right?

May 12, 2014, 1:41 PM

I guess I would like it if the ACC became stronger

Ditto -

May 12, 2014, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Question ]

I'm in favor of the 9 game sched, if we can:

- drop one of the lightweights
- lock UGA and SCar in as season bookends
- same with in-conf game FSU..home and home forever

That would be a pretty solid SOS in any given year, unless every team besides FSU implodes.

This obviously won't happen - but it's such a logical thing as far as the OOC games. UGA and ChickenLand are just too close to not schedule every year.

May 12, 2014, 1:38 PM

Probably not. Plus the SEC has to play one OOC game w a power conference. Thus USuC always has us for that.

We would just lose one of the 2 cupcakes. It would make it much harder to schedule a home and home with Georgia for example.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmm

May 12, 2014, 1:39 PM

photo R7oA4_zpsd949714d.gif

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Yes, we might start losing that game every year

May 12, 2014, 1:41 PM

wait, that already happened? Never mind

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Yes, we might start losing that game every year

May 12, 2014, 1:42 PM

Hey we'll get 'em this year. They lost key players. I say we win by AT LEAST 3 TDs since we're playing them in DV.

Without Clowney and Shaw they have no chance

May 12, 2014, 1:43 PM

It's not like that Dylan Thompson guy could ever beat us.

Especially now that we have Cole Stoudt under center, that guy almost never throws an incompletion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

gimme a sec so i can put a little space between the 3 of us

May 12, 2014, 1:45 PM

i don't want to get any cake on me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Without Clowney and Shaw they have no chance

May 12, 2014, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Without Clowney and Shaw they have no chance ]

I don't think we're emphasizing the impact of playing in DV. We always kick their #### when we get them at home lately. Remember 2004? I rest my case.

Re: Without Clowney and Shaw they have no chance

May 12, 2014, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Without Clowney and Shaw they have no chance ]

Sensing some sarcasm...

one inherent problem with the 9 game schedule

May 12, 2014, 1:57 PM

unbalanced home-away games (4/5 or 5/4). Some teams will play more home games than others, which gives an advantage.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 846
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic