Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Guys I think the ACC can potentially be one of the top 3
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Guys I think the ACC can potentially be one of the top 3

Jan 18, 2013, 3:39 PM

Conferences going forward. The conference has some real potential but why do you guys think it would be so bad to move to the Big 12, if that move included Clemson,FSU Miami, Ga Tech and really any combination 2 of these NC State, Va Tech, UVA, Louisville, or UNC. Throw in WVA and you get 7 teams on one side from the east/south plus probably TCU. You play an 8 team league schedule so we would play say FSU,Ga Tech,WVU,Miami, TCU and maybe Louisville and Nc State (depending on the other two) plus one from the other side Oklahoma,Texas,Texas Tech,okie State,Baylor,Iowa state,K Stats, Kansas. That would rival any schedule USuCk would play.

To me it's a win win. The ACC stays intact and possible gets ND full time in 2015 plus 1 or worse case it stays the same and Va tech, Miami, UNC ga tech, Pitt, the Cuse all improve to make the conference really good.

Really not worried either way

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are CLEMSON

Jan 18, 2013, 3:41 PM

not the ACC...

Re: We are CLEMSON

Jan 18, 2013, 4:52 PM

That mindset is dated and unfortunately does hurt our athletic programs. As much as we hate it we have to start pulling for our conference (whichever one it may be Big 12, ACC, or SEC) because the fancy new buildings that recruits like are paid for by TV money. The better your conference (and your program) the better the money.

Like I said....It the 70s,80s, and 90s that mindset could hold water. Now it just hurts your cause.

Some people will never get it. They just want all the

Jan 18, 2013, 11:03 PM

other ACC teams to lose so they can complain about how weak the ACC is. Figure????

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trust me i hate the pull for every team like the SEC

Jan 18, 2013, 7:39 PM [ in reply to We are CLEMSON ]

does, but the conference has to perform well. I hate every team we play, but they have to win games to get us where we want to be.

It doesn't matter..Winning takes care of everything!***

Jan 18, 2013, 3:48 PM

No problem with all those teams joining the Big 12

Jan 18, 2013, 4:21 PM

But if it's only Clemson and FSU....I would not be excited.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Agreed, I'd support a move only if there was a "B12 East"

Jan 18, 2013, 5:08 PM

If they tried to put together a Big 12 Eastern Division with all of the ACC football schools, then I'd be very intrigued and would hope Clemson would go along with it if the other invitees did. Otherwise, I think a move (even with FSU) would make us look ridiculous like MD and WVU look right now.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we can get Penn State to join and ...

Jan 18, 2013, 4:29 PM

ND joins, then we are talking! We could then implement the "pod" concept (read elsewhere on this board) .... then again, the ACC seems to be doing ok "as is".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guys I think the ACC can potentially be one of the top 3

Jan 18, 2013, 4:37 PM

$50 million exit fee!!,

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That fee wouldn't stand if there's no one left to divide it

Jan 18, 2013, 5:30 PM

up amongst.

If we were part of at least four schools (FSU definite and at least two from Va. Tech, Miami, Pitt, or Louisville) leaving at once then I would be for a move to an East / West moving Big 12. Six teams would be better, with an NC State or Cincinnati in the mix. Good football and basketball.

The ACC now has all the ingredients it needs to be a robust and highly competitive and watched league on all fronts, but somehow as a group we manage to be our own worst enemies. A league full of most of the east coast's largest and strongest programs in football, basketball and baseball will always be relevant if it works better together.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swofford won't dividy that money up between schools anyway.

Jan 18, 2013, 5:37 PM

He'll use it to sponsor another fake study on afro americans or something for his football team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Question,

Jan 19, 2013, 8:21 AM

Why do Maryland and WV look stupid now. Both moved to a better conference, will make a lot more money, prestige goes up, and WV was bowl eligible first year. To me it looks like a great move. No one thinks it was dumb.

Re: Question,

Jan 19, 2013, 8:35 AM

I was thinking the same thing. They are or will be in a football conference rather than a basketball conference, making or will make more money. They are or will be in a conference eligible to play in the higher paying ($80 million) major bowl (Sugar and Rose) as opposed to the Orange bowl which pays out $55 million. Yes, very dumb.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic