Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
QBR Formula
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,955

QBR Formula

Oct 19, 2020, 11:27 PM

I don't know what the college QBR formula is, but if you check the box score on ESPN for the game last weekend, TL is listed at 97.0. He was 24/32 for 404 with 5 TDs and 1 INT. Mac Jones had a QBR of 97.7. He was 24/32 for 417 with 4 TDs and 1 INT. Wouldn't you rather have 13 yards less and 1 more TD? Especially if you factor in the amount of minutes played to get said statistics.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: QBR Formula

Oct 20, 2020, 1:10 AM

It’s TL the pros are all after. They know what it’s all about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2020, 1:10 AM

It’s TL the pros are all after. They know what it’s all about. And MacJones isn’t it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe his point is that the college metrics are all

Oct 20, 2020, 6:32 AM

skewed towards the SEC. Last week, another poster made a post about some ludicrous poll, that is incorporated into the MASSEY POLL, which had Clemson, North Carolina,NC State,Miami, and maybe Notre Dame ALL ranked below South Carolina. CLemson was the highest ranked ACC team at # 32 I believe.

BC MOORE (Iowa HS Football) that somehow was included...

Oct 20, 2020, 6:59 AM

Massey has culled things down considerably since then.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2020, 7:51 AM

I think QBR is adjusted by some factor due to the ranking of the defense the QB is playing. So, basically this is saying that Jones' performance against Georgia's defense is slightly more impressive than Lawrence's performance against GT's defense. Sure this is a bit subjective in determining how much better one defense is over the other, but it is hard to argue that quality/ability of opponent doesn't have some effect on how well a QB plays. It definitely leaves room for some artificial inflation of one conference's QB over another though.

Oct 20, 2020, 8:12 AM

Defense is not a factor in the QBR calc. Details here.

https://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/123701/how-is-total-qbr-calculated-we-explain-our-quarterback-rating

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,955
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic